bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Israel?  (Read 5537 times)

nightmare sasuke

Israel?
« on: March 18, 2006, 01:12:00 AM »

Rom 11:26 And thus all Israel shall be saved, according as it is written, Arriving out of Zion shall be the Rescuer. He will be turning away irreverence from Jacob."

Is this talking about spiritual Israel--the elect; or literal Israel? I was using this as an example to my eternal torment-believing aunt. I would say, "See! All Israel will be saved, the ones who sin, and the ones who do not." But not I'm starting to wonder if it refers to the elect and not literal Israel. How can we draw a line between what is literal and what is spiritual, is anything in the Bible literal, or is it all spiritual?

rvhill

Israel?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 04:03:51 AM »

25For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, of this mystery, that ye may not be wise in your own conceits, that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the nations be come in;

26and so all Israel shall be saved. According as it is written, The deliverer shall come out of Zion; he shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob.

27And this is the covenant from me to them, when I shall have taken away their sins.

28As regards the glad tidings, [they are] enemies on your account; but as regards election, beloved on account of the fathers.

29For the gifts and the calling of God [are] not subject to repentance.

30For as indeed *ye* [also] once have not believed in God, but now have been objects of mercy through the unbelief of *these*;

I would say it is talking about nation of Israel so it is prophecy. Isaac Newton said that Revelation would not be fulfilled until after 2060. so I would say we still have time before we have to start worrying about it.

Chris R

hi
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 08:50:05 AM »

Hello,

If you study the "lake of fire" series, you will see that the Revelations or "the revealing" of Jesus Christ Is, Was, and Will be revealed in each mans life.

Peace

Chris R

eutychus

Re: hi
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 01:11:48 PM »

Quote from: Chris R
Hello,

If you study the "lake of fire" series, you will see that the Revelations or "the revealing" of Jesus Christ Is, Was, and Will be revealed in each mans life.

Peace

Chris R

greetings Chris,
i agree, but  could it be twofold?
one for the spiritual, and one for those physical??
know what i mean???

eutychus

rvhill

Re: hi
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2006, 03:19:56 PM »

Quote from: eutychus
Quote from: Chris R
Hello,

Peace

Chris R

greetings Chris,
i agree, but  could it be twofold?
one for the spiritual, and one for those physical??
know what i mean???

eutychus

I would say it is twofold. There is prophecy in Revelation. Does it mean what most Christian think it mean no, but that does not mean there is no prophecy in Revelation.

eutychus

Israel?
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2006, 04:16:22 PM »

i beleive it is twofold, but thats just lil old me :oops:
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 20 queries.