bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parables  (Read 9591 times)

kweli

Re: Parables
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2007, 11:55:53 AM »

Hi Joe

Thanks a lot for the quick response. I'm still a bit unclear on this subject but I'll meditate upon it.

Before I answer your questions I must highlight that I'm 25 years old. I think this is important because I've noticed that a lot of members here are, well, 'experienced'. So please bear with me.

What I believe about the "pearl of a great price" and many other parables is mostly what I've learned from the discussion that "GOD IS ALL IN ALL" (some time recently). Upon the realisation that God is Supreme; we are and we'll be, solely because of Him. This knowledge means one can only but let go of everything else and submit to Him and His will.

When I was in the mainstream church, giving tithe, telling the world that they should be saved from hell, all that doctrine that we are taught from Sunday school, I had given myself completely (not perfectly, please) to God. I was not trying to lure poeple away from the truth or even live it. Now I look at someone who could be in the same boat I was in and wonder...is it not upon myself to go out and spread the good news as I've been commanded?

The Lord has put it in my heart to marry a wonderful lady who I've befriended, courted and now planning to propose. One day I brought up tithing as being "unscriptural in the new testatement" in our conversation and asked what she thinks about it. She was beginning to doubt my faith. What happens here? Since she doesnt believe that it is unscriptural, am I not suppose to be yoked together with her?

Seeking His Glory,
Kweli

Chris R

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2007, 01:54:39 PM »

Hi Kweli,

Joe answered your questions pretty much the same way i would have, but since you asked another, I thought i might add something.

Personal relationships are near impossible to give anyone advise on, Certainly no one here has the ability to decipher whether or not you should continue to date, court, or marry another based on just a little information.

As you seek, and As God gives you undestanding, then perhaps you can answer your own questions on personal relationships.

I certainly dont hang around the church's in town, and i dont attend their meetings, but I do like the folks who do attend, but i fellowship here with Dennis Craig, and Joe, Kathy and Josh, and the rest of the members.

Peace

Chris R

kweli

« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 07:32:01 AM »

Hi Chris R

It's really great that I already fellowship with the members here because I will miss that from my church. I'm looking forward to posts from you, Craig & Joe, music/lyrics from Alex and Ray's quotes (as if quoted from specific verses in the bible...lol) from Kat

Seeking His Glory,
Kweli

hillsbororiver

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 08:31:15 AM »

Hi Kweli,

We all seem to go through certain phases in our journey with the Lord, not the same experiences but the same outline in regard to what He is revealing to us bit by bit. We become very enthusiastic when we begin to see the true depth of His love for all and the ultimate glory He has planned for His children.

We want to know more, NOW! We want that same rush of revelation and conviction that we had when we first made the above discovery, unfortunately (for the temporal man, not the immortal man) this is not the path He has designed for our spiritual growth. Patience, discernment and humbly laying down our own will and desire depending on Him to guide us as we pray for our will to be alligned with His will.

This is not a natural or easy progression, it is not supposed to be. Please be patient as you absorb the incredible vault of material on Bible Truths, for me it takes reading, rereading and then reading once again to see the many truths contained within these articles, be sure to have your bible in hand and as you verify what is presented the Lord will open your eyes to more and more.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe     

Chris R

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2007, 09:39:53 AM »

We are all unique, but we don't all posses the same gifts, but we all posses the same spirit.

1Cr 12:4  Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

1Cr 12:8  For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

And though I have [the gift of] prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing. [1Cr 13:2]

As Joe has stated, it takes time and a revealing to understand some mysteries, but not all can understand yet, as not all are given to understand.

Chris R

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2007, 03:29:06 PM »

Sober reflections Joe and Chris R. Thank you! :)

Acts 14:22 Establishing and strengthening the souls and the hearts of the disciples, urging and warning and encouraging them to stand firm in the faith, and telling them that it is through many hardships and tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.

We also have much encouragement and many wonderful promises to assure us all that all will be saved!

Peace be to you brothers

Arcturus :)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.