bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Movies  (Read 3934 times)

ciy

Two Movies
« on: November 12, 2007, 01:57:48 PM »

Two movies this time of year have powerful messages of receiving the knowledge of Christ and judging yourself in this age.  They are "It's a Wonderful Life" and "A Christmas Carol".

In both of these when they see their lives as they really are and judge themselves, they become full of joy and no longer have the "cares of this world" that they had before coming to the knowledge of the truth.  Great examples of how God is always revealing Himself.

Really great movies to meditate on because it is easy to understand and get the visual of the fact that once you know the truth you are set free and begin to count everything joy.
CIY
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 04:28:38 PM by ciy »

ciy

Re: Two Movies
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 04:49:49 PM »

I have watched "It's a Wonderful Life" again and I just want to make sure you see what I am speaking of in these movies.

Jimmy Stewart is in a tremendous, carnal, crisis and it seems there is no way out.  The circumstances drives him to seclusion (wilderness) and he has experiences and revelations he could never have received if he had stayed at home (Bablyon)  After he goes through the experiences (through the water and the fire) he then knows in his belly the true truth.  When this truth is completely known by him, he is completely set free.  At that point, as far as he knows, his circumstances have not changed one bit, but his reaction and attitude toward them change dramatically.  All of a sudden everything that was bad to him from the car wreck, to the Savings & Loan, to the newel post cap, to the lost money becomes complete joy.  Even the warrant for his arrest is a joy to him.  He counts it all joy. 

I think it is an amazing example or shadow so to speak of how the knowledge of God's plan works out.  I do think it should end with "No man is a failure if he knows the truth".

It is easy for us to sometimes act nice to people, do nice things, and show thanks to God, especially when things are going well and we are comfortable.  It is another to continue in joy when things are falling apart, but we that know the truth will act it out.  Like Job said, before he had heard of God but the experience that he went through made him see God.  We will only truly know God once we go through the wilderness.

Great stuff
CIY

Kat

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 05:39:49 PM »

Hi ciy,

It's easy to sit and watch a movie and just turn your brain off.  But I think you have brought out, how we can actually see God's plan in these movies. 
I think it is true we have to go through the process some kind of way, like in these movies.
First we are up to our neck in the mire, of the physical/carnality in this world.  Then we sink, finally we realize we are in over our head (wilderness).  I think only then can God drag us to Him and then we can counts it all joy.

1Co 15:46  But it is not the spiritual which is first but the physical, and then the spiritual.

Thanks for sharing, it's good to look at things from a different prespective.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 05:58:01 PM »

Hi ciy

I too can relate to what you have shared. Last night the family watched a movie called "Faith Like Potatoes". It has special significance for us because it is the story of a family who lives here in South Africa who went through a wilderness expereince. As Kat said, first the physical then the spiritual...

Thanks for sharing

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2007, 02:15:58 AM »

Funny how when our eyes are being open we see "things" everywhere!!  His teaching is all around us.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.