> General Discussions

Christ's hands?

(1/1)

nightmare sasuke:
My friend told me that this Psalm 22 (verse 16, specifically) refers to Christ's crucifixion:

Psa 22:16  For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet (KJV).

The concordant literal translation renders it:

Psa 22:16 For curs have surrounded me; The crowd of evildoers has encompassed me; They dig into my hands and my feet.

My friend said this is an apparent contradiction because it is widely thought that Christ’s wrists were nailed to the cross, and this verse says his hands. I’m wondering if the verse does not even speak of his crucifixion, because a couple verses on, it says:

Psa 22:19 Yet You, O Yahweh, do not be far away! My Fortitude, do hurry to my help!"

From my understanding, Yahweh is Jesus (Yahweh being Jesus, not the Father), so it wouldn’t make much sense for Christ to say, “Yet [me], O [me], do not be far away!�

Maybe I am misinterpreting this all completely wrong. Post your opinions.

PS. How exactly do Old Testament prophecies work? If David says “I,� can he be taking on the character of Christ, or what?

rvhill:
Yahweh YHWH the Tetragrammaton means a lot of things it is a very hard to defined statement. I am therefore I am, is one meaning. Other meanings are He will cause to become, He [who] adds, He [who] lives, the words HYH haya [היה]: "He was"; HWH howê [הוה]: "He is"; and YHYH yihiyê [יהיה]: "He will be", I am the One Who Is, I AM the One I AM, I AM whatever I need to become, He Causes to Become, He Brings Into Existence Whatever Exists, or He who causes to exist..  Tetragrammaton is simply the name God gave for himself to Moses

Chris R:
Hello,

http://bible-truths.com/Rightly.html

I found this article very helpful concenring how the word of God is rightly divided

Peace

Chris R

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version