bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone read this 'tektonics.org' page about Ray??  (Read 7352 times)

SteveB

Anyone read this 'tektonics.org' page about Ray??
« on: April 27, 2006, 01:17:37 AM »

Read these 'refutations'(LOL!) of Rays work.  Some of the weakest stuff I've ever seen...L-A-M-E!

http://www.tektonics.org/qt/smithlr02.html

http://www.tektonics.org/qt/smithlr01.html

alucard

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 01:37:46 AM »

thats very funny

they don't even make a valid argument

they really need to do more research otherwise they'll just look stupid as they do now

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 02:29:23 AM »

Do they use any scripture in there arguments? Or just belittle ray, because they got there PHD in memorizing the bible?

I skimmed through ti so i don't knwo if scripture was used, but some of the stuff sounded kinda wack like, "I guess God is not a mushroom also" or "God is not conscious."
Perhaps they forgot the very diffinition of GOD. I think its UNDERSTOOD He is conscoius.  :roll:

orion77

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 10:25:51 AM »

Blah, blah, blah, I fell asleep half way through it!   :lol:  :lol:
He sure did not use much scripture, except vain mumblings of a doctor of theology.

God bless,

Gary

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 10:32:18 AM »

Does Ray know about this site? perhaps someone should enlighten him. 8)

SteveB

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 01:54:47 PM »

Congratulations! You have won one of my Screwball of the Month awards, with a special "Proud to be Dumb" ribbon attached. Good work!

This guys serious WOLF!!! I've read other 'refutations' of Rays work and this one was BY FAR THE WORST EVER!!!!!!!!!

The stongest aspects of Rays paper he never even addressed.(of course)

All that was said was,' he uses quotes from guys in the 1800's', as if that means there not respectable scholars being quoted.

Some of the quotes were old guys, so it cant be right?!? :lol:

I'm gonna have to write this guy too........Steve

SteveB

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 02:53:56 PM »

Some of the Mod's need to bring this to Rays attention. 8)

eutychus

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 03:11:35 PM »

ray is full aware of tektonics article.

just so you all know ;-]

peace
chuckt

orion77

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 06:09:26 PM »

Bobby, I am not laughing at you, but  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .

Amazing how the light has shined, but most men love the darkness!!!

No sense in arguing with one such as that, God will bring him around, when it is his time.

I've had people like that in the past say I was possessed by a devil to believe God is love.  What makes more sense: to say God is love, yet torture most of His children forever, or to believe God is love and has the power to save all the lost?  Duh!  Which one sounds as if they might be possessed by a devil?  Duh!

I'm just rambling on, but you get my drift.

God bless,

Gary

Becky

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 06:14:45 PM »

Quote from: orion77
Bobby, I am not laughing at you, but  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: .

Amazing how the light has shined, but most men love the darkness!!!

No sense in arguing with one such as that, God will bring him around, when it is his time.

I've had people like that in the past say I was possessed by a devil to believe God is love.  What makes more sense: to say God is love, yet torture most of His children forever, or to believe God is love and has the power to save all the lost?  Duh!  Which one sounds as if they might be possessed by a devil?  Duh!

I'm just rambling on, but you get my drift.

God bless,

Gary

I agree with you Gary about no sense arguing with one such as that... it's like throwing pearls before swine, etc.  Maybe later they will get it. Right now they might be choking on this meat!  :!:

Phazel

Re: Anyone read this 'tektonics.org' page about Ray??
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »

Quote from: SteveB
Read these 'refutations'(LOL!) of Rays work.  Some of the weakest stuff I've ever seen...L-A-M-E!

http://www.tektonics.org/qt/smithlr02.html

http://www.tektonics.org/qt/smithlr01.html

Here is the cornerstone of thier argument at the bottom of the page.

""
L. Ray has never learned the lesson we note here. L. Ray has not merely relied on God's Word himself: He has appealed to meanings in Greek, and God's Word did not teach him Greek. But L. Ray no doubt will continue to take consolation in his own inconsistencies even as he fails to see them.
""

The only way they can claim that Ray doesn't use Gods word is to maintain that current translations are flawless.  So right here is where they fail.

shibboleth

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 10:31:16 PM »

I will do a study on some of the things CARM believes. I will probably write a paper after I do some study on the things he says.
I have written to reformed people before, and they are very slippery. They say they believe in a soverign God, yet say you choose your own salvation. Unless you are one of the chosen, you won't go to heaven. God only died for a few people. Yet it is your fault if you go to hell because you didn't make a decision you couldn't make because you were spiritually blind. Somehow they make "sense" out of this madness.

CARN says in one article that he doesn't need MT.28:19 to prove trinity. But in other articles on trinity, he uses Mt.28:19, highlighted in red, to prove trinity.

You know, these men have spent 1000's of dollars and 1000's of hours studying. They really do think they know more than anyone else. They brag about all their degrees and honors. I wonder how Jesus and the disciples would do in their churches. Not too well, I don't think.

orion77

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2006, 01:18:24 AM »

Me thinks there might be a fist fight in one of their churches, ... no just kidding...but maybe not... :lol:  8)

God bless,

Gary

Falconn003

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2006, 05:06:54 AM »

That guys ia a follower of jail house gosple, and assume another name supposebly to hide from the convicts he ministered.

the guy is so full of bull is does not know what side is up.

CHeck out this link about that phoney.

http://www.infidels.org/library/magazines/tsr/2002/4/024jph.html

Rodger

Mark J.

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2006, 01:39:54 PM »

You need to be hurt, sonny boy, to break that monumental pride of yours in being dumb.

If you think Christ would not condone such a reply, maybe you'd prefer to be called Satan, or a viper?  

Enjoy your false Christ -- the one who sings you lullabies every night and hands you ignorance on a platter

"By their fruits you will know them".

Being new to this forum i say this with a modicum of caution attached to it.
I read the forum rules when I joined and I'm pretty sure the gist of one of the rules was not to jump into the ring for Ray. He and Mike will fight their own battles.

People like that just aren't generally worth the effort anyway, no matter how big the spiritual bat you think you have to belt them across the head with. I learned that one the hard way once too often. It's just friendly advice.

This kind of person has their eyes and ears glued shut for now. Let them be. God will work it out with them at the appropriate time. He's really the only one who has the solvent to disolve the glue anyway.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.