bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Daniel 12:4  (Read 6852 times)

hillsbororiver

Daniel 12:4
« on: November 10, 2007, 07:53:42 PM »

Dan 12:4  But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

It seems that the "first the physical, then then the spiritual" application holds true in almost any lesson learned and even to certain points in our history. When Johannes Gutenberg unleashed the printing press the very first major project he worked on was printing the Bible. Up to that point Bibles were only in the hands of the clergy, royalty or the extremely wealthy, his invention brought the Bible and other books to those who up to then could not even dream of having their own Bible or really any written word. This one single invention may have been the major catalyst in spurring on the spread of His Word as well as the Renaissance which (in tandem) brought most of the world out of the Dark Ages.

I was thinking about the type/shadow/example this is in regard to the latest avenue to the "knowledge shall be increased" prophecy, the Internet. I am not saying that the Internet is a spiritual thing in and of itself but it is an acceleration in the spread of knowledge, information and communication just like its predecessor the printing press.

In light of the subject Ray presented at the Conference and the accessability of BibleTruths.com to anyone in the world with access to the Internet I thought this might be an interesting topic.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Beloved

Re: Daniel 12:4
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 09:44:51 PM »

Amen Joe.

Gutenberg may have started it but Google and others are in the process of putting All printed material into digital...think about it some day every book ever written will be available to anyone through out the world through the internet   ;D  ...some day touching a book will seem odd.

I even hear where someone was recording his entire life and saving it on a computer......I do not have time to live my own never mind watch someone elses. There will be thousand of channels on TV some day. If you don'y like your life watch some one elses.

Many of people in the wolrd are already on information overload.  ::)

I however am content with the simplicity and peace I have in Jesus Christ.

This Gospel is not complex...once your eyes and ears are open...although it is mind boggling. God's Mercy and Faithfulness and Love etc are beyound our compehension.

The problem with all of this worldly information is that they will be starving and thirsty for the Truth and they will be looking in all the wrong places.

Beloved
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 10:00:29 PM by Beloved »

musicman

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2007, 02:10:07 AM »

Be carefull folks.  Let's not forget that the word computer = 666.

What does Kissinger think?

jER

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2007, 04:52:38 AM »

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased (Daniel 12:4).

A portion of the book of Daniel was not to be understood and was concealed at that particular time of the vision, as it was pertaining to a future event, "the time of the end of the age(s)." Many are now searching, back and forth, through the scriptures; comparing spiritual with spiritual. We are now being given an increase in understanding of the mystery that has been hidden. Some believe this prophesy of "increased knowledge" applies to that of medicine, air travel, computer technology and science. Perhaps so, although, it appears that the primary application in understanding the prophecies of Daniel is in reference to the time of rest and coming of the LORD.

So he came near to where I was standing, and when he came I was frightened and fell on my face; but he said to me, "Son of man, understand that the vision pertains to the time of the end" (Daniel 8:17).

"The vision of the evenings and mornings which has been told is true; but keep the vision secret, for it pertains to many days in the future" (Daniel 8:26).

"Those who understand among the people will give understanding to the many; yet, they will fall by sword and by flame, by captivity and by plunder for many days" (Daniel 11:33).

"But as for you, go your way to the end; then, you will enter into rest and rise again for your allotted portion at the end of the age." (Daniel 12:13)

Bind up the testimony; seal the law among my disciples. (Isaiah 8:16)

They will not hurt or destroy in all My Holy Mountain, for the earth will be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea. (Isaiah 11:9)

On that day the deaf will hear words of a book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind will see (Isaiah 29:18).

The afflicted also will increase their gladness in the LORD, and the needy of mankind will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel (Isaiah 29:19).

And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near" (Revelation 22:10).

Behold, "I come quickly"

Come Lord Jesus, come…

JER

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 04:58:18 AM »

Joe

I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for keeping the Forum discussions fresh and alive because you consistently bring in topics of discussion surrounding the truths and teachings we are getting via Ray. This certainly creates the opportunity to think about and integrate into our own personal thoughts the lessons, insights and advantages of learning that is available through this Forum.Thank You.

My thoughts on what you open up for discussion ...

Edison and the light bulb. Telephone communications. ATM's EFTPOS (Effective funds transfers at point of sale) Cell Phones, Satelite.....all in the space of 50 years! The cashless society is around the corner I believe as the green blip on the computer screens takes over from the need for literal cash supplanted by credit cards and computer chips.....all in the Plan of God.! If it has happened God knew about it before it happened! HE is SPIRIT.

All our "inventions" and discoveries are the extension of the invisible intelligence of our Creator. He thought of it first. He designed it first and then we discovered it yet still many have NO IDEA of who is God, what is God and why is God invisible. As we "advance" in our so called "civilization" we decline in morality and reach into deeper levels of sickness mentally physically and spiritually. We appear to be entering into deeper dark ages of the soul from where we will emerge from the dark ages of the flesh once the flesh dies and we are "born again"...or BORN period so entering into the Kingdom of God through trials and tribulations. What faith will He find when He returns? Very little as we are reminded through Ray's teachings.

Remember the pendulum thread Joe? Somewhere we talked about this about a year ago?

We need to touch God but He is intangible. We need to see God but He is invisible. We need to know God and here is the blessing....He is knowable. In the quantum leap from literal to spiritual, from carnal to invisible we will one day SEE Him face to face when that drop in the ocean breaks its skin of selfhood and becomes one with the Ocean that is God. We can not even imagine it but Paul knew of this. He spoke of the birth pangs that will come suddenly.

Like Ray said in the conference, it will be like being born and once born only then will we be on the outside of the spiritual womb and then begins the journey to growing up!

Pretty outstanding comprehension! Understanding will be our new eyes of spirit I believe. 8)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

LittleBear

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2007, 10:24:10 AM »

Hi jER,

Thanks for putting all those scriptures together. I find it so interesting even though I don't know what it all means. I wonder if the "time of the end" can also be referring to the end time in our own lives and spiritual walk with God in this age. You know, how He takes us from one experience to another, and how we battle the flesh and the world and the devil. As He teaches us and leads us, our spiritual eyes and ears are more and more open to see the glorious aspects of Himself, and so knowledge of Him increases in us.

And then finally, what we are all waiting for:
On that day the deaf will hear words of a book, and out of their gloom and darkness the eyes of the blind will see (Isaiah 29:18).

Ursula

Kat

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2007, 11:17:21 AM »

Hi Joe,

The internet is an amazing thing.  From it's beginning no one could have imagined how quickly it would become a significant part of our lives.

Here's timeline of it's development.

~In 1938 electric equipment is made at Hewlett-Packard Company
~In 1940 the first color broadcast is on TV
~In 1940 through Bell Laboratories remote processing experiments start
  creating the first terminal
~In 1944  built in England, was the Colossus Mark II
~In 1947 ACM or The Association for Computing Machinery is created
~In 1948 the 604 electronic calculator was introduced by IBM
~In 1951 the first combined computer conference was held
~In 1953 for the Univac, developed by Remington-Rand, the first high speed
  printer was developed
~In 1958 in Japan NEC: the NEC-1101 and – 1102 developed the first
  electronic computer
~In 1960 for the first time ever removable disks appear
~In 1965 the first PDP-8 mini computer is shipped from Digital Equipment
~In 1969 the PDP-11/20, a 16-bit mini-computer, was shipped by DEC
~In 1972 an 8 bit microprocessor is introduced by Intel
~In 1976 Perkin-Elmer and Gould SEL introduce super mini computers
~In 1977 the Apple II personal computer is introduced upon the founding
  of the Apple Computer
~In 1980 in the U.S. the total number of computers surpasses one million
~In 1983 in the U.S. the total number of computers surpasses ten million
~In 1986 in the U.S. the total number of computers surpasses 30 million
~In 1992 for Workgroup, for windows, is introduced by Microsoft

That one man, is able to use the internet to broadcast the message of the Truth to the whole world, is a amazing feat if you think about it.  He can reach someone with this message, in some far flung part of the world.
What I find to be so valuable is that the internet provides, a means for all of God's people coming out of this world, to have a place to meet together in fellowship.  For all of us to be sprinkled around the whole world, yet have daily contact, is a wonderful blessing.  Imagine trying to explain this to the Apostles someday  ;)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2007, 01:11:20 PM »

Gutenberg may have started it but Google and others are in the process of putting All printed material into digital...think about it some day every book ever written will be available to anyone through out the world through the internet   ;D  ...some day touching a book will seem odd.

So true Beloved,

We are observing, experiencing and living the "knowledge shall increase," in our natural and spiritual life.

But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased (Daniel 12:4).

A portion of the book of Daniel was not to be understood and was concealed at that particular time of the vision, as it was pertaining to a future event, "the time of the end of the age(s)." Many are now searching, back and forth, through the scriptures; comparing spiritual with spiritual. We are now being given an increase in understanding of the mystery that has been hidden. Some believe this prophesy of "increased knowledge" applies to that of medicine, air travel, computer technology and science. Perhaps so, although, it appears that the primary application in understanding the prophecies of Daniel is in reference to the time of rest and coming of the LORD.

Hi jER,

It is both, first the physical application then the spiritual.

This miracle we call our bible has benefits for all, even unbelievers who have never read it!

Here are a couple examples and there are scores even hundreds more that I am sure many in the Forum could add to these;

Lev 15:13  And when he that hath an issue is cleansed of his issue; then he shall number to himself seven days for his cleansing, and wash his clothes, and bathe his flesh in running water, and shall be clean.

Medical science didn't discover that until Pasteur and Koch in the late 1800s. Doctors were washing their hands in a bowl of (still) water and spreading germs like wild fire. It wasn't until the invention of the microscope and the science of bacteriology that doctors started washing under RUNNING WATER. Leviticus was written around 1490 B.C.

Lev 17:11  For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul.

See the physical earthly truth as well as a Spiritual Truth?

It is the blood that carries on all the life processes of the body.

It is the blood that causes growth, builds new cells, grows bone and flesh, stores fat, makes hair and nails.

It is the blood that feeds and supports all the organs of the body. If the blood supply be cut off from an arm, that arm will immediately begin to die and rot.

It is the blood that repairs the body. It is the blood that clots wounds, that grows new flesh, new skin and even new nerves.

It is the blood that fights disease. When they give you a vaccine against a disease, they give you a shot into your blood stream.

"The life of the flesh is in the blood" it seems rather basic now but this was not scientifically accepted until a Dr. Lister discovered (early 1900's) that the blood provides the bodies immune system. 

Also consider how the laws of virtually every nation are based on the 10 Commandments, just imagine the anarchy, robberies, murders and mayhem there would be if laws were based on the evolutionary doctrine of "survival of the fittest."

I just want to take this opportunity to thank you for keeping the Forum discussions fresh and alive because you consistently bring in topics of discussion surrounding the truths and teachings we are getting via Ray. This certainly creates the opportunity to think about and integrate into our own personal thoughts the lessons, insights and advantages of learning that is available through this Forum.Thank You.

Thank you Arcturus, when I return from a Conference I am so recharged that I want to replicate this feeling to others here in the Forum, it is exciting to have this incredible fellowship included with the always relevant and revealing presentations Ray puts together. This all spills over to the private time in study when the Words seem to jump off the page.

All our "inventions" and discoveries are the extension of the invisible intelligence of our Creator. He thought of it first. He designed it first and then we discovered it yet still many have NO IDEA of who is God, what is God and why is God invisible. As we "advance" in our so called "civilization" we decline in morality and reach into deeper levels of sickness mentally physically and spiritually. We appear to be entering into deeper dark ages of the soul from where we will emerge from the dark ages of the flesh once the flesh dies and we are "born again"...or BORN period so entering into the Kingdom of God through trials and tribulations. What faith will He find when He returns? Very little as we are reminded through Ray's teachings.

Remember the pendulum thread Joe? Somewhere we talked about this about a year ago?  ;D Yes, I do! http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,506.0.html

All this moral depravity that now passes for "enlightened" and "progressive" thinking, the world is so blinded. It is truly amazing once we have been blessed by the Lord and had our blindness healed by Him.

Hi Joe,

The internet is an amazing thing.  From it's beginning no one could have imagined how quickly it would become a significant part of our lives.

Here's timeline of it's development.

~In 1938 electric equipment is made at Hewlett-Packard Company
~In 1940 the first color broadcast is on TV
~In 1940 through Bell Laboratories remote processing experiments start
  creating the first terminal
~In 1944  built in England, was the Colossus Mark II
~In 1947 ACM or The Association for Computing Machinery is created
~In 1948 the 604 electronic calculator was introduced by IBM
~In 1951 the first combined computer conference was held
~In 1953 for the Univac, developed by Remington-Rand, the first high speed
  printer was developed
~In 1958 in Japan NEC: the NEC-1101 and – 1102 developed the first
  electronic computer
~In 1960 for the first time ever removable disks appear
~In 1965 the first PDP-8 mini computer is shipped from Digital Equipment
~In 1969 the PDP-11/20, a 16-bit mini-computer, was shipped by DEC
~In 1972 an 8 bit microprocessor is introduced by Intel
~In 1976 Perkin-Elmer and Gould SEL introduce super mini computers
~In 1977 the Apple II personal computer is introduced upon the founding
  of the Apple Computer
~In 1980 in the U.S. the total number of computers surpasses one million
~In 1983 in the U.S. the total number of computers surpasses ten million
~In 1986 in the U.S. the total number of computers surpasses 30 million
~In 1992 for Workgroup, for windows, is introduced by Microsoft

That one man, is able to use the internet to broadcast the message of the Truth to the whole world, is a amazing feat if you think about it.  He can reach someone with this message, in some far flung part of the world.
What I find to be so valuable is that the internet provides, a means for all of God's people coming out of this world, to have a place to meet together in fellowship.  For all of us to be sprinkled around the whole world, yet have daily contact, is a wonderful blessing.  Imagine trying to explain this to the Apostles someday  ;)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Outstanding compilation Kat! I read the other day that 80% of adults have some sort of Internet access, incredible.

Thank you for posting this and I also thank everyone else who responded.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe
« Last Edit: November 11, 2007, 01:58:44 PM by hillsbororiver »

DuluthGA

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »

Appreciate your post Ursula!  Thanks!

:)

Grateful

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 06:44:48 PM »

So he came near to where I was standing, and when he came I was frightened and fell on my face; but he said to me, "Son of man, understand that the vision pertains to the time of the end" (Daniel 8:17).

The afflicted also will increase their GLADNESS in the LORD, and the needy of mankind will rejoice in the Holy One of Israel (Isaiah 29:19).

And he said to me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, for the time is near" (Revelation 22:10).

Behold, "I come quickly"

Come Lord Jesus, come…

JER

Yea, O COME, Lord Jesus, PLEASE COME !!

JER, this is a GOOD posting of yours, and I concur wholeheartedly.

Linda

Grateful

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 06:59:25 PM »

Hi All !

Like you, I rely on my computer to keep in touch with like-minded and like-hearted souls who love Ray Smith's website Truths, and him for all his labors of love for us all.   Where would we be without the computer to disseminate life-giving and Joy-giving spiritual information amongst ourselves???   My own Joy has increased enormously in the past 2 years, since I discovered Ray's website in Oct. '05.   Thanks to personal Bible study and Ray's enlightening papers, I simply feel like DANCING, inwardly (I cannot, physically....having screws in both feet and 2 sets of rods in my back...and use a cane to walk when I leave the house, as per doctors orders).  God is a JOYFUL Being, and He touches us every now and then with that Joy of His, which in turn causes our spirits to Dance with His Fire burning in us......  (Spiritual Life is exciting!!   :D :D )

Holy....Holy....Holy !!

Linda
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.