bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Prophet  (Read 4291 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
A Prophet
« on: November 20, 2007, 10:39:33 PM »

Hi Ray,

First and foremost, may God bless you for your efforts and courage in bringing the teachings God has given you into the light. Your papers have cleared up a number of things I was struggling with including speaking in tongues, tithing and eternal torture; all of which I was never comfortable with and I now know why. Coming from Ireland where the Catholic religion is predominant yet, 'finding God' in a Pentecostal church, led me to uncover many conflicts which never sat right with me. This leads me to the point of my correspondence.

Visiting prophets to the church have spoken to me saying things like, 'God has plans for you David, plans beyond your wildest imagination' ; 'You will speak all over this Island' ; 'You are a prophet of God and not just a prophet but you are to be an oracle of the word of God' and that 'You want to be great in the Kingdom of God and that the greatest in the Kingdom of God is he who serves and you will serve to thousands'. These words seem to be powerful things and I have spent much time deliberating over these words these past few years. As someone who attends church on a very sporadic basis, I find in the characteristics of prophets, someone who will not be a regular attender due to the need for him to edify the church. I have spoken into people's lives when I have felt the compulsion to do so and I have been correct in my utterances.
However, how does one take seriously the words of those whom are in the church when I should 'Come out of her, the Great Whore of Babylon'? How does one edify the church when I am not to be IN the church? Obviously no pastor, priest, clergyman will let just anyone from the street into their church to preach from the pulpit, teachings that will seem almost as an attack on their beliefs.

I live my life as the  prodigal son, not having been raised in a practising Christian household, professing to not believe in God for most if not all of my teenage years and early twenties.  Yet now,  I have nothing in my life but God and His purpose for my being. I have dedicated myself to learning more and more to understand His divine will for both my own life and for that of all mankind, praying day and night for wisdom so that I might help others escape from the traps of this world which had blinded me for so long. Yet, all of this is based upon what has been said to me in the church from which I believed in a 'higher purpose' for myself. These same people I have seen speak in so called 'tongues' which cause's me to doubt now the validity of what was said. Do you believe in the need for prophets in these days? Is what was said to me more 'fortune telling' than edification and if so then surely it cannot be right in the sight of God?

I appreciate that you must receive a large amount of emails every da y and I thank you for even taking the time to read this. I am glad that God led me to find someone who has already clarified so much for me and also for leading me to find someone whose opinion I esteem enough to even write a letter such as this. I pray that this letter finds you well and in an abundance of blessings.

Slan go foill (As we do say on this Emerald Isle!)

God Bless,

David.

Dear David:  They LIE!  The priests of Babylon lie!  Leave them alone.
God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 19 queries.