bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Uncertain  (Read 7056 times)

sonofone

Uncertain
« on: November 04, 2007, 02:10:32 AM »

I have a question that I hope you folks won't mind me asking. Are you ever unsure of what you have come to believe since finding bible truths?I have been spending a lot of time studying since taking a break away from posting and even revisiting some of my old post and am amazed at how I bounce back and forth on what I believe.Sometimes I see something so clearly one way and then a new thought or scripture comes to mind that knocks my house of cards down and makes me reconsider.

I'm not yet willing to say that I am confused,just that there are times when I am genuinely uncertain what I believe or think I know.Is this just a condition of the word not falling on good ground,or a normal process in coming into the truth?

Robin

Re: Uncertain
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 04:35:49 AM »

2 Peter 1
19We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts:

20Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.

Ephesians 4
14That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

15But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ

Matthew 7
24Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:

25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.

26And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:

27And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

2 Thessalonians 2
 2That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

3Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

The beginning of the process for me was when my house fell and great was the fall of it.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 04:45:10 AM »

Sonofone
Are you ever unsure of what you have come to believe since finding bible truths?

Personally I have only cried in conviction and shame when it was revealed to me that I had strayed down alleys of heresy and had embraced foul blasphemies of Harlot Babylon. I felt totally disgraced, blessed and restored to God's favor once I learnt the Truth.

I can really sympathise with what you are experiencing. It has to hurt and I hope you persevere and take to heart that the Truth here in BT is the Truth. I have studied for decades many alternative opinions, beliefs and errors. When I came to Bible Truths I found the revelations to RING TRUE and ever since, I have been blessed and encouraged that there is truth to be found for all who would seek. So don't despair. Keep on keeping on. Also remember there are no contradictions in the Word of God. When we come up against what APPEARS to be a contradiction, it is only a cover for a deeper Truth yet to be understood and discovered.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

rjsurfs

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 08:25:51 AM »

Sonofone,

Are you ever unsure of what you have come to believe since finding bible truths?
Absolutely!  If I understand your question correctly... did we question what we had been taught, what we thought we already knew when the truth found us?  To agree with Arcturus... you begin to recognize the ring of truth.  Are you doubting what you have learned in physical Babylon?  If so, praise God and welcome to Bible-Truths.

I have been spending a lot of time studying since taking a break away from posting
What are you studying?  I would encourage you to read all that is on Ray's site through completely if you haven't already.

I'm not yet willing to say that I am confused,just that there are times when I am genuinely uncertain what I believe or think I know.

Sonofone, you are going to hear some tough love if you hang around the truth... and I just want to say from your above quote that you are confused.  And that is a good thing... why not admit to that... embrace it... and study what you find on Bible-truths.com.

Is this just a condition of the word not falling on good ground

For myself I had to let go all the things I thought I knew... it was like starting over.  I believe you can be too smart for your own good... you can be so smart that you miss the truths of God.  Let go of these things that confuse you... these things that you thought you knew... these things taught by men... then the ground will be ready.

1Co 2:14  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

I say these things humbly... Yes, I have felt as you do now... but I don't feel that way anymore.  If you want to experience this yourself then please try what I suggest.

With Love,
Bobby

gmik

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 01:44:14 PM »

Time and study usually takes care of the confusion.  For awhile, after finding BT, I would start to questions some things, and I would go back and read Ray and breathe a sigh of relief...Ring True indeed!!!

I was worried about reading the Bible w/o Ray to explain everything to me :D.  So I bought a Concordant to read.  Of course spiritual things are spiritually discerned so it wouldn't of mattered what version I read.  Now, tho, I really like the Concordant.

It just seems to me that after two or three years of reading, reading, reading, and being on the forum, I don't have near the anxiety or questioning like at first.

Read the 12 steps for Christians, prayer, and witnessing on Rays site.  They really help in living this life.

Relax, trust the Lord.   THIS WORD IS TRUE. (bt, I mean)

dessa

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 05:42:05 PM »

Thirty years ago I did not agree about one particular subject with the leadership of the 'church' group I attended and I have not changed to this day.   Furthermore, I have never participated with any group that I agreed 100%.  Love does cover a multitude of sin!   :)

Quoting scripture to me to prove a point does not help me understand.  When the Holy Spirit begins to teach me it is a different matter.  Please forgive me, folks, but I must share this thought with you.  Most of Jesus' Holy Scripture was quoted to the devil.

This part of the forum is for fellowship of like minds, which does not require identical minds.  More of my beliefs agree with our teacher than not and I agree we need to go directly to him with our disagreements. 

Honest, from the heart, sharing must be acceptable in this area of the forum.     ;)

Shalom,
dessa

SandyFla

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 09:56:08 PM »

Dear Sonofone,

I was where you are not too long ago. Especially on the topic of hell. I knew from Scripture that I read on Bible Truths that there is no literal place where we will burn for all eternity, but at night when it was dark and quiet, I would start to wonder. I would question in my mind if what I've come to believe is really the truth. Perhaps my church is right?

It is all indoctrination. When you've heard the same thing preached over and over for years at a time, it's hard to let go of that. And it's very scary. Finding out what you've believed for so long is wrong is a hard thing. It takes the power of God to open your eyes and change your heart and mind. It also takes time. God doesn't force anything on us before we can bear it. It's all baby steps. I'm still taking them in some aspects of my life. Growth is slow, but continuous. It's all in His time and His doing.

Let yourself rest in His hands and know that He won't lead you in the wrong direction. You are right where you should be--we all are. That's also a hard pill so swallow, but I'm learning.

Blessings to you,
Sandy

Matt

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 11:34:06 PM »

Sonofone,
  There are still many truths that I am not yet able to share with people from my intelect ???.  I do know that these truths are permanently embedded in my spirit, I will never doubt them again, even though it is taking more time than I like to commit them to my memory and even harder to express them to others. 

The fact that you keep coming back here speaks volumes.  I have been searching everywhere too, eventually, I wound up right back here, where God is showing me His truth.  I guess what I am babbling about is I understand what you are experiencing, as do many others here.  I am looking forward to reading your future posts!

Robin

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 11:44:03 PM »

Quoting scripture to me to prove a point does not help me understand.  When the Holy Spirit begins to teach me it is a different matter.  Please forgive me, folks, but I must share this thought with you.  Most of Jesus' Holy Scripture was quoted to the devil.

This part of the forum is for fellowship of like minds, which does not require identical minds.  More of my beliefs agree with our teacher than not and I agree we need to go directly to him with our disagreements. 

Honest, from the heart, sharing must be acceptable in this area of the forum.

I mean no disrespect when I quote scripture and it is never meant to teach, but rather to share my experience. I use scripture a lot to express my thoughts. No one would understand me if I used my own words, lol. I could write pages of stories that would show my process, but I'm very different than most members here and not many could relate to my experience. So I use scripture that sums it up much quicker. If the scripture I quoted sounded like a judgment I can assure everyone that it was not meant in that way at all. I was thinking only of myself when I posted and thinking back on a time when I was very confused.

GODSown1

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 06:55:30 AM »

Hey! brother sonofone  ;),
                              kewl! 2 c U posting brother, I Pray! GOD BlesSes U by Opening ur eyes! wider!  :), brother Im like gettn chillz! bcoz I can FEEL! & c HIM Working in U! wow! brother! I hear! U Loud! & Klear!, I went thru All wot U r saying & stil am being refined  :) az I believe many here in dis Forum have or still r, wow! I jus Praise! GOD! brother! 4 sum reason dis hea Thread U posted has got me Xcited! Thank YOU FATHER!, Thank U sonofone, I Pray GOD Comforts! U & StrengthnZ! U so U Will! surely!Endure! until U will Honestly! Feel FREE!, muchLOVE! 2 U sonofone. I know u do not mean bad of Ray in anyway d@ is jus ur Personal feelnZ! which is All Good!, ur Honesty! is a Light! 2 my eyez, But I jus wana say, 2 me personally Ray Doesnt try 2 b n e 1 or Doesnt really Think Hez n e 1, its others d@ make Him who He is, Realality! tho GOD made Him whom He is, a Vessel! 2 jus Voice! GODS Mighty! Truths!, az  Ray neva sayz U Must! believe! ME. He says Read it & Study it 4 urselves!. I Really! Thank GOD 4 Ray, Az I c Ray az another one of GODS Great! BLESSINGS!, WoW! wota Privilge! it must be  :) ;). Anyway! brother I sincerely know! U! aint "dis'n" in n e way, LOVE U 2 brother in CHRIST JESUS! Peace b wit U & urs!..
                                   much muchLOVE!! Pera

ps. WOW!  ;D Thanks again 4 sharing!

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 04:56:41 PM »

It is all indoctrination. When you've heard the same thing preached over and over for years at a time, it's hard to let go of that. And it's very scary. Finding out what you've believed for so long is wrong is a hard thing.

Exactly

musicman

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 08:34:20 PM »

Iv'e stuggled mightely to have real genuine faith.  I am 100% sure of one thing though.  The churchians are absolutely wrong.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 11:20:06 PM »

Iv'e stuggled mightely to have real genuine faith.  I am 100% sure of one thing though.  The churchians are absolutely wrong.

You struggle in vain musicman:

Eph 2:8  For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

It is impossible to conjure up faith, it is a gift that comes with time. Be patient.

Dennis

zander

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 01:31:31 PM »

Sonofone

I know what you mean!  The way i look at it is like this.  Out of all the different beleif systems, this one makes the most sense.  Im far and away from achieving what the "chosen" have achieved or are to achieve, though

I cant put it any simpler than that, which is whay i keep coming back to this way of thinking/beleiving.

sonofone

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2007, 08:49:32 PM »

Thanks for the feedback everyone.Your thoughts shared here have helped me greatly as I deal with the internal conflict I speak of.Hope to share again with you soon.

Chris R

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 08:55:01 AM »

Hi Sonofone,

Maybe this may be of some help, I have learned many things From reading Ray Smiths Articles., but i dont understand all of them.

There are many things the Lord has not yet revealed to me.

BUT....there are a few things He has...Once you have these truths, they are ours...God GIVES them to you.

Heres the problem, when you stretch out away from what God has given you, and try an understand in a human carnal way.

So I stick with what God has given to me, and try my best to use that knowledge.

Chris R

sonofone

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 09:56:34 AM »

That does help Chris.Thanks A friend of mine PMed me the other day making this same point.I have a personal struggle that I must confess. I feel at times that I need to know,or should know,when it comes to the word of God.

Thank God at least I have this scripture on my side in regards to what I believe on some level is a spiritual weakness of mine.That is in all thy getting get understanding.

I don't want to be right,in the sense of knowing all and have arrived at all truth.I do however like to have what I term my building blocks of faith settled and firm.I am talking things that should be basic to an understanding of knowing God,and the reason for my faith.

The uncertainty of my understanding in what I term the basics of faith pains me.

I wrote a post a little while back about entering into his rest that dealt with this.So this is a familiar struggle for me,my Achilleshill if you will.

1st Peter 5vs10 says But the God of all grace,who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus,after you have suffered awhile,MAKE YOU PERFECT,ESTABLISH,STRENGTHEN,SETTLE YOU.

This is the peace I suppose I contend for.The peace of being established and settled in the principals of the faith. God willing I will get there. I do appreciate the feedback from you and everyone here that has been open honest and forthright.It lets me know that if I am on my Island of Patmos,that I am not there alone.Thanks again everyone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 23 queries.