bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to feel smart?  (Read 5159 times)

Matt

Want to feel smart?
« on: November 17, 2007, 12:22:28 AM »

Question:  If you could live forever, would you and why?
Answer:  "I would not live forever, because we should not live forever, because if we were supposed to live forever, then we would live forever, but we cannot live forever, which is why I would not live forever."  --Miss Alabama in the 1994 Miss USA contest

"Whenever I watch TV and watch those poor starving kids all over the world, I can't help but cry.  I mean I'd love to be skinny like that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff."  --Mariah Carey

"Smoking kills.  If you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."  --Brooke Shields, during an interview to become spokesperson for federal anti-smoking campaign.

"I've never had major knee surgery on any other part of my body."  --Winston Bennett, University of Kentucky basketball forward

"Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country."  --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington, D.C.

"I'm not going to have some reporters pawing through our papers.  We are the president!"  --Hilary Clinton, First Lady, commenting on the release of subpoenaed documents

"China is a big country, inhabited by many Chinese."  --Former French President Charles De Gaulle

"Half this game is ninety percent mental." --Philadelphia Phillies manager, Danny Ozark

"It isn't pollution that's harming the environment.  It's the impurities in our air and water that are doing it."  --Al Gore, Vice President

"I love California.  I practically grew up in Phoenix."  --Dan Quayle

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves:  how much clean air do we need?"  --Lee Iacocca

"The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football.  A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  --Joe Theismann, NFL football quarterback and sports analyst

"We don't necessarily discriminate.  We simply exclude certain types of people."  --Colonel Gerald Wellman, ROTC instructor

"If we don't succeed, we run the risk of failure." --Bill Clinton, President

"We are ready for an unforeseen event that may or may not occur."  --Al Gore, Vice President

"I haven't committed a crime.  What I did was fail to comply with the law."  --David Dinkins, New York City Mayor, answering accusations that he failed to pay his taxes

"Traditionally, most of Australia's imports come from overseas."  --Keppel Enderbery, former Australian cabinet member

"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away.  May God bless you.  You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances."  --Department of Social Services, Greenville, South Carolina

"If somebody has a bad heart, they can plug this jack in at night as they go to bed and it will monitor their heart throughout the night.  And the next morning, when they wake up dead, there'll be a record."  --Mark S. Fowler, FCC Chairman

...Feeling smarter yet?

;D

Jackie Lee

Re: Want to feel smart?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2007, 02:55:13 AM »

Those are really funny thank you. ;D

jER

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2007, 03:29:29 AM »

"Your food stamps will be stopped effective March 1992 because we received notice that you passed away.  May God bless you.  You may reapply if there is a change in your circumstances."  --Department of Social Services, Greenville, South Carolina

...perhaps they were thinking "outside the box."   :D

JER

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2007, 08:55:57 AM »

;D :D Thanks Matthew! :)

musicman

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2007, 12:07:19 PM »

You missed a few:

Various quotes by one famous American

"Millions of people are struggling to put food on their families."

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we.  They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

"Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country."

"I'm the decider, and I decide what is best.  And what's best is for (somebody who just resigned in disgrace) to remain as the (something important of something important)."

"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

"As yesterday's positive report card shows, childrens do learn when standards are high and results are measured."

"Rarely is the questioned asked:  Is our children learning?"

"Major combat operations in (some occupied country) have ended."

"I trust God speaks through me.  Without that, I couldn't do my job."

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."

"For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings.  And, folks, this is unacceptable.  And we're going to do something about it."

"This is an impressive crowd-- the haves and the have mores.  Some people call you the elite--I call you my base."

"I know that human beings and fish can coexist peacefully."

"I hear there's rumors on the Internets that we're going to have a draft."

"Tribal sovereignty means that; it's sovereign.  I mean, you're a--you've been given sovereignty, and you're viewed as a sovereign entity."

"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test."

"We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should.  Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease."

"My answer is bring them on."

« Last Edit: November 20, 2007, 09:43:04 PM by musicman »

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2007, 01:34:06 PM »

"I just want you to know that, when we talk about war, we're really talking about peace."

That shows the double talk of the world! I think it was Henry Kissinger who said we will persue peace at any price, even if the price is war :( ???

musicman

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 01:50:54 AM »

If you really want to feel smart, tell me which person said every one of those quotes above.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 11:17:37 AM »

If you really want to feel smart, tell me which person said every one of those quotes above.

We know who said them, just don't make this thread political, else it will be gone.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.