bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fundamentalist Preachers  (Read 5318 times)

bwstaircase89

Fundamentalist Preachers
« on: November 07, 2007, 06:34:12 PM »

Hello Everyone,

This is an odd question, but I have been thinking about it for some time. I think that it will be a good discussion and stir up some thoughts.

Concerning Preachers that believe God will torture most of humanity in fire forever:

How do they honestly believe that? How can the get up every Sunday and preach that?
Why don't they just realize: "this is wrong." Why are there so many that believe this doctrine
and preach it?

I just can't believe how blind they are!

Patrick

Chris R

Re: Fundamentalist Preachers
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 06:43:16 PM »

Hi Patrick,

Because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: [2Th 2:10-11]

Thats how they where taught, and thats how they teach. It is part of Gods purpose that these beleive a lie,  But all will come to the knowedge of the truth.

Chris R

bwstaircase89

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:55:05 PM »

It is just amazing though. These people dedicate their entire lives to spreading what
they think is the Gospel. They go to places that you couldn't pay most people to go.
And in the end their whole life is a deception? I understand that there is a greater
purpose to it all, but it is kind of sad.

Patrick

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 07:05:13 PM »

It is just amazing though. These people dedicate their entire lives to spreading what
they think is the Gospel. They go to places that you couldn't pay most people to go.
And in the end their whole life is a deception? I understand that there is a greater
purpose to it all, but it is kind of sad.

Patrick

Hello patrick,

I just wanted to chime in by saying, that if it wasn't for babylon and all her lies, we would not be here today knowing what we know. It is out of God's people, that God calls His people. It is His purpose that they be blind, as well as the world. Weren't we all at one time or another not believing in this same thing? Perhaps the focuse is better left not on there blindness, but our own.

God bless,

Alex

bwstaircase89

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 07:12:28 PM »

Yes, I used to force myself to believe those doctrines. But, I had a feeling deep down
that it couldn't be right.

Pat

sonofone

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 08:55:55 PM »

Hey Pat,I think you do well to wonder as you are. I would only hope that such wondering would cause you to be humbled and delight in the potter that has chosen to make you into a vessel of honor.

Just as the clay can not say to the potter why have you made me thus.It is not for the clay to say to the clay why has God made you as such.

Be thankful that you are whose you are.

God Bless,Steve

bwstaircase89

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2007, 09:59:28 PM »

It is hard for me to accept who I am sometimes. I have done things
in the past that I am ashamed of. I even find myself wondering if
God loves everyone unconditionally. But I have to remind myself that
Jesus told us to (Agape) love our enemies, and if God loves his enemies
then He surely loves those who love Him!

Pat

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 01:12:44 AM »

It is hard for me to accept who I am sometimes. I have done things
in the past that I am ashamed of. I even find myself wondering if
God loves everyone unconditionally. But I have to remind myself that
Jesus told us to (Agape) love our enemies, and if God loves his enemies
then He surely loves those who love Him!

Pat

Amen pat.

I believe that when Jesus Christ finaly shows us our nakedness, and shame, that we are truly begining to learn from Him. It's the beginning of A NEW LIFE, a NEW CREATURE in Christ. We are being made new, being made into His image.

There are many people who do not feel shame or remorse for what they do because they say 'God loves me as i am, and this is just who i am, i can't change myself so i should just accept what i have done and move on.'

True God does love us but He loves us because He sees who we are THROUGH CHRIST, WHO WE WILL BE. He doesn't LOVE the SINFUL CARNAL MIND we have in us, HE WANTS TO CHANGE THAT! However these people believe that. True we can't change who we are but GOD CAN, and WILL. These people come to a point where they don't even see that!

I don't look down on these people, because I STILL DO THIS, i am NO BETTER then them, but i sure am thankful in the mighty power that is watching over me, and that has promised to keep me and change me into the image of His Son. I am truly humbled, for i deserve Him not one bit.

With love to you,

Alex

jER

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 02:09:43 AM »

AMEN ALEX!

- JER
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.