bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Legalistic  (Read 5364 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Legalistic
« on: November 11, 2007, 08:28:29 PM »

Subject:  Reading what you wrote on Homosexuality...

Dear Jason:  I will make a few COMMENTS in your email.............

Dear Ray,

I was a bit surprised to read what you wrote on Homosexuality. I found it pretty legalistic in light of the Blood shed on the Cross.

COMMENT:  Oh really?  "Legalistic" you say?  You don't like that word?  You don't like things to be "legalistic--to be LEGAL?"  You rather prefer things to be "ILLEGAL," do you?  Should you ever have the misfortune to be involved in a contract that takes advantage of you and your rights, for sure you do not want a lawyer to come to your defense and ge all "legalistic" in behalf of your "legal" rights, now do you?  Is "legalistic" a dirty word to you?  Should we ban it from our vocabulary and dictionaries?  As New Testament Believers, we are to OBEY the laws and commandments of God Almighty:  Acts 24:14; Rom. 2:13; Roml. 7:22-25;  Rom 8:7--: Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God [the carnal mind is not subject to the law of God, but the converted mind is], neither indeed can be."  Rom 13:10--" Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW."  I guess you wouldn't want to get all "legalistic" and get found "fulfilling the law" by loving your neighbors  1Ti 1:8--" But we know that the law is good, if a man use it LAWFULLY [Gk: 'legitimately, LEGALLY]."

Rom 2:12--"For as many as have sinned without law shall also perish without law: and as many as have sinned in the law shall be judged by the law."  If you don't fit into either of these two categories, are you maybe aware of a third category that Paul and the Holy Spirit knew nothing about?

Remember how the blood of a goat releaved sin for a year. Jesus does it for much longer than that I would assume. His presents us blameless thru his work on the cross. It said he took the Sin of the world. Notice that it didn't say the Sins but Sin.

COMMENT:  Oh really?  So there is no "repentance" involved?  What did God have to say about those who would sin "presumptuously" after knowing what the "legalistic" LAW had to say on a matter? Deu 17:12--"And the man that will do PRESUMPTUOUSLY, and will not hearken unto the priest that standeth to minister there before the LORD thy God [ministering a sin offering on your behalf] , or unto the judge, even that man shall die: and thou shalt put away the evil from Israel. "  Such a person was assuredly NOT "releaved from sin for a year."  And neither is anyone under the New Covenant releaved for a year or longer, who sins presumptuously--willingly, willfully:  Heb 10:27-29-- "But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. &a mp;n bsp;He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?"

Do you think that sounds like one can thumb his nose at God's laws and yet receive Christ's salvation without going through very severe judgment?

I find it sad that in America laws have to be made to protect people from others(usually so called Christians) from harming them. When Jesus preached the law he was yet alive. When someone knew or figured out who he was he began to get skeptical of them or push them away for if all were not lost but able to achieve perfection thru the law then Jesus died for nothing. If the word was made flesh,the law was nailed to the cross.

COMMENT:  Oh really?  "The LAW was nailed to the cross," was it?  And do you have chapter and verse on that bit of unscriptural nonsense  Col 2:14 "Blotting out THE HANDWRITING OF ORDINANCES that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross."  God never nailed His "LAW" to the cross.  The Covenant Law which IS THE TEN COMMANDMENTS was not a "handwriting of ordinances," but was rather chiseled IN STONE, and was placed IN the ark of the Covenant, not on the OUTSIDE of the ark as were the ordinances.  You have not a clue as to what you are talking about.

The law was nailed to the cross and part of works is believing. The law was not of faith. That tells me it (the law)even moves the people away from God creating unbelief. The law stirs up the passions of the flesh ! Remember that one ?

COMMENT:  Oh really?  The law "stirs up the passions of the flesh" to sin, does it?  If you are going to allude to Scripture, do it properly:  Rom 7:7--" What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.  But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead.  For I was alive without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and I died.  And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.  For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me, and by it slew me. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy, and just, and good. "

So is it "THE LAW" that stirs up the passions of our flesh" to sin?  Is that what Paul said? Is that what the Scriptures teach?  No.  Is therefore the law sin?  NO.  Well, what was it then that "stirred up the passions of Paul's flesh" when he had not repented of breaking God's law?  Let's read it:  "But S-I-N [not the law], taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner of concupiscence."  SIN did that, not the law. The law merely pointed out just how bad Paul lusted without the Spirit of God in him (Rom. 8:9).

There is alot that you say that I agree with but this one...I don't know what else to say except you sound like one of those people who want to make sure that the ministry of death is posted everywhere for people to remember everyday condemnation under the law !

COMMENT:  "Ministry of death?"  I don't reckon you have a clue as to what the Scriptures mean when they say, "I DIE DAILY" (I Cor. 15:31), do you?

Those who wrote you so much got you to write a very legalistic page i say because you protected yourself at the end of it and they will look at that as abandonment and if you think about it ? You know God hardens who he wishes and softens who he wishes or you wouldn't have mentioned at the end of the page that God would have to change them. I tell you if they praise God or take drugs or have male and male sex or whatever, remember their penalty was paid by our savior for some of us(NO) ALL of us !

COMMENT:  Are you so foolish to think that anyone will every be saved without first being JUDGED?
    Judgment is NOW upon the House of God (I Pet. 4:17).  EVERY MAN'S WORK SHALL BE JUDGED, either now (I Cor. 3:13-15) or later (Rev. 20:13-15).  Neither now (I Cor. 11:31) or later (I Cor. 11:32).
    All unrepented of homosexual acts will be severely judged, and they will be judged by THAT MAN, Whom you think you can flaunt your sins at and not suffer the consequences:  Heb 10:26-7--" For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries."

Love ya bro,Jason
    P.S. You would do good to preach the good news and watch the legalism that was carried out on our savior 2000 yrs. ago !

COMMENT:  Act 17:31 "Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by THAT MAN Whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead." There's a lot of"LEGALISM" going on in those words "JUDGE," Jason!
    May God be merciful to you, Jason,
    Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 22 queries.