bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus Wasn't The Only One Raised From The Dead  (Read 7978 times)

hillsbororiver

Jesus Wasn't The Only One Raised From The Dead
« on: November 15, 2007, 09:59:41 PM »

But He was the only (so far) that was raised Immortal and Spirit.

We have 2 scriptural examples of being raised from the dead, those such as Lazarus who were raised just as they were, flesh, carnal and unconverted and we have Jesus (Firstfruit) who was raised with a new glorious spiritual Body.

We can be sure that those who were raised continued to have sin and trials in their lives and were in need of conversion by His Spirit, could this be a type/shadow of the future resurrection? As far as I can see these are the only types of resurrection mentioned in the bible, one raises a person still carnal and in the flesh and one where the Person is raised Immortal and Spirit.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

lilitalienboi16

Re: Jesus Wasn't The Only One Raised From The Dead
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 10:59:47 PM »

But He was the only (so far) that was raised Immortal and Spirit.

We have 2 scriptural examples of being raised from the dead, those such as Lazarus who were raised just as they were, flesh, carnal and unconverted and we have Jesus (Firstfruit) who was raised with a new glorious spiritual Body.

We can be sure that those who were raised continued to have sin and trials in their lives and were in need of conversion by His Spirit, could this be a type/shadow of the future resurrection? As far as I can see these are the only types of resurrection mentioned in the bible, one raises a person still carnal and in the flesh and one where the Person is raised Immortal and Spirit.

Joe

Great points joe, and definatly worth consideration. It's hard to tell, the Lord hasn't given us to much in this area to go off of, but i think there are some indications, though they be few, that those in Christ who overcome the world, will be raised as Christ was, and the rest of the world shall be raised yet in need of conversion and God's holy fire to change them into the very image of Christ.

We can only continue in the faith, pray, and one day we shall see, one day that is hopefuly not to far away for any of us!

In Christ,

Alex

pylady

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 11:58:36 PM »

Hi Joe,

Recently there was a death in my family - the first since God so mercifully led me to BT and gave me the keys to unlocking His truths in the Scriptures.  So I've been studying scriptures on death and the resurrection. 

As always the more I study the more depth I see.  And the more I see the more questions I have!

Rev21:4  "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes: and there shall be
             no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any
             more pain: for the former thing are passed away."

The "former things" can also be translated "first things", that is first in time or first in order.   The time period is after the resurrection, and after the judgment.  All mankind is reconciled to God - He is their God and they are His people.  There is a new heaven and a new earth.  The "former" or "first" things have now passed away, that is, sorrow, crying, pain, and death are no more.

Does this mean that in the time period between the resurrection of all and the reconciliation of ALL when Jesus  turns the kingdom over to His Father that mankind will still suffer from sorrow, crying, pain and death?

Another thought.  Those whom Jesus resurrected to the flesh, died again in the flesh.  The Father is the only one who has resurrected someone with an immortal spiritual body - His Son.

There was a period of time between when Jesus was resurrected and when He returned to heaven.  It was during this time that Jesus manifested Himself to His disciples in a human form, let them touch Him, spoke and ate with them.  He has not been seen by any of His disciples in this form since then.

Could this mean that the elect will dwell on earth after their resurrection, dwelling with resurrected mankind to open up their minds to know God.  When the work with mankind is finished will they too be taken up to heaven , as Jesus returned to His Father to receive His glory?

We know the elect will be as Jesus is - spirit.  But will all mankind?  Or will they dwell in heaven in their minds and hearts to know God, but exist in glorified, immortal human bodies serving our heavenly Father?  I'm not sure I see in the scriptures the same fate for the elect and all mankind  - because there will be a new heavens AND a new earth. 

I could be totally off base with this.  But that's how I learn asking questions.  Maybe there is no answer right now.  Seems there must be a reason these questions keep coming up.  Perhaps our Father wants us thinking about these things before He gives us the answers!

Thank you for bring this timely for me subject up.  Knowing I have lost my loved one for just a little while is a great comfort.

Your sister in Christ,

Cindy

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 09:34:04 AM »

Thanks for your response Alex, you are right, the scriptures do not clearly spell out exactly how the Fall Harvest is accomplished in detail, I can only go with what I can see revealed to me at this time. In the future there may very well be new Light (to us) on this and then I am sure we will scratch our heads and say "Now why didn't I see this before?!"  :o

Hi Cindy,

I am sorry to hear of your loss, it is painful to suddenly lose the company of a loved one, but we can take comfort in the fact that they themselves feel no pain, no separation, no loss. They are peacefully sleeping.  http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

As you know there are two harvests and even if your loved one is in the Fall Harvest eventually everyone will be Sons and Daughters of the Father and there will be no one left out or of a second class.

The (special) reward of the elect isn't an elevated status forever but as a Spiritual servant of our Master Jesus Christ, being a part of bringing all the rest of humanity to the point where they are mature enough and ready to receive their inheritance.

Cindy, here is a truly humbling thought to meditate on, Christ might very well use you to bring your loved one to Him in the next age!

Rom 8:18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

And then;

1Co 15:28  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

These two articles deal with this subject in a lot more depth;

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html  http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

Joe

« Last Edit: November 16, 2007, 09:35:35 AM by hillsbororiver »

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 05:46:08 PM »

Thanks for your response Alex, you are right, the scriptures do not clearly spell out exactly how the Fall Harvest is accomplished in detail, I can only go with what I can see revealed to me at this time. In the future there may very well be new Light (to us) on this and then I am sure we will scratch our heads and say "Now why didn't I see this before?!"  :o

Hi Cindy,

I am sorry to hear of your loss, it is painful to suddenly lose the company of a loved one, but we can take comfort in the fact that they themselves feel no pain, no separation, no loss. They are peacefully sleeping.  http://bible-truths.com/death.htm

As you know there are two harvests and even if your loved one is in the Fall Harvest eventually everyone will be Sons and Daughters of the Father and there will be no one left out or of a second class.

The (special) reward of the elect isn't an elevated status forever but as a Spiritual servant of our Master Jesus Christ, being a part of bringing all the rest of humanity to the point where they are mature enough and ready to receive their inheritance.

Cindy, here is a truly humbling thought to meditate on, Christ might very well use you to bring your loved one to Him in the next age!

Rom 8:18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Rom 8:19  For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

And then;

1Co 15:28  And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

These two articles deal with this subject in a lot more depth;

http://bible-truths.com/lake3.html  http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

Joe

Well thank YOU joe for shareing what you see and hear, i too have seen and heard the same, but i cannot say with certainty yet because as you stated right now we still see through that murky dim glass! yarr!! one day :P

God bless,

Alex

Fabruk

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 08:49:22 PM »

Hi Guys just a thought, for give me if I get it wrong and please correct me if so but we read in Rev 13:8  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
We know this is referring to our Lord shouldn't be considered that if he was slain we would also be raised from the foundation of the world, making him the first of all?
God bless
Dan aka Fabio

pylady

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 09:11:32 PM »

Hi Joe,

Thank you. It is indeed comforting to know that the dead are sleeping and are not even aware that they are dead!  I have read Ray's very enlightening and comforting article "An Encouraging Thought About Death.".   I printed a copy for my cousin who lost her mother.  Have not had any feedback yet.

You said:  "Cindy, here is a truly humbling thought to meditate on.  Christ might very well use you to bring your loved one to Him in the next age."
These scriptures seem to go with that thought:

Matt 19:30  "But many that are first shall be last, and the last shall be first."
May indicate the order of the resurrection for many.

In the resurrection of Jairus' daughter : 
Mark5:40  "...But putting them all out, He took along the child's father and mother and His own companions, and entered the room where the child was."
Jesus made sure the child's closest family was there to welcome her back.

Much to think about in these Scriptures.  What wonderful times we have to look forward to!  Vs 42 of Mark 5 says "immediately they were completely astonished."
Even though we can be certain there will be a resurrection of all I think we too will feel completely astonished!  What a wonderful witness of the perfect love and mercy of our God will the resurrection be to all mankind!

Your sister in Christ,

Cindy ;D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2007, 08:29:10 AM »

Hello Joe

This is always a thouroughly thought provoking study inspiring subject!

It has been revealed to us through Ray  that we are in the PROCESS of becoming the image of Christ.  I believe this PROCESS extends also to the coming of the Kingdom of God.  1 Tim 6 : 16 Who alone has immortality in the sense of exemption from every kind of death and lives in unapproachable light, Whom no man has ever seen or can see, Unto Him be honour and aion power and dominion. (aion used in preference to unscriptural everlasting as taught at http://bible-truths.com/aeonion.htm  Is everlasting Scriptural?)

Since Jesus has transcended the earth, His Presence is invisible.  We know there is judgement now and later  in the day of Judgement, just as there is resurrection to divine nature with Christ in the Spirit and resurrection to judgment by Christ in the second death LOF.

We know that The Kingdom of God  is not carnal but is spiritual.  It is not meat or drink  and has no outward show. God is invisible. God is Spirit.  The Kingdom of God too, I believe will also be invisible to carnal physical eyes. That is why one has to be born again because  carnal physical eyes just don’t see it. Flesh and blood do not inherit the Kingdom of God.

We know and it is revealed also through the teachings we have received through Ray that the OT persons did not receive the promises of the NT so they will be raised to perfection via the LOF.  This fits for me to the Scripture that  says we shall see Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the Kingdom of heaven. Now this is where I begin to speculate that this is why we will SEE them.

Matt 8:11 I tell you, many will come from east and west, and will sit at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

Note MANY from East and West and not FEW! Well we know what that means!

I believe as shown in the teachings brought to us via Ray, that many will go through the LOF. What is not taught or clarified yet is once perfected, will they will be appointed to rule on earth to administer mercy and grace to the other persons receiving more stripes, corrections and punishment  as they experience the second death? We know there is a judgment of the angels that is reserved for them and  will be ministered to them I believe,  by the saints elect. Will the angels also be judged by the appointed  Ambassadors to Christ on the Earth or will this judgment be reserved only for those raised in the Spirit of Christ? I think so yes. I believe the Ambasadors we will see will be ministering Grace, Mercy and Judgment to those on the earth still being purified of their flesh and carnality. The Ambasadors will live in the Heavenly relm but we will see them and many will see them for many are called and few are chosen.  

Then  as all returns to God first through Christ's Spirit, His Elect, His rulers Abraham Isaac Jacob and all the prophets,   finally all who have practised evil will be perfected and healed of all wickedness. Then every knee will bow.

We know that the Scriptures are mostly silent on this one!...and may just be preparing us to think about these matters in preparation for revelation. I hope so!

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2007, 09:09:22 AM by Arcturus »

Truth101

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2007, 08:14:49 AM »

Does this mean that in the time period between the resurrection of all and the reconciliation of ALL when Jesus  turns the kingdom over to His Father that mankind will still suffer from sorrow, crying, pain and death?

Hi im new to the forum but i have been a long time student of Ray's. Well not a long time but a few years anyway.
I just wanted to comment if I may on this question.

As far as I can see I would assume since through the kingdom age the non elect must go thorugh the judgement being perfected that there would be tears. I believe this proves that the crying, sorrow and pain will continue til all have been reconciled to God. It would appear that these discomforts of humanity will end once all has been reconciled to God.

If this has already been discussed I apologize. I havent had time to go through the whole thread.

God bless all, Dave

« Last Edit: November 18, 2007, 10:04:52 AM by Craig »

Kat

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2007, 10:55:51 AM »

Hi Truth 101,

I see this is your first post and I'm glad you joined in  :)
I think you make a good point, considering this scripture.

Mat 13:49  So it will be at the end of the age. The angels will come forth, separate the wicked from among the just,
Mat 13:50  and cast them into the furnace of fire. There will be wailing and gnashing of teeth."

The Greek word for 'wailing' is klauthmos; from G2799; weeping: - weep.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2007, 01:43:14 PM »

Hello Truth101

Welcome to the Forum. I join with Kat in seeing the value of your communication.

It makes sense to me too that only once death is vanquished then all will return to God and only THEN will all tears have been wiped away. To add.

Rev  21:4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.

2 Cor 7 : 10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves NO REGRET, but worldly sorrow brings death.

The old order of the world will pass away and after all have repented all will be saved.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

ciy

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2007, 02:29:19 PM »

Good post Truth101,

An example of this is how hard Joseph cried over his brothers once they were brought to the symbolic LOF of that iron furnace of Egypt.  All of Egypt heard his weeping on the third occasion of his weeping.  It appears the pressure will be on all during the purging of the LOF.

Welcome to the forum.
CIY

gmik

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2007, 08:12:46 PM »

WELCOME Truth 101.  If you have been around Ray for a couple of years I think you are at least Truth 102??? :D

Joe-- Wow and double Wow.  Romans 8:18 hasn't hit me so hard as it did now.

I had glossed over that before but to THINK (selah ;)) that we could be instrumental in leading someone to Christ..on the other side....well, that is so awesome it must be contemplated on for awhile!!!  Phew, I am shaking in my boots!!! (well, slippers)

Hallelujah!!

Truth101

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2007, 08:45:59 AM »

Thanks all for your warm welcome.

Sorry its been awhile since I replied. I have to make time to join you guys/gals in discussions.

I was so greatful to God when I saw that this forum was added to the site.

Well I'm off to search for some threads of interest or maybe God willing start a new one :).

We will be chatting I'm sure.

God bless, Dave

PS: My name is more of a description of all I seek for (the absolute truth), rather than a title of myself. I could never claim to have it all but greatful to God for what He has given me and only desire more as I'm sure we all do ;).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.