bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bad religion  (Read 5398 times)

lilitalienboi16

Bad religion
« on: November 11, 2007, 06:52:52 PM »

Bad Religion - Sorrow

Father can you hear me?
How have I let you down?
I curse the day that I was born...
And all the sorrow in this world...

Let me take you to the hurting ground
Where all good men are trampled down
Just to settle a bet that could not be won
Between a prideful father and his son
Will you guide me now, for I can't see
A reason for the suffering and this long misery
What if every living soul could be upright and strong
Well, then I do imagine...

There will be Sorrow
Yeah there will be Sorrow
And there will be Sorrow, no more

When all soldiers lay their weapons down
Or when all kings and all queens relinquish their crowns
Or when the only true Messiah rescues us from ourselves
It's easy to imagine...

There will be Sorrow

There will be Sorrow

There will be Sorrow

This song is awsome and i thought i'd share it with you all. The lyrics are pretty awsome, and although i don't think these guys are religious in the religiouse sence, neither am i! I like to consider myself spiritual, Lord willing, and i think there are some spiritual words here =]

God bless!

Alex

GODSown1

Re: Bad religion
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 05:36:51 AM »

Amen!!! brother!,
                               ;D muchLOVE!! Pera

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 12:14:01 AM »

Amen!!! brother!,
                               ;D muchLOVE!! Pera

Haha, amen indeed brother! Hope all is well with you =]

Love,

Alex

brandon h

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 10:46:18 PM »

Well, I don't know much about Bad Religion, but that song has more truth in it about God than I've heard from most preachers!!

God Bless Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 03:02:19 PM »

Well, I don't know much about Bad Religion, but that song has more truth in it about God than I've heard from most preachers!!

God Bless Alex

Haha, well i'm glad you enjoy the lyrics brandon, if you havn't heard it yet, i would recommend downloading it, its a great song =]

Patrick

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 06:40:16 PM »

From Wikipedia;
Despite the name of the band, the members do not consider themselves antitheist. Singer Greg Graffin states that more often than not, the band prefers to use religion as a metaphor for anything that doesn't allow for an individual's freedom to think or express themselves as they choose. In this way, their songs are more about anti-conformity than anti-religion. However, Greg Graffin himself is an atheist, and co-author of the book 'Is Belief in God Good, Bad or Irrelevant?'

Faith in your partner, your fellow men, your friends, is very important, because without it there's no mutual component to your relationship, and relationships are important. So faith plays an important role, but faith in people you don't know, faith in religious or political leaders or even people on stages, people who are popular in the public eye, you shouldn't have faith in those people. You should listen to what they have to say and use it.

Greg Graffin

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 02:49:37 AM »

From Wikipedia;
Despite the name of the band, the members do not consider themselves antitheist. Singer Greg Graffin states that more often than not, the band prefers to use religion as a metaphor for anything that doesn't allow for an individual's freedom to think or express themselves as they choose. In this way, their songs are more about anti-conformity than anti-religion. However, Greg Graffin himself is an atheist, and co-author of the book 'Is Belief in God Good, Bad or Irrelevant?'

Faith in your partner, your fellow men, your friends, is very important, because without it there's no mutual component to your relationship, and relationships are important. So faith plays an important role, but faith in people you don't know, faith in religious or political leaders or even people on stages, people who are popular in the public eye, you shouldn't have faith in those people. You should listen to what they have to say and use it.

Greg Graffin

Hello patrick, thank you for that little bit of information, it was definately interesting =]
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 22 queries.