bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: miracle of life!!  (Read 4935 times)

sansmile

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • my beautiful grandchildren
miracle of life!!
« on: November 21, 2007, 02:45:24 PM »

I was sent this today in an e mail. Thought i would share with you all.

A picture began circulating in November. It should be 'The Picture of the Year,' or perhaps, 'Picture of the Decade.' It won't be. In fact,unless you obtained a copy of the US paper which published it, you probably would never have seen it.

The picture is that of a 21-week-old unborn baby named Samuel Alexander Armas, who is being operated on by surgeon named Joseph Bruner.

The baby was diagnosed with spina bifida and would not survive if removed from his mother's womb. Little Samuel's mother, Julie Armas, is an obstetrics nurse in Atlanta . She knew of Dr. Bruner's remarkable surgical procedure. Practicing at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville he performs these special operations while the baby is still in the womb.

During the procedure, the doctor removes the uterus via C-section and makes a small incision to operate on the baby. As Dr.Bruner completed the surgery on Samuel, the little guy reached his tiny, but fully developed hand through the incision and firmly grasped the surgeon's finger. Dr.Bruner was reported as saying that when his finger was grasped, it was the most emotional moment of his life, and that for an instant during the procedure he was just frozen, totally immobile.

The photograph captures this amazing event with perfect clarity. The editors titled the picture, 'Hand of Hope.' The text explaining the picture begins, 'The tiny hand of 21-week- old fetus Samuel Alexander Armas emerges from the mother's uterus to grasp the finger of Dr.. Joseph Bruner as if thanking the doctor for the gift of life.'

Little Samuel's mother said they 'wept for days' when they saw the picture. She said, 'The photo reminds us pregnancy isn't about disability or an illness, it's about a little person. Samuel was born in perfect health, the operation 100 percent successful.

Now see the actual picture, and it is awesome...incredible....and hey,
pass it on. The world needs to see this one!

Walk in the Spirit

Deborah-Leigh

Re: miracle of life!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 03:38:59 PM »

Hello Sandy

Yes I saw this photo and could not copy it into the Forum. What a beautiful picture!

Already Hollywood is capitalizing and on one of their sequels called House,  which is about a medical team and they have used this event and written it into the script!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

zvezda

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 01:17:16 AM »

Real photo; inaccurate description..... 
http://www.snopes.com/photos/medical/thehand.asp

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 06:16:20 AM »

thank you zvezda   xx

God Bless
Sandie
Walk in the Spirit

musicman

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2007, 12:00:21 PM »

Uuuugggh.  Now I remember why I didn't go into the medical field.

Well. . . that. .. and . . . . I'm not that smart.

Geee.  I think I will eat breakfast now.

Ummm. . . . Never mind!!!

zvezda

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2007, 12:08:49 PM »

You are welcome Sandie  :D

Beloved

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 03:22:28 PM »

Since this thread came up, I live in Nashville area and have met Dr Brunner and others on the team and I have seen this surgery being done.
I appreciate the correction Zveda...another example of media distortion and tactic to euphemize an event.

Now that the surgical team here in Nashville and a few other centers have collected more data, they now have restricted which fetus may benefit from intra uterine intervention and which do will not.

My interests now is ......how did that intervention impact .....the child, the parents and family and those that do, learn and read about it. Do they give the glory to man or to God?

I think that ultrasound and then amniocentesis (taking fluid samples from the uterus) were the first medical pocedure that opened the early hidden life of inner sanctum of the womb to man and this surgery and other technical changes will llead to many more such interventions.

The major problem of the problem with the medical condition that this picture is size...many times doing surgery after the birth is more effective,  it affords better visualization of the structures being operated on and totally eliminates the risk of preterm labor and loss of the fetus.

This type of procedure will most likely be reserved to those procedures who early intervention will help survival during the intrauterine period....many are best done after the child is born and even some later in childhoood. 

Side bar Did anyone out there think it was odd that the women still gave birth vaginally on Star trek series..why didn't they beam them out?   ;D

So far God made the placenta/uterine interchane too complex for man to duplicate it..... otherwise test tube babies (they get the egg and sperm together and the cell then devides but at a certain stage it needs to implant and they have to put it into a woman. If they ever succeed on duplicating this interphase then test tube babies would be incubated in big glass uteruses. For nine months family would give up tv and watch this.

By the way at one time I did some placental research... right after delivery we got them and kept them alive by reconnecting the arteries and veins. We perfused them with balanced solutions which alsobalanced the oxygen and carbon dioxide ...even then they had limited living capablities. The purpose was to study how various substances and medications were metabolized by the placenta. Things like this make me look back and see the frankenstien side of my life.

I am amazed that God allows man to interfer with his creation.so much...the bible certainly did point him to the possibilities....but man hasn't a clue of how it suppose to be done..... today it is possible for a woman to give to birth to her great grandmother. Depending how long God allows the world to go on ...a person conceived by artifical means today.......  could be born in the flesh centuries later. 

You have to remember that even a clone that was born would have a soul from God or they could not be alive. Each idential twin or tiplet has their own soul/identity...even though they came from a single zygote (joined sperm & egg)  They may share some incredible soulish similaritaries and even share some actual physical cells of the other..it called chimerism and happens in cows and such.

Something to read before lunch Musicman

beloved 

gmik

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 03:31:32 PM »

Wow and double Wow!!

Just came up to computer room for a "breather" before eating the Turkey!!

Beloved, how interesting.

Happy Thanksgiving All!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 22 queries.