bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Going Out On a Limb for Jesus; why? Because that's where the fruit is  (Read 6003 times)

dewey

Hi, my name is Dewey

I live in an old farm house just outside the city limits of Kankakee, IL.  My wife, Paula, and I went to church once upon a time.  We loved the people and the fellowship.  We went on Saturdays even though we knew every day of the week was holy.  One day I left the grave yard and went straight to church - 110/120 miles round trip.  Told the pastor just buried my 6-year-old granddaughter.  He said and just where do you think she's at now and I told him.  He told me to go home and read what Herbert Armstrong wrote about the third resurrection.  Paula and I have not been back.  So I thought it only right that I burn them a CD.  It was a short one.  I gave it to one of my friends, a member of the church, to pass around and tell the people what I thought.  Since then, none of them care for me anymore.  It's a shame.  Paula and I miss them awfully.  The name of the CD?  YOU FOOLS, YOU HYPOCRITES, YOU SNAKES. 

In the name of Jesus, we try to love everyone - and that is who we are.

Dewey & Paula

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Going Out On a Limb for Jesus; why? Because that's where the fruit is
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 05:58:59 PM »

Hello Dewey

You will never convert Mystery Babylon. As Ray teaches, you can shine a spot light into blind eyes and they still will not see. The teaching YOU FOOLS, YOU HYPOCRITES, YOU SNAKES by Ray Smith that you captured on CD is not a spot light it is a mega LIGHT of Truth!  ;D and a most dazzling teaching!

Yet still the prophesy has to prevail and Harlot Babylon will fall!  Even if the serpents and snakes begin to know the time is near for their judgement, they will not escape. They are as the foolish virgins with no oil in their lamps. The Lord knows them not and there are many that partake of Babylons plagues!

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 06:15:37 PM »

Hi dewey,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
It is a joy to welcome a like-minded believer.
I went to WWCG for years.  What a breath of fresh air it is to be out of the church/mystery Babylon.
The Truth that is taught at BT is very precious to me, and no where else have I heard it.  So this forum is where I turn to for fellowship now, and it has been very satisfying. 
I hope you will join in sharing what we have come to embrace as the Truth. 

mercy, peace and love
Kat

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 06:19:46 PM »

Hi Dewey,

Welcome to the Forum!

I bet you were less than surprised by their reaction.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Beloved

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 06:34:33 PM »

Dewey and Paula

2Ti 2:15  Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth

Read and learn. Look forward to your posts

Beloved

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 06:41:37 PM »

Hi Dewey and Paula,

I am from Scotland, a long way from you but love this happy forum.

Wecome and God Bless
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 06:52:01 PM »

Yep me too. Miss all my old friends. But that's why this forum was created.

Dennis

gmik

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 10:54:55 PM »

Welcome Dewey and Paula.  Thanks for sharing that.  I am so sorry about your granddaughter.  Does anyone else in your family believe as you???

I know you will find fellowship here, but you know, we need you here too.  I suspect there is a lot you can share w/ us!

indianabob

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 03:22:03 PM »

Wed 11/14/07

Welcome Dewey and Paula from Kankakee

My wife and I used to travel through St. Ann, Kankakee and Bourbonnais to visit friends.

They were Lee Metz and Ron Hanson who attended in Chicago Heights, IL
We all used to bake home made bread from home ground organic wheat.  Yummy.
Those were the good old days, I think.

We haven't heard from those folks for several years now.
However, now that we have met you all, friendships can begin afresh.

I look forward to many good discussions of how we may apply Bible teaching to our daily lives as we let God prepare us for the coming Kingdom.

I understand that you type slowly, but please write as often as possible, it is good to share.

Bob & Doris Breyfogle

dewey

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 08:59:47 PM »

Hello Dewey

You will never convert Mystery Babylon. As Ray teaches, you can shine a spot light into blind eyes and they still will not see. The teaching YOU FOOLS, YOU HYPOCRITES, YOU SNAKES by Ray Smith that you captured on CD is not a spot light it is a mega LIGHT of Truth!  ;D and a most dazzling teaching!

Yet still the prophesy has to prevail and Harlot Babylon will fall!  Even if the serpents and snakes begin to know the time is near for their judgement, they will not escape. They are as the foolish virgins with no oil in their lamps. The Lord knows them not and there are many that partake of Babylons plagues!

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

indianabob

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 10:56:29 PM »

Hello Dewey

Welcome to the Forum!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)     SEE BELOW        SEE BELOW        SEE BELOW

= = = =
8:00 p.m. Central Standard Time.

Dewey,
Your message an hour ago arrived at the forum with just the quote from Arcturus.  No message from you was attached.
Did you push the send button too soon?  Or perhaps you are having some difficulty with the way the forum works, I know that I did at first.
Maybe you could try again.

Hoping to see another message.
Indiana Bob

Matt

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2007, 03:31:54 AM »

Dewey,
  I admire your courage, and your passion for the truth!  I have recently stopped going to my church and I am currently experiencing the loss of many friends.  It does not bother me as much as the fact that my wife is still a skeptic about many of the teachings of Ray.  I have faith that the Lord will reveal the truth to her one day.  Thanks to the forum and those who maintain it, we all have a place to fellowship and share :).

p.s.
I am an active duty Marine stationed in Okinawa.  I found out that there is a good chance that I may get stationed in Glenview, IL this summer.  Is that anywhere near you?

Matt

UncleBeau

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2007, 01:07:26 PM »

Hey Dewie & Paula,

I think those of us that escaped from the "churches of this world" probably tried hard for a short while to bring the truth of the scriptures to the people that are still engulfed by the doctrines of men, and maybe felt some kind of responsibility with being given such knowledge, but still came up short converting the blind. I honestly think that those who are converted here on earth were probably never liked by the "church" to begin with. It's amazing how the REAL God of the scriptures works behind the scenes and in spirit rather than what we used to see on Sunday mornings where everyone keeps up appearances and plays pretend for a couple of hours a week.

your friend,

-Beau
« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 02:40:32 PM by UncleBeau »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2007, 04:18:23 PM »

~Thanks for catching that Indianabob. I have just seen it and it is 9.13PM South African time! I am at approx 7 hours ahead of the USA and closer in time lines to Eirik in Norway or Sandy in Scotland :D :) So you guys in the USA are waking up as I begin to feel very sleepy... zzzz  :)

DuluthGA

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 05:58:38 PM »

Hi Paula and Dewey! 

I Remember you!!!  Yay!!  I'm getting caught up on my reading here and am so pleasantly happy to "see" you two!  God bless you! :)

I read your posts and love this line from you Dewey:
You must go out on a limb for Jesus because that's where the fruit is at.

YOU GOT IT RIGHT ON!!

I praise God for you and your family.  Happy new year!

With Christ's love, :)
Janice
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.