bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Word  (Read 5894 times)

hillsbororiver

The Word
« on: November 06, 2007, 09:34:39 AM »

Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Joh 21:25  And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

I found it interesting that the above verses are the very first and very last verses in the Gospel of John, we know that Christ is the Word of God and that the Bible was inspired by His Spirit.

Much of the presentation that Ray did at the Conference was a chronology of how our Bible came to be as it is today, it was truly a miraculous journey guided by the Hand of God. What I found fascinating about the above scripture is that the Bible contains so many layers of Truth, first the physical then the spiritual, types, shadows, etc. that if indeed all the Wisdom that it holds were to be put into books, not man made doctrines or Hal Lindsay or "Left Behind"type fiction, but undefiled Truth that the world really could not hold them all.

What a wonderful gift those who have eyes to see and ears to hear His Word have been given.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

Re: The Word
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 12:11:47 PM »

At the Conference Ray brought up the Truths that are written in His Word that science has only recently found to be absolutely valid.

Heb 11:3  Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

The following is from;  http://www.scienceclarified.com/index.html

Subatomic particles

Subatomic particles are particles that are smaller than an atom. In 1940, the number of subatomic particles known to science could be counted on the fingers of one hand: protons, neutrons, electrons, neutrinos, and positrons. The first three particles were known to be the building blocks from which atoms are made: protons and neutrons in atomic nuclei and electrons in orbit around those nuclei. Neutrinos and positrons were somewhat peculiar particles discovered outside Earth's atmosphere and of uncertain origin or significance.

That view of matter changed dramatically over the next two decades. With the invention of particle accelerators (atom-smashers) and the discovery of nuclear fission and fusion, the number of known subatomic particles increased. Scientists discovered a number of particles that exist at energies higher than those normally observed in our everyday lives: sigma particles, lambda particles, delta particles, epsilon particles, and other particles in positive, negative, and neutral forms. By the end of the 1950s, so many subatomic particles had been discovered that some physicists referred to their list as a "particle zoo."

The quark model
In 1964, American physicist Murray Gell-Mann (1929– ) and Swiss physicist George Zweig (1937– ) independently suggested a way out of the particle zoo. They suggested that the nearly 100 subatomic particles that had been discovered so far were not really elementary (fundamental) particles. Instead, they suggested that only a relatively few elementary particles existed, and the other subatomic particles that had been discovered were composed of various combinations of these truly elementary particles.

Words to Know
Antiparticles: Subatomic particles similar to the proton, neutron, electron, and other subatomic particles, but having one property (such as electric charge) opposite them.

Atomic mass unit (amu): A unit of mass measurement for small particles.

Atomic number: The number of protons in the nucleus of an atom.

Elementary particle: A subatomic particle that cannot be broken down into any simpler particle.

Energy levels: The regions in an atom in which electrons are most likely to be found.

Gluon: The elementary particle thought to be responsible for carrying the strong force (which binds together neutrons and protons in the atomic nucleus).

Graviton: The elementary particle thought to be responsible for carrying the gravitational force.

Isotopes: Forms of an element in which atoms have the same number of protons but different numbers of neutrons.

Lepton: A type of elementary particle.

Photon: An elementary particle that carries electromagnetic force.

Quark: A type of elementary particle.

Spin: A fundamental property of all subatomic particles corresponding to their rotation on their axis.

The truly elementary particles were given the names quarks and leptons. Each group of particles, in turn, consists of six different types of particles. The six quarks, for example, were given the rather fanciful names of up, down, charm, strange, top (or truth), and bottom (or beauty). These six quarks could be combined, according to Gell-Mann and Zweig, to produce particles such as the proton (two up quarks and one down quark) and the neutron (one up quark and two down quarks).

In addition to quarks and leptons, scientists hypothesized the existence of certain particles that "carry" various kinds of forces. One of those particles was already well known, the photon. The photon is a strange type of particle with no mass that apparently is responsible for the transmission of electromagnetic energy from one place to another.

What a treasure chest of Wisdom our God has provided, on so many levels.

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 01:44:26 PM »

How might Job have known this?

Job 26:7  He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.

Peace,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 02:22:44 PM »

Job 9:8  Which alone spreadeth5186 out the heavens, and treadeth upon the waves of the sea.

H5186

nâṭâh
naw-taw'
A primitive root; to stretch or spread out; by implication to bend away (including moral deflection); used in a great variety of applications: -  + afternoon, apply, bow (down, -ing), carry aside, decline, deliver, extend, go down, be gone, incline, intend, lay, let down, offer, outstretched, overthrown, pervert, pitch, prolong, put away, shew, spread (out), stretch (forth, out), take (aside), turn (aside, away), wrest, cause to yield.

Psa 104:2  Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Isa 40:22  It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in:

Isa 51:13  And forgettest the LORD thy maker, that hath stretched forth the heavens, and laid the foundations of the earth; and hast feared continually every day because of the fury of the oppressor, as if he were ready to destroy? and where is the fury of the oppressor?

Ray had brought up the fact that things were written by the inspiration of the Spirit of Christ that science has only (relatively) recently confirmed, the following piece is from Gary Felder;

The Expanding Universe

In 1929 an astronomer named Edwin Hubble announced a remarkable observation that changed our view of the world more than almost any other single discovery made this century. In every direction he looked, every galaxy in the sky was moving away from us. The nearby ones were moving relatively slowly, but the farther away a galaxy was the faster it was heading out. What can account for our great unpopularity? Is our galaxy somehow different from all others?

It turns out that there is another, arguably simpler explanation that is well supported by many other observations. It is that the entire universe itself is expanding! As I will explain below, this expansion means not only that we should see every other galaxy moving away from us, but that observers in another galaxy should see exactly the same thing. In a uniform expanding universe, every observer sees herself at the center of the expansion, with everything else moving outwards from her.

http://www4.ncsu.edu/unity/lockers/users/f/felder/public/kenny/papers/cosmo.html

Peace,

Joe

Matt

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 10:01:03 PM »

Joe,
 This is remarkable information!  Science has always been a favorite subject of mine, but it has also been a stumbling block in the past.  I am so glad that God is revealing these things now!  I have always felt that God could be found in Science, but I have never had the confidence in scripture until I found BT. 
My faith meter has gone up another notch, thanks!!!  ;D

Matt

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 11:22:57 PM »

Joe,

A book, "The God Particle", written by Leon Lederman about 20 years ago, discussed all the research he had been involved in at Fermi Lab near Chicago, IL.  In that book Lederman, a man who loved a good story, attempted to explain in undergraduate terms how atomic particles are detected.  One method is to detect vibrations.  No vibrations, no detections.
Following that idea, as I recall the story, Lederman explained the God Particle as a point in space vibrating at high frequency.  The subsequent thought then is if the vibrations cease there is no detectable particle, so it's just gone.  That would seem to make the God Particle a vibrating point in space.  Interesting?  Factual? Who knows.

I think the particle was called the Higgs and attributed to it was the capacity to impute mass to other detectable particles within its field of influence

Like most good scientists, these physicist are good at measuring physical aspects of the created universe and at projecting physical effects deriving from that data, but that doesn't mean that they understand how the physical universe actually works.  An example is when they project the measurable speed of light photons within our solar system onto the entire balance of the universe assuming that nothing changes or has changed over time.

In similar manner, the religious scientists get very close to the truth of how God's plan for mankind works, but without direct spiritual revelation they are prone to error and theoretical speculation, and while I have no problem with speculation if it is labeled as such, so called experts try to impress us that they have found the final answer to all of our questions.

I am pleased that folks on the forum have the humility to recognize our limitations and patiently wait upon God to reveal His plan when He is ready. 

Isn't this forum fun?

Bob

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 03:22:07 PM »

An example is when they project the measurable speed of light photons within our solar system onto the entire balance of the universe assuming that nothing changes or has changed over time.

Hi Bob,

I can appreciate your skepticism of science and I share your reluctance to make it an idol of the heart, but the point Ray was making and by extension this thread is that science is catching up to what was written in the Bible thousands of years ago. Not that we need science to verify the Truth(s) contained in scripture.

You made the above point about conventional scientific wisdom being a static universe where nothing changes, but in fact that view has changed, it is now commonly accepted that the universe is yet expanding, that would be in fact quite a change, wouldn't it?

We depend on science and technology hundreds of times every day, electricity, and all the appliances attached to it, automobiles, telephones, computers, the Internet, I could go on and on. When we can use (especially) proven measurable elements of science to further prove the sacred scriptures where is the harm? I feel that this only deepens convictions and once again displays the fact that our God is in control of everything.

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.