bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy to be here  (Read 3651 times)

Matt

Happy to be here
« on: November 01, 2007, 08:27:40 PM »

1 Peter 2:2-10
As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 6For in Scripture it says:
   "See, I lay a stone in Zion,
      a chosen and precious cornerstone,
   and the one who trusts in him
      will never be put to shame." Now to you who believe, this stone is precious. But to those who do not believe,
   "The stone the builders rejected
      has become the capstone," and,
   "A stone that causes men to stumble
      and a rock that makes them fall." They stumble because they disobey the message—which is also what they were destined for.

It is a beautiful Friday morning here on Okinawa and I just wanted to share this bit of word before I go to work.
God IS Great!!! :)
Matt

Grateful

Re: Happy to be here
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 09:14:26 PM »

1 Peter 2:2-10
As you come to him, the living Stone—rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him— 5you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. It is a beautiful Friday morning here on Okinawa and I just wanted to share this bit of word before I go to work.
God IS Great!!! :)
Matt

MM,  YES  , He IS !!!   :D :D :D   Beautiful day here in Oregon too!!

Just want to share what I discovered when I poked in the Webster's Collegiate Dictionary of the American Language, regarding the word "sacrifice".....it means :  "to make sacred."   I LIKE that definition....it makes a lot of sense to me!!  ;-> !!

Blessings,

Linda

gmik

Re: Happy to be here
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2007, 11:22:51 PM »

Matt, your Avatar Picture is wonderful!!!  I love it!!!  God Bless Ya Lots in Okinawa!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 20 queries.