bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I get it!  (Read 6152 times)

Matt

I get it!
« on: November 15, 2007, 09:40:15 PM »

Hello forum family!
 I just wanted to share with everyone what the Lord has revealed to me (especially since there is not 1 person near me to share this with that won't think I am nuts).
I was reading the transcript of Ray's teaching on repentance last night, and something just clicked!  I now have a more solid understanding of God's will vs. my "freewill".  I have read the teachings on this many times, and it always made sense, but only when I read it.  Soon after, my understanding faded. 
This subject has always been a difficult thing for me to grasp, but now I know why I could never just will myself to do anything I desired.  I now know why others here get excited when "something sticks", God is actually trusting in us by Him revealing these truths, not  anything we do! 
WOW, it feels good!! ;D
Matt

hillsbororiver

Re: I get it!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:47:15 PM »

Amen Matt!

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 01:24:07 PM »

Hello Matt

I do not know why I missed your post but I did. This kind of testimony that you share is something I would prefer to read first not last as it is so encouraging and inspiring to see others see the Mind of Christ so clearly.

I can completely relate when you say : I have read the teachings on this many times, and it always made sense, but only when I read it.  Soon after, my understanding faded.

I believe this is why we have to be in fellowship to share, encourage and keep conscious of His Words to us and His Teachings. You are so right about not having anyone to share it with except here in the Forum. I was just thinking that a few minutes before I got on line again to the Forum that the members here I speak with daily and there is no one in my physical experience apart from my immediate family with whom I am so close. If I had to tell the members of Babylon that I am in daily contact with several like minded brethren of Christ, they would simply not believe me!

Thank you for sharing your experiences.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

ciy

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 01:35:48 PM »

Matt

I agree and rejoice with you.  What you have found out is a small example of "staying faithful til the end".  We have to stay in the Word in order to overcome the wisdom of this world.  The world is a real system created by God to entice and deceive us away from the truth.  James says it is like a man looks in a mirror and turns away and shortly forgets what he looks like.  So it is in God's plan. 

In Joshua and Deuteronomy there are several verses about meditating on the Word day and night for a period of time or until the new man has the upper hand over the old man "THEN" it says you are ready to do what you are to do in this age.

I had a post a while back where I said that I believe we should stay on the "no free will" and the "no eternal hell" doctrines until we have an accepted understanding that we really do not have freewill and there really is not an eternal hell.  Only then can we move on to some of the meat of the doctrine of Jesus Christ. 

Now that you have found it, hang on to it with all of you heart, mind, and body guard it like that treasure found in the field. 

Welcome
CIY

rjsurfs

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 01:43:44 PM »

Hi Matt,

(especially since there is not 1 person near me to share this with that won't think I am nuts).

Get used to it... (I relate to what you are saying).  I had a lot of close friendships in Babylon... that weren't necessarily just about church... we did a lot of things together... they think I'm nuts now... actually they think I'm completely lost and will go to hell for my beliefs.

Between the wife and I we have 6 children... the oldest three think I'm nuts... the younger three are still trying to decide.  God bless my parents who love me no matter what... I think they think I am probably nuts but they still love me.   :) 

This subject has always been a difficult thing for me to grasp, but now I know why I could never just will myself to do anything I desired.
and
not  anything we do! 
I think you nailed it here.  For me, everything has been difficult to grasp... that is when it is of myself.  The miracle of God revealing truths to me is something I do not understand per se'... as in how he does it, in his time... it is an awakening of the spirit... a spiritual "Aha" moment if you will.  And when you consider the truth, it is freeing... and humbling.

I consider everyday how much I don't know... thankful for what has been revealed... but humbled to know that I get what he wants me to have, when he wants me to have it... and that is just right.  I think I am getting better at not struggling to understand... that is I try to be content with what I'm shown and content with what I'm not shown for now.  I certainly don't understand or get the first time everything I read on Ray's site... but try to just keep reading knowing I'll get it when God wills it to be.

I encourage you to keep reading... over and over... that is what I do.  It never gets old.  There is not a point that I understand it all... there are new truths to discover everyday to help you grow in Christ.  This sounds like exactly what you are doing... I am happy for you.  You are blessed indeed.

Bobby

hillsbororiver

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 02:12:16 PM »

Hi again Matt,

When reading the inspiring responses by Arcturus, CIY and Bobby these Words of Jesus came to mind;

Mat 13:16  But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Mat 13:17  For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

This is an awesome thing to contemplate!

Joe

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2007, 02:26:45 PM »

Hi Matt,

As the "light" continues to get brighter and our understanding increases, it is an awesome experience.  This understanding of our "lack" of free will is a huge step in the right direction towards worshiping our God in "spirit and truth."

I rejoice with you as the Lord continues to open your understanding.

Rene'

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 07:54:50 PM »

Hi again Matt,

When reading the inspiring responses by Arcturus, CIY and Bobby these Words of Jesus came to mind;

Mat 13:16  But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.

Mat 13:17  For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.

This is an awesome thing to contemplate!

Joe

Awesome indeed Joe,

Dennis

Beloved

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2007, 09:39:46 PM »

(Phi 4:4 KJVR) 
:D :D Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. :D :D
 Congratulations Matt.

Free Will can be very hard to understand with our computer made of human meat.
Keeping the Sovergnty of God in front of your eyes, knowing He is Good and Merciful and Loving.

(Psa 68:19 KJVR) 
Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. Selah.

(Hab 3:18 KJVR) 
Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.

(Hab 3:19 KJVR) 
The LORD God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds' feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places.

Beloved    ;D

Matt

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 01:29:11 PM »

Thanks everyone!  I really do appreciate and do receive your love!  It sure does feel good, I am looking forward to more and more being revealed to me in the future!!!! ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 01:53:26 PM »

Hello Matt

Though you are in Japan you are close to all who fellowship here in the Spirit of Christs Mind revealed to us through the teachings we hold near and dear. So it is a wonderful inspiration for me to read of your revelations because they give me the joy to see the Truth setting others free. That is a blessing!

Peace be to you

gmik

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 08:00:05 PM »

Meaty thread!!

Paul said we look thru a glass darkly......we walk away and forget what the image was.....

When I read Ray's material I feel on such solid ground, all makes sense, God's in His Heaven and all is right w/ the world :D 

Then the work week starts, and the grind of daily life, and that image fades and I forget things and my mirror starts looking darkly, so, yes, you gotta get back into it, the scriptures and Ray and I am back on terra firma.

I hope this will begin to get easier and easier, but I am solid when I am reading about "no free-will" till I am away for a bit or some "friend" says something ridiculous and then those thoughts creep in..yuck..

Just being honest here. :-\

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2007, 01:13:28 AM »

I know what you are talking about G. We/I have to keep eating spiritual food to stay strong! :) When the trials and testing comes, I know my own strength can fail and this shows me that while I might not be strong enough, it helps if I have eaten and am spiritually exercised to realise that my strength is not sufficient and can not be but Christ's strength and Spirit are sufficient and always will be.  :) This is just part of the learning curve I guess that is taking us from self reliance to Christ dependence through the trials He sends us and our errors that test us. :D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 01:20:59 AM by Arcturus »

Matt

« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 09:51:03 PM »

Yesterday I was washing dishes and not really thinking about much anything.  Bam, it hit me!  Another understanding, this one, however, I have shared with people around me and they do not know how to reply.  God told me what Ray has been said so many times, only now (for lack of better terms) it makes sense.  Christianity says the God either CAN NOT or WILL NOT save all humanity!  It is that simple, no other way to state it.  Please, no need to reply, I am just excited and needed to let someone who appreciates this know!

Matt

rjsurfs

« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 11:28:10 PM »

Hey Matthew,

Good to hear from you... and I understand how you feel.

What is really exciting is you can know how he goes about it by believing the scriptures... I was just rereading part of the Lake of Fire today... Ray explains all of these scriptures so well.

;)

Bobby

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2007, 01:44:27 AM »

Hello Matthew

It is like that for me too. I will read something and it will land intellectually and then it will connect to my heart some time latter and it is a real joy. It is like the CONNECTION only happens afterwards sometimes and it will become apparent through a conversation here in the Forum or in some other way that has no human rhyme or reason :D Just goes to show how God is working in us silently to HIS  agenda not ours! 8)

Peace be to you

dewey

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2007, 06:05:51 AM »

matt,
    in 1962 there was a cave in a a big chunck of lava rock about a quater mile off shore. you have to rent a boat ,or swim like the devel dog you are,if and when you get there you will find a cave about 20 feet up the side . there will be wood crates filled with the remains of ,the story says young virgins bones. i have seen the crates and the bones in them.are they still there ? the launch point is all the way at the end of camp schaubb. my spelling mite not be correck ,but if that is where your at you will know what i mean. Oh and matt when people sign off there post without saying i love you ,they probaly dont ,you know what Christ said was the greatest of all? if you dont tell the people they dont know.
    in the name of Jesus paula and i love all people   dewey

cherokee

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2007, 11:53:56 AM »

Matt,

Am so glad the Lord is increasing your understanding. :)

It's so good to know I am not the only one who gets hit with what I call, "Kitchen Sink Understandings". ;) I can't count the times this has happened to me while washing dishes.

Maybe more people need to manually wash their dishes. ??? ;D

Ever learning,
Suzie

Robin

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 02:16:01 AM »

Christianity says the God either CAN NOT or WILL NOT save all humanity!

And their reason is that the world won't let God save them because they reject him. That is the beast sitting on the throne who is speaking. I'm glad God is bigger than the beast.

Revelation 19:20
But the beast was captured, and with him the false prophet who had performed the miraculous signs on his behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped his image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.