bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does God know our date/time of death?  (Read 19956 times)

vicolive

Does God know our date/time of death?
« on: November 21, 2007, 09:06:30 AM »

I thank you all for being most helpful to me,as Im new to the forum and have  been re-learning many truths it has put me on a new journey.Please bare with me....
I always believed that God knew our time of birth,therefore the time and date of death,as God is all knowing...it has been brought to my attention that no where in the  bible does it say that God knows the date we shall die,it was also said from  my good meaning friend that 'Yes He is all knowing but chooses not to have that date in His mind... now Im really confused..
Is there a scripture please that states God does in fact know the exact 'appointed' time of each of our deaths?
Thank you
V.

rjsurfs

Re: Does God know our date/time of death?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 10:08:41 AM »

Hello V,

Ecc 3:1  To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
Ecc 3:2  A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted...

If you want to read this further and understand... it is part of Ray's Lake of Fire Part XV-D:
http://bible-truths.com/lake15-D.html

Here is a teaser:

The whole point of Ecclesiastes chapter three is not that people are born and die, or that people plant and harvest, or that people war and make peace, or that people weep and laugh, but rather that there is "an APPOINTED TIME" for all these things to happen—an appointed time appointed BY GOD.

This is not a new idea, or a new revelation. This truth has been preserved in chapter three of Ecclesiastes for a couple of thousand years. But how many Christians believe it?

Bobby

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 10:09:57 AM by Bobby Proctor »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 10:10:51 AM »

Hi V,

There is nothing outside of God's plan and purpose, there is an appointed time for everything in God's Universe.

Job 14:14  If a man die, shall he live again? all the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.

Ecc 3:1  To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

Ecc 3:2  A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

His Peace to you,

Joe

hillsbororiver

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »

Good morning Bobby,

I see we posted almost simultaneously, great answer by the way!  ;)

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

vicolive

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 10:33:46 AM »

Yes, yes ,,thank you so much,I always stood on that word.I am reading all of Ray's teachings and the truth is being revealed.Its just hard,after so many years of sitting under pastors and being misled.I am thankful for the wake-up call.....and for all the answers everyone so freely gives and helps with in this forum..
V.

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 10:41:12 AM »

my good meaning friend that 'Yes He is all knowing but chooses not to have that date in His mind

I'm glad you are opening your mind to learning the truths of God.

I couldn't let what your friend said pass though.  Do you see how ridiculous that statement is????  God knows but he doesn't know?  Christian gobbledygook at its finest.  To swallow the lies of christiandom you must check your brain at the door.  God does not want us to check or brains at the door, he gave them to us and we are expected to use them.

Craig

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 10:57:41 AM »

Amen Craig!

Sorin

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 11:08:57 AM »

Vicolive, not only does God know the date and time of our death, but he also knows exactly how we will die because He is the one that takes it. The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh. See Job 1:21

If the very hairs on our heads are numbered, surely our time here on earth is numbered down to the last milliseconds.
So if God didn't know the date and time of our death, then He wouldn't be All Knowing. Even if He "chooses to not know" He couldn't be "all knowing" because there's something He does not know. In order to be All Knowing, you must know everything.

Craig is absolutely right, that statement by your friend is ridiculous at the very least. And it indeed is "Christian gobbledygook at its finest"

Peace,

Sorin

vicolive

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 11:36:54 AM »

Thanks all, I just re-read lake series -D........To Me 'All Knowing would indeed cover that aspect of time of death.Its just amazing that some can twist Gods word to make it so convincing... After being misled and then the teachings of JW'S I truthfully say that I have become doubleminded,so thankful to have come across Rays  site.....Time for me  to use that brain Craig...
Thanks
V

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 11:40:48 AM »

it has been brought to my attention that no where in the  bible does it say that God knows the date we shall die

Also don't let your "friends" play this game with you either.  Nowhere in scripture does is say Jesus used the bathroom, but obviously He did.  Just because scripture does not make a statement on something does not make it less true.  The sovereignty of God is spoken all through scripture.

Craig

vicolive

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 11:46:03 AM »

So  much truth you all speak,I pray also for GODS wisdom in such/all matters...
On my way to recovery.
My thanks again....for your time and the  truth, Gods word speaks through you all...
V.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 03:52:05 PM »

Hello V

My favourate is this one.

Rev 1 : 17 Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead and behold I am alive for ever and ever! AND I HOLD THE KEYS OF DEATH AND HADES.

At our peril, we call Christ a liar!  :D ;D

In blindness there is no light......

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 03:53:13 PM by Arcturus »

Chris R

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 09:21:29 PM »

Hi all,

Interesting enough, and while we are all sure that Gods plan is not going to change one iota, and that our "fate" is already sealed, dont go skydiving without a parachute just yet!

And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in [their] hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.    Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God. Mat 4:6-7

Surley God knows the hour of our death, but just as surely WE do not!

Sometimes this type of thinking can mess with our reasoning.
No it's not going to change Gods plan, but then again me writing this post isnt by accident either.

Gods knowledge is not our knowledge, we had better heed these words, And not worry about what tommorrow may bring.

"If'n ya understand what i'm saying"

Chris R

musicman

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2007, 12:27:42 PM »

it has been brought to my attention that no where in the  bible does it say that God knows the date we shall die

Also don't let your "friends" play this game with you either.  Nowhere in scripture does is say Jesus used the bathroom, but obviously He did.  Just because scripture does not make a statement on something does not make it less true.  The sovereignty of God is spoken all through scripture.

Craig

Jesus went to the bathroom?!!!!

Beloved

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2007, 01:47:54 PM »

Music man Jesus took on human flesh therfore he had human body that functioned just like ours did He even talked about this very subject

(Mat 15:11 CLV)  Not that which is entering into the mouth is contaminating a man, but that which is going out of the mouth, this is contaminating a man."

(Mat 15:12 CLV)  Then, approaching, the disciples said to Him, "Are you aware that the Pharisees, at hearing the word, are snared?"
(Mat 15:13 CLV)  Now He, answering, said, "Every plant which is not planted by My heavenly Father shall be uprooted.
(Mat 15:14 CLV)  Leave them! Blind guides are they of the blind! Now if the blind should be guiding the blind, both shall be falling into a pit."

(Mat 15:15 CLV)  Now, answering, Peter said to Him, "Decipher for us the parable."   
(You see even this particular life event was a parable)

(Mat 15:16 CLV)  Yet He said, "Are you also unintelligent at this point?
 I love this last line to his disciples and todays readers

(Mat 15:17 CLV)  Not as yet are you apprehending that everything that is going into the mouth is becoming the contents of the bowels, and is being evacuated into the latrine?

Your mouth and intestines are in direct contact with the environment and are outside your body (just like skin is)    

(Mat 15:18 CLV)  Now those things going out of the mouth (vocolazition), out of the heart are coming, and those things are contaminating a man.

(Mat 15:19 CLV)  For out of the heart are coming wicked reasonings, murders, adulteries, prostitutions, thefts, false testimonies, calumnies.

(Mat 15:20 CLV)  These are those which are contaminating a man. Now to be eating with unwashed hands is not contaminating a man."

Now as a physician v 15:20 always bothered me.. not washing your hands can lead to all kinds of food poisoning etc....
but we have to remember that God is in control and we need to think spiritually ...our real bread/meat is spiritual and is from God's Hands which are pure,

In regard to the germ world we live in I now realize that God is in total control and those that get sick from these sort of things are part of his plan too. It use to really puzzle me when people in the course of their day did all kinds of things (baby's eating things off the ground, circumscion tattoo butchering milking animals etc) then and even sometimes now .....that we today would considered  them "dirty" pocedures ...

I was amazed that many people (although a few did) that these people did not become badly infected....when scientifically we know that they should have.  Make me ponder that God must have somehow either inactivated the germs or  increased the immune system of the person etc.   

It is hard when we are in the flesh to have to deal with uncomfortable and embarassing topics areas like bowel function etc but the bible is replete with many of them  ;D  golden hemorrhoids, farts, mensrtural pads etc. It all shows us that God is aware of all of these things too.

I used to think God had a great sense of humor but now I also appreciate the fact that God will use humor as a hook to catch some people's attention and make them ponder or these things or for the many these things become buried questions or doubts in the minds of those who are blind or deaf to His word....they are snares.   

And yes I agree with Ray in his emails .....Satan had no penis (not in the scriptures per se. Satan so totally despises and hates human beings that I doubt that he would ever engage in any physical activity with them since he believe that they are inferior to himself.
He can do more damage as an accuser and he has many ways to influence the physical lives of humans ...the demons who serve Satan on the other hand... have possessed folks.

Beloved     
      Every thing in the physical is recycled only man is embarressed by it
« Last Edit: November 22, 2007, 10:19:04 PM by Beloved »

gmik

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2007, 04:53:49 PM »

;DMusicman????I am waiting a hilarious reply to Beloved!!!! :D

(honestly, I never thought about some of those things!)

aqrinc

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »

Hello V

My favourate is this one.

Rev 1 : 17 Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead and behold I am alive for ever and ever! AND I HOLD THE KEYS OF DEATH AND HADES.

At our peril, we call Christ a liar!  :D ;D

In blindness there is no light......

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Old Thread, current information.

Interesting that this is a subject i have been thinking about lately. Isn't it Marvelous to see the very intricate planning and detail that is designed into our daily existence By GOD And .

Isa 55: 8-11 (CLV)
8 For not as My devices are your devices, and not as your ways are My ways,averring is Yahweh."
9 For as the heavens are loftier than the earth, so are My ways loftier than your ways, and my devices than your devices."
10 For, as descending is the downpour and the snow from the heavens, yet there it is not returning, but rather soaks the earth, and causes it to bear and to sprout, and gives seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11 so shall be My word which shall fare forth from My mouth. It shall not return to Me empty, but rather, it does that which I desire, and prospers in that for which I sent it."

george. :)

Robin

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 05:04:31 PM »

Psalm 139:15-17 (New International Version)

15 My frame was not hidden from you
       when I was made in the secret place.
       When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

16 your eyes saw my unformed body.
       All the days ordained for me
       were written in your book
       before one of them came to be.

17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
       How vast is the sum of them!

Linny

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 05:25:53 PM »

Thank you M.G.! I KNEW that was in there someplace but couldn't remember where!!! :-[
Lin

G. Driggs

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 05:36:31 PM »

Music man Jesus took on human flesh therfore he had human body that functioned just like ours did He even talked about this very subject

(Mat 15:11 CLV)  Not that which is entering into the mouth is contaminating a man, but that which is going out of the mouth, this is contaminating a man."

(Mat 15:12 CLV)  Then, approaching, the disciples said to Him, "Are you aware that the Pharisees, at hearing the word, are snared?"
(Mat 15:13 CLV)  Now He, answering, said, "Every plant which is not planted by My heavenly Father shall be uprooted.
(Mat 15:14 CLV)  Leave them! Blind guides are they of the blind! Now if the blind should be guiding the blind, both shall be falling into a pit."

(Mat 15:15 CLV)  Now, answering, Peter said to Him, "Decipher for us the parable."   
(You see even this particular life event was a parable)

(Mat 15:16 CLV)  Yet He said, "Are you also unintelligent at this point?
 I love this last line to his disciples and todays readers

(Mat 15:17 CLV)  Not as yet are you apprehending that everything that is going into the mouth is becoming the contents of the bowels, and is being evacuated into the latrine?

Your mouth and intestines are in direct contact with the environment and are outside your body (just like skin is)    

(Mat 15:18 CLV)  Now those things going out of the mouth (vocolazition), out of the heart are coming, and those things are contaminating a man.

(Mat 15:19 CLV)  For out of the heart are coming wicked reasonings, murders, adulteries, prostitutions, thefts, false testimonies, calumnies.

(Mat 15:20 CLV)  These are those which are contaminating a man. Now to be eating with unwashed hands is not contaminating a man."

Now as a physician v 15:20 always bothered me.. not washing your hands can lead to all kinds of food poisoning etc....
but we have to remember that God is in control and we need to think spiritually ...our real bread/meat is spiritual and is from God's Hands which are pure,

In regard to the germ world we live in I now realize that God is in total control and those that get sick from these sort of things are part of his plan too. It use to really puzzle me when people in the course of their day did all kinds of things (baby's eating things off the ground, circumscion tattoo butchering milking animals etc) then and even sometimes now .....that we today would considered  them "dirty" pocedures ...

I was amazed that many people (although a few did) that these people did not become badly infected....when scientifically we know that they should have.  Make me ponder that God must have somehow either inactivated the germs or  increased the immune system of the person etc.   

Beloved     
      Every thing in the physical is recycled only man is embarressed by it

Wow! Thank you for bringing this old topic back. It caused me to find a second witness, and here it is.

Mar 7:1 And gathering to Him are the Pharisees and some of the scribes coming from Jerusalem.
Mar 7:2 And perceiving some of His disciples, that with contaminated (that is, unwashed) hands they eat bread"
Mar 7:3 (for the Pharisees and all the Jews, if ever they should not be washing the hands with the fist, are not eating, holding the tradition of the elders;"
Mar 7:4 and from the market, except they should be sprinkled, they are not eating; and many other things are there which they accepted to hold, the baptizing of cups and ewers and copper vessels and of couches),
Mar 7:5 the Pharisees also, and the scribes are inquiring of Him, "Wherefore are not your disciples walking according to the tradition of the elders, but with unwashed hands are eating bread?
Mar 7:6 Yet He, answering, said to them that "Ideally prophesies Isaiah concerning you hypocrites, as it is written, that This people with their lips is honoring Me, Yet their heart is away at a distance from Me."
Mar 7:7 Yet in vain are they revering Me, teaching for teachings the directions of men."
Mar 7:8 For, leaving the precept of God, you are holding the tradition of men of the baptism of ewers and cups. And many such like things you are doing."
Mar 7:9 And He said to them, "Ideally are you repudiating the precept of God, that you should be keeping your tradition."
Mar 7:10 For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother,' and, He who is saying aught that is evil of father or mother, let him decease in death."
Mar 7:11 Yet you are saying, 'If a man should be saying to father or mother, "A corban (which is an approach present) is whatsoever you may be benefitted by me,'"
Mar 7:12 no longer are you letting him do anything for his father or his mother,
Mar 7:13 invalidating the word of God by your tradition which you give over. And many such like things you are doing."
Mar 7:14 And calling the throng to Him again, He said to them, "Hear Me, all, and understand."
Mar 7:15 Nothing is there outside of a man, going into him, which can contaminate him, but those things going out of a man are what is contaminating the man."
Mar 7:16 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear!"
Mar 7:17 And when He entered into the house from the throng, His disciples inquired of Him concerning the parable."
Mar 7:18 And He is saying to them, "Are you, also, thus unintelligent? Not yet are you apprehending that everything from the outside, that is going into a man, can not contaminate him,
Mar 7:19 for it is not going into his heart, but into the bowels, and is going out into the latrine - cleansing all foods?
Mar 7:20 Yet He said that "That which is going out of a man, that is contaminating the man."
Mar 7:21 For from inside, out of the heart of men, are going out evil reasonings, prostitutions, thefts, murders,
Mar 7:22 adulteries, greed, wickedness, guile, wantonness, a wicked eye, calumny, pride, imprudence."
Mar 7:23 All these wicked inside things are going out; and those are contaminating the man."

I tried looking for this in the KJV but could not find it, but it seems it was a little easier to find in the CLV. Thanks, must study this a little more now.

Peace and Love, G.Driggs
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.