bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Praying in the Holy Spirit  (Read 5365 times)

Fabruk

Praying in the Holy Spirit
« on: November 01, 2007, 08:12:29 PM »

Hey friends, I use to pray in tongues a lot as I as told that would edify my faith according to Jud 20  "But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Spirit", I read the paper about Praying in Tongues by Ray and I understand now that was more of showing of my flesh then edification of my faith, but here is my question: What is or How can I pray in the Holy Spirit, and How do I edify my faith?
Any words will be appreciated.
God Bless
Fabio

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Praying in the Holy Spirit
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 08:29:42 PM »

The best answer I can give is found here.

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

Craig

Fabruk

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 08:39:23 PM »

Hi Craig,
I have read that sometime ago but I will read it again.
Thanks for stopping by

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 08:55:56 PM »

Hi Fabio,

No need to elaborate on Craig's response but here is the opening paragraph to the link he provided;

PRAYING BY GOD’S RULES

[God’s Prayer Rules are Simple but Not Easy]

Few subjects in the Bible are more mysterious or less understood than the subject of prayer. Few indeed know how to pray or what to pray about. And what is the proof of that statement? The proof is that most prayers are never answered. Hundreds of millions of people a day pray in vain. They get no answer to their prayers. Why is this? Is there an answer as to why most prayers go unanswered? Absolutely, there is. Will most people accept the only and true Scriptural teaching on this subject? I’m afraid most will not.

There are many clich鳠regarding prayer, and some are absolutely true. It is said that God has one of three answers for all prayers: "Yes, No, or Later." This is basically, albeit not totally true. This one might be closer to the truth: "Your way, My way, or No way."

There is an interesting essay on prayer in which it is stated: "I got nothing that I asked for, but everything that I could have ever hoped for." That may make for a nice sentiment, but few would ever believe such a thing deep in their heart. Most people do not believe that they got everything in life that they could have ever hoped for.

Christians and heathens alike, ignorantly and stupidly believe that they can change the mind of a Sovereign God Who always knows long in advance how He will fulfill His perfect plan and purpose under every and all circumstances. Many imagine that answered prayer is when God changes His mind with regards to the way things were going in your life. In other words: You change your ways to please God, and God will change His mind and begin blessing you. NOT TRUE. God never, ever changes His mind about anything.

This subject of unanswered prayer is so incredibly simple that a child can understand it, yet many learned theologians and clergymen have not even a clue as to the ultimate Scriptural statement regarding prayer. I will first give you the number one pre-requisite to having prayers answered, and then I will give you a most amazing second witness from a Scripture that is preserved in very few Bible translations.

http://bible-truths.com/praying.htm

His Peace to you,

Joe

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 09:17:13 PM »

Read the next line.....

(Jud 1:20 CLV)  Now you, beloved, building yourselves up in your most holy faith, praying in holy spirit, 

(Jud 1:21 CLV)  keep yourselves in the love of God, anticipating the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ for life eonian."

I do not see a the before Holy Spirit.. you pray in spirit and in truth
Read Rays paper on worship.  Obedience is the way you worship

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5312.0.html

If you truley recognize the total soverngnty of God then you have no choice but to obey him.

Look at the NT where the two gentiles where Jesus Himself commented on their Great faith.. both the centurian and the woman with the sick daughter both understood and they humbled themselves because they recognized that they were not worthy to receive a thing but knew that Jesus was sovergn, merciful and loving.

(Heb 11:6 KJVR)  But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Remember the Parade of faith written in Hebrews

(Heb 11:4 KJVR)  By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

(Heb 11:7 KJVR)  By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith.

(Heb 11:8 KJVR)  By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went

All of these people in the OT .....obeyed God...

Jesus himself was the ultimate example of obedience and

Mat 3:17  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased

Therefor we should be
(Heb 12:2 KJVR)  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Faith is a gift.. the ability to die to self....When we die to self and live in the spirit, we contiuually grow and

(Gal 5:22 KJVR)  But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,

(Gal 5:23 KJVR)  Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

(Gal 5:24 KJVR)  And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

(Gal 5:25 KJVR)  If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit

Our faith is edified or built up with each step as we "lean on" and "rest" on God's sovergnty

Beloved
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 09:35:19 PM by Beloved »

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 09:46:21 PM »

I was posting on top of yours

Yes Craig and Joe I most hearlty agree that praying in Gods Will is certainly the only means of having our prayers answered.

I experimented and got Ray's link put in

I also added the reason in Fabios particular scripture translation of why I answered this post in this way.

Beloved
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 10:19:39 PM by Beloved »

gmik

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2007, 11:59:19 PM »

Excellent question.  Thanks all for answers and the links.  You know I read that but I can't remember everything and It is like reading it afresh!!!  Great thread.

psalmsinger

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 10:40:40 AM »

I believe that it is in praying in the spirit and truth that God is changing your mind to be more like His mind and His desires. 
Pray without ceasing...The Potter working with the clay.  The circumstances or other people's circumstances surrounding you may or may not change according to your will, but your will changes to what is already His will concerning the subject of your prayer.  It is there you can find comfort, peace, and rest in the Lord as He reveals Himself to you. I find it hard to be patient.  Jesus is your sabbath rest...every day.

Barbara
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.