bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Adam's Book  (Read 14657 times)

hillsbororiver

Re: Adam's Book
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 07:08:33 PM »

Hi Roy,

I can appreciate what you are saying, and with many people that very well could be true. From my own experience I can tell you that both sets of my Grandparents were from the "old country" and I remember how I was captivated by their descriptions of where they came from and what the world was like when they were my age (as a youth).

How much more incredible would be the first hand description of walking through the garden with the Creator and the experience of Eden? Who would want to lose a minute detail of it?

If you consider what God has inspired men to do through the ages and if in fact he desired the chronology of the human race to come from Adam's own hand then we can be sure that is what happened.

We know there was complacency even in the antediluvian world but Noah was not complacent nor was he cavalier, look at the project he undertook. What a massive undertaking!

Why is it a stretch or even incomprehensible to consider that Adam wrote of his lineage and that these writings were passed down through three people to reach the other side of the flood when what Noah did in building the ark and coordinating (through God of course) the animals being led on board. This and many other examples throughout the scriptures show how God uses man to further His purpose.

It was well within the Lord's power to instantaneously create an ark and put the animals in it, what is the point of even putting this task on Noah? Yes, God was just as capable of reciting the linage from Adam to Moses but is that how He does things? His Spirit is an absolute requirement to reveal spiritual revelations and truth but is His Spirit an absolute requirement recording earthly man's records?

I don't think Ray (or myself for that matter) are trying to set forth or promote some new unscriptural doctrine here, but when Ray first brought this up at the Conference I really did get a bit of a Eureka! moment when contemplating what an incredible gift to Moses and Israel such a handwritten record would be and of course how entirely possible it may have been.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 07:29:24 PM »

Hi ciy,

Actually I do not think you are off topic at all, I think we can fall victim to the conventional wisdom that man in himself as individuals is steadily improving and becoming smarter and more capable. I think that is some of the residue that remains from being indoctrinated by being exposed to the doctrine of evolution. We may have better machines now than they did in the past but could that be a fulfilment of the promise and prophecy written in Daniel?

Dan 12:4  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

If we believe the scriptures man could expect to live to be more than 500 hundred years before the flood, a tad superior to what we can now expect, even shortly after the flood man's life expectancy was way above what it is today.

The other thing we may want to consider is do you think mankind today could build the pyramids in Egypt or even Mexico and South America without heavy equipment? Especially considering the materials were transported many miles from the actual construction site(s).

How about so many of the ancient wonders that still remain to this day? How many of these modern monoliths will still be intact 2 or 3 thousand years from now, it is fascinating to contemplate.

His Peace to you,

Joe

rjsurfs

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 09:38:45 PM »

Hi Joe,

I am glad it is now the weekend and I have more time to get into studying Bible-Truths and participating more on the forum... This was a good topic you brought up... and I notice how in your original post everything was quoted directly from Ray... with the exception of two lines:

One of the many profound insights gained from the Conference last weekend was when Ray pointed out Genesis 5:1;
and
Some amazing stuff to be sure.

I agree with you... and others have brought up some good points as well.  I wasn't able to be in Mobile this time... but having listened now to the audio I can say that for me Ray gives a very compelling discourse on this subject.  As usual he is organized with his ideas and the way he expresses them through-out the entire weekend talk.  I encourage everyone to listen to this complete audio at: http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2641.0.html - scroll to bottom of page and you will see the 9 sessions available for listening.

When I say "compelling discourse", I don't mean to imply that this talk came off to me as just a scholarly presentation from a history professor... I believe Ray has been guided by the God's Spirit and I found all that he had to say pretty easy on the ears... not that I knew any of the information previously.  Most of the time when reading one of Ray's papers it is information that I had never thought of before... but once I hear it... it makes total sense to me... or begins to make total sense.

Having listened to the audios from the weekend now myself I share and understand your enthusiasm and amazement over the material covered.  Definitely some amazing stuff to be sure.

Bobby

ciy

« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 11:35:53 PM »

Joe

It is amazing to see all of the ancient wonders around the world that man today still cannot discern exactly how they did it.  It has been mentioned about the technology of the computer and how man cannot achieve this type of memory or storage.  I believe Adam and the early man who lived 100s of years could probably put a laptop computer to shame with what they could understand, recall, and explain.

One other thing, I really liked Ray's talk on the atom and how things are made out of things unseen.  This is something I have thought on for a couple of years and am amazed at what thinking on this leads.  I read where if an atom was the size of a pin head and you put it on the goal line of a football field the nearest electron would orbit outside of the other endzone.  This realization that everything you see is more empty space than solid is great to dwell on.

You and I talked some about this on the Off Discussion about the string theory and such.  All of this screams out God to me.  To realize the wonder of it all and His awesome creation that we still do not know very much about.

Ray does not need to wait til next year on this.  He needs to feed a little at a time at the least.
CIY

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 10:33:13 AM »

Well I am only getting to listening to the Audios now because lightening hit out our electricity lines and damaged the computer. Now spiritual lightening is hitting my brain waves and damaging carnal thinking ;D

What a magnificent example of how to THINK and how to STUDY and how to evaluate and perceive the Truths of God's Word Ray demonstrates for us through this latest study he shares!

There is so much light in this teaching we have to throw out the old to welcome the new!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 10:35:06 AM by Arcturus »

musicman

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »

Hi musicman,

Do the scriptures say that any of these people Ray mentioned, as being alive at the same time? 

I thinks Ray used a timeline that does indicate that there was people's lives that overlapped.  So this would make it possible for this "book" to only have to change hands a few times.
In a Bible study a few months back Ray gave a short timeline of important Biblical dates.  I will try to reproduce that here.

DATES TO REMEMBER

Things make a lot more sense if we can put them into some sort of a frame of reference. 
Mobile - south USA - North America - earth - solar system - Milky Way Galaxy.............

We will start with Adam and Eve and move forward:

Adam and Eve ----------------------------------4000-BC
Cain murders Abel -------------------------------3900-              wheel is
Methuselah is born-------------------------------3250-              invented
Adam dies age 930 ------------------------------3000+               3700
Noah is born ------------------------------------2885
Noah's flood [Methuselah dies at 969] ------------2285
Babel, languages confused -----------------------2150+           copper & gold
Abraham born -----------------------------------1995                 mined
Noah dies age 950 [500 pre&post flood]-----------1935
Sodom & cities burned ---------------------------1900-
Isaac [Abraham's (100 yrs old) first son] is born ---1895
Jacob & Esau born -------------------------------1835
Jacob & Leah have 6 sons in 7 yrs -
[first children of Israel] ---------------------------1777
Joseph viceroy of Egypt [famine ends] -------------1700
Israel prospers in Egypt for 150 yrs ----------------1600           King 'Tut' reigns
Israel slaves of Egypt for 175 yrs ------------------1450            9 yrs - 1350
Moses leads exodus [Ten Commandments]----------1275     
Israel invades Canaan and
walls of Jericho fall --------------------------------1234          Pyramid building
Philistines in Canaan -------------------------------1190              in Mexico
Samson is born ------------------------------------1090
Samuel leads Israel for 40 yrs ----------------------1050-
David born at Bethlehem ---------------------------1034
Saul first king of Israel -----------------------------1025
David king of Israel - rules for 40 yrs. ---------------1000+
David dies at age 69 and
Solomon rules 40 yrs - begins building temple ---------965            Greek writer
Solomon turns all Israel to idolatry -------------------935            Homer - 800
Elijah & Baal priests ---------------------------------860+
Jonah - Assyria's enemy -----------------------------777         Hanging Gardens
Israel falls to Assyria --------------------------------700            of Babylon,
Babylon takes Judah - Temple burned -                                     Buddha in China
Ezekiel, Daniel, Jeremiah -----------------------------600-        Confucius - 550
Zechariah calls for new Temple -----------------------520
Worship restored by Malachi, Ezra & Nehemiah --------450           Plato in Athens
Books of OT are now called Scripture -----------------350            Socrates 400
Temple built in Samaria and 
Alexander conquers Palestine peacefully --------------333
Egypt rules Palestine 100 yrs., many Jews in Egypt ----300
Septuagint: the law from Hebrew to Greek ------------250
Antiochus III of Syria conquers Palestine --------------200
Antiochus IV defukes Temple - burns the Law and
dedicates it to Zeus ---------------------------------167
Antiochus V rescinds decree against Jewish Law and
Temple is rededicated = Hanukkah --------------------164
Rome rules Judea -------------------------------------64
Herod the Great is made king of the Jews and
rebuilds the Temple -----------------------------------37          world population
Jesus is born -----------------------------------------4-3             250 million
Resurrection -----------------------------------------30AD
Titus demolishes Jersalem & Judea ---------------------70

Hope this helps  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

I don't see the part where early humans migrated to such lands as the Americas and Australia.  Had to have happened after the confusion of languages at Babel.  Scientific evidence shows that this migration must have happened way more than 4000 years ago.  I'm not talking about man like creatures here.  I'm talking about the real thing. 

By the way, they just found what scientists believe to be a 4000 year old temple in Peru. 

Perhaps, there are some very wide gaps in the early geneologies. 
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 12:18:51 AM by musicman »

joyful1

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2007, 01:33:26 PM »

Just trying to keep it light here...hehehehe.... ;D

1-- God only had to TELL Noah how to build that magnificient ark
2-- but God had to WRITE down the 10 Commandments for Moses

Noah's SAT scores were definitely higher!
joyce  ;D

gmik

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2007, 01:36:48 PM »

What I don't get is there were cities already going on whilst Adam & Eve still in the Garden.  Were they not talking and keeping records etc etc.

When Cain went to the city, did they all already know him, or did he start telling people about his mom and dad????

Who were these people???  Don't tell me they were all kids of Adam & Eve.  Were they??

good one joyce! :D

musicman

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 01:47:41 PM »

Some of them had to be grand kids, great grand kids, etc.  Betcha Cain had some kids mixed in there to. 

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 03:21:43 PM »

The life span in the days of Adam, was much longer than ours of today. Imagine living for a thousand years or more and only having two children ;D

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2007, 04:18:06 PM »

The life span in the days of Adam, was much longer than ours of today. Imagine living for a thousand years or more and only having two children ;D

Imagine having teenagers for 200 years

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 23 queries.