bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Quiet!  (Read 5329 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Too Quiet!
« on: November 04, 2007, 11:11:09 AM »

I don't know about all of you members but I find it to be strangely still and quiet in the Forum since the Conference weekend began!

I know the attendees are getting the most delicious teachings and revelations and I simply ache to have these revelations come to me too!

Peace to you

Arcturus

rjsurfs

Re: Too Quiet!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2007, 11:58:16 AM »

Yes, it feels like the house is almost empty in comparison to normal...  A good time for those of us still here to get to know each other better though!

I also look very forward to everyone's return as I am anxious to hear about the study.  We often take for granted the work of those who record, post, and transcribe Ray's teachings for us.

I think his topic "How we got the Bible" will be most interesting.

I would have loved being present to this one... hopefully the next one.

Matt

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »

I am the same way!  I have been listening to past conferences on my computer this weekend and wishing I was there! :'(

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2007, 12:58:38 PM »

they must be having a real FEAST! 8) ;D

i am in South Africa seven hours ahead and I have been watching the clock! It feels like I have to wait LONGER. I will probably get first news at 11pm my time if I am still awake other wise I have to wait until TOMORROW! :(

Bobby I enjoy your posts in the Forum and Matthew it is also great to have you with us here!

peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2007, 01:06:56 PM »

Morning! (Well, to bobby.  Matt & Arc are way away.  We just moved our clocks back 1 hour.  Do other countries do that?)

At the Nashville Conf. in May very few attendees were forum members.  I was very surprised.  They were mostly people who just read his site. Many didn't even know there was a forum.  A couple of them joined but I never see any posts.  I guess it is just not everybodies cup o tea.

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2007, 02:12:35 PM »

Hi All,

You are so right Gina, there are few forum members who attend the conferences.  I didn't join the forum until after I had attended my first conference.  I knew the forum existed, however, joining a forum was something new for me.  I was encouraged to join by Kathy and Carol (Beloved) after meeting them at the conference last year. 

I know several persons who have faithfully attended all the conferences and are not a part of our little fellowship here.  However, that does not mean some of these people are not reading what's being posted. I've been around a while now and I'm still shy about posting here.  It's similar to having a fear of public speaking.  That's the best way I can describe it.

Rene'

Kat

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 08:26:10 PM »

Well the conference has come to a close.  We had 31 attend the first day, didn't hear the count today.  Yes, there was not many from the forum.  It seems like a good many were really new to BT too. 
It was really good to see some old friends again, and make some new ones.

Ray's discussion on how we got the Bible and it's progression through the centuries was really good.  I think that kind of info is really good for serious students of the scripture.
Ray also gave us some hints of things he is working on for future conferences, very interesting.

Mercy, peace and love
Kat

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 10:15:48 PM »

My goodness do I ever feel like I am behind schedule!!!!  But, everything is in the Lords' timing!!!  It was in my heart to be able to go and be with you all and it saddens me that I have missed another meeting!  (Joe, our families didn't get together this time, but, thank you so much for your hospitality...I am saving that raincheck, ok?)  Again, it is all in HIS timing, not mine.  At least I will have the message right here for when I get a chance to sit down and listen to it.   :)  ...Until next meeting...thanks Ray for all you do...we are praying for you.

Matt

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 11:12:27 PM »

I am anxiously awaiting!  The topic of how the bible has progressed through out the centuries has always been one of my favorites to study.  I always bump into this period right after Nero though that is so unclear and hard to find accurate info on.  It must have been a difficult time, one day everyone is pagan, the next day, the emperor tells millions to convert.  No wonder the Catholic church took on so many of the pagan ways.  It was almost as if it were, dare I say, planned?!?! ::)
Matt

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 09:42:17 AM »

Yes it is true that many of the attendees are not Forum members but do read, reread and read again the articles on Bible Truths! There are some that I have seen at every Conference I have attended (4) since Nov. '05. They dissect the papers with bible in hand searching both (as the Bereans) for the treasures contained within, in my own experience I have found many more gold nuggets as I earnestly verify (scripturally) what Ray has written and the Lord has opened my eyes to scriptures I never understood before. I have found this can only happen when we actively search and seek His Wisdom, it does not happen while we sit on our hands as we wait for some new "profound" thing to satisfy our itching ears (for a few days).

To be honest here there are many members within the Forum who place less of an emphasis on the wonderful spiritual meat the Spirit has provided us through Ray and more emphasis on feelings, intuition or a desire for some "new thing." I have seen some who act as if this has all become rather stale and so "yesterday."

Please forgive me if I sound a bit harsh or even judgmental but a patient study of the incredible body of work available for free on Bible Truths will unlock many sacred secrets and leads to an inderstanding in how we should study the scriptures.

It said from time to time that too many of us "follow" Ray Smith, I would like to say that is not the least bit true, this statement can (and is) a subtle yet effective way to plant doubt in a guest's or new member's mind before they had the chance to study and verify for themselves the treasure contained in Bible Truths. This may be something some will have to answer to at the White Throne Judgment.   

I have been reading these articles for well over 2 years now and can truthfully tell you that I still learn alot on every reread, how can someone who once read a few or skimmed over the articles judge the merit of what is there? I have yet to see the challenge (to refute with 2 or 3 scriptural witnesses) successfully met, that in itself is quite a feat when you consider the volume of work available.

For most of my life I have been a rebel, rejecting out of hand any submission to authority, this has landed me within a jail cell more than once and almost got me killed a few times as well, I do not subject myself to Ray but I do submit to the Spirit who guides his writing.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

hebrewroots98

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 11:56:08 AM »

Joe,
Good abservation and well said!  Thank you for being our big (spiritual) brother who is caring enough to send us a rebuke/reminder and for giving me personally something to think about in being careful to not allow these attitudes to creep into my reasons for being here at the forum; forgive me if I am one of those type that has itcvhing ears only...you mentioned above; I don't ever want to think of these precious jewels of info here as old and boring and outdated, Lord Forbid!  And when I do post from now on, I will try to keep my opinions out as well.     

I haven't been on the forum regularly now for quite sometime, but, I do study in private and when GOD has me off of the forum for a long stint such as of lately, it is in order for me to work HIS purposes through my life (and currently I am studying these truths with others whom God has put in my life to teach...and sometimes for several hours per day...which does take alot of time away from my opportunities to be on the forum, thus, I  do not share my findings as much as perhaps I should on the forum, only b/c of that.

Blessings,
Susan

hillsbororiver

« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 01:34:17 PM »

Hi Susan,

At the Conference I was talking with a Brother who has attended the last two Conferences and I asked him if he had joined the Forum yet, his answer surprised me a bit as he said; "I don't think I am as well versed in the teachings on Bible Truths yet. When I join I want to be sure I know what I am talking about." This young man has been studying for almost two years and told me not a day goes by that he does not refer to, read (reread), and use as an outline for his own research the articles posted by Ray. He said one of the many blessings he has received is the ability to search out a matter and patiently seek supporting witnesses before coming to any conclusions.

His grasp of the messages on Ray's site is actually very impressive but he still feels his background in the Jehovah's Witness and Baptist churches cloud his mind at times, he told me as he sheds these doctrines of bondage bit by bit the love he has for God and the freedom he feels is often overwhelming, he credits the articles and thanks the Lord for being led to them and for opening his eyes. It was a beautiful and inspiring testimony to be sure.

I told him he is more than ready to be a positive influence here and that he should join in soon for his and our edification, he said he would, I hope it is sooner rather than later.

Dear Sister you should never fear asking questions or feeling your contributions are of no value, it isn't always being right or always in agreement, the real important thing is to honestly and humbly seek what His Truth is. Personally I have never seen you in any other light.

Thank you for all your responses and the kind words you generously share here.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.