bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Spender  (Read 3780 times)

hillsbororiver

Big Spender
« on: November 12, 2007, 11:30:35 AM »

Several men were in a golf club locker room.

A mobile phone rings.

"Yes I can talk," says the man answering the call, "You're shopping are you? That's nice."

The listening men smile to each other.

"You want to order those new carpets? Okay.. And they'll include the curtains for an extra five thousand?.. Sure, why not?"

More smiles among the listeners.

"You want to book that week on Necker Island?.. They're holding the price at twenty-two thousand?.. Sounds a bargain.. You want a fortnight?.. If that's what you want honey, okay by me."

Smiles turn to expressions of mild envy.

"And you want to give the builder the go-ahead for the new conservatory? Seventy-five thousand if we say yes today? Sounds fair.. sure, that's fine."

The listeners exchange glances of amazement.

"Okay sugar, see you later.. Yes, love you too," says the man, ending the call.

He looks at the other men and says, "Whose phone is this anyhow?.."

Sue Creamer

Re: Big Spender
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 12:46:53 PM »

Hi Joe,

Good one!!!  How are you doing???  I haven't read any updates from you about the job situation,  unless I am looking in all the wrong places??   Have things settled down?? 
Sue Ann

hillsbororiver

Re: Big Spender
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 08:45:47 PM »

Hi Sue Ann,

Thanks for asking, I believe the most important lesson I learned is to have faith and trust in Him, I was surrounded by circumstances I really wanted no part of but there was no where to run or even a way to delay or avoid the heartbreaking decisions that had to be made. This all was amplified by the fact we had some health issues pressing at home as well.

Endure to the end, easier said than done. But we must remember that everything the Lord has us experience is for our spiritual growth, no motion is wasted with God.

Here is the thread;

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5589.15.html

His Peace to you Sister,

Joe

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 20 queries.