bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: death of a loved one---  (Read 6054 times)

leeney

death of a loved one---
« on: April 28, 2006, 10:10:10 AM »

Hello to you all, this is my first time posting.

I have been a Christian my whole life---whatever that means.  I have always believed in God, I have always known Jesus was the Christ.  I have always prayed.  I have always read the Bible and followed Jesus' teachings as I interpreted them.  

Right now I am in a terrible state.  I have seen death often, and tried to help people through it when it effected them.  I always had faith for them and tried to give them hope.  But now it has happened to me and I feel so lost.  My brother and I were one year apart in age.  We grew up together and were the best of buddies; did everything together.  He died a few weeks ago, suddenly and unexpectedly.  I hurt so bad.  I miss him so much.  I don't want him to be gone.  He was the most wonderful person and so many people loved him.  And my poor mom, to have to bury her child; I can't even imagine her pain.

This has really effected my faith.  I'm not angry at God, but I just don't understand why?  My brother was not old.  I have never understood about the afterlife.  I read the Bible but don't really understand.  I've listened to so many people who all contradict each other.  But how does anyone really know?  

Will I see my brother again when Jesus returns?  I guess that is my big question.  We are both Christians---or at least we tried to be, as much as we understood it.  I feel so lost.

leeney

hart4god

death of a loved one---
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 11:11:42 AM »

Hi,
I am new here also and have just lost a family member who was a father to me for the past 35 years. As he passed from this life- he was comforted by the words-"it is just a falling asleep". and when you awake to the trump and the vision of Lord Jesus- it will seem as if you only dozed off for a second! and we will all be together with Him. We do sorrow over the loss of his earthly life-we miss his smiling face! Yet, we have a HOPE! and a Comfort in His Love. and it is without FEAR!

I hope you can find Peace in God's Great Love for you brother and in the hope of seeing him again soon.
with love,
hart4god

Karen

Death of a loved one..
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 08:51:40 PM »

Leeney, what everyone has told you. Is true. I myself dont alway understand death. Why one is taken so young and another so old. But God has all things set in a time plan.  A time to be born, a time to laugh. A time to cry. A time to sow. A time to die. Everything has a set time in this life. So enjoy today,for we dont know about tomorrow. ~Karen~

love_magnified

death of a loved one---
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 09:04:27 PM »

Hi Leeny,
It is wonderful to have you in this forum. May God richly bless your heart. Sometimes it is hard to remember how fleeting our toubles are when we are going through them, like what you are experiencing with your brother passing. But I cannot stress enough how much there is to look forward to. I am sorry for your loss. And at the same time, since we are in Christ we have never lost anything. You will see your brother again, but you will see him in a new way, through perfect love with no fleshy divider or barrier. You will see him again when you are given all that Christ has been given from God, when you share in his glory. You will be so happy. And you will have power, love, strength and understanding beyond measure. Grieve for your brother, but look forward with great expectation to the days to come. If we suffer for the lord's sake, we will also inherit everything that is his. When this life is done, we will all be doing this:  \:D/

pzaviski2003

where in scripture?
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 10:12:12 PM »

Can someone help me? I want to see in scripture where it says we will remember each other in heaven.

orion77

death of a loved one---
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 12:28:32 AM »

Death of a family member or a dear friend is a grievous time, of which we can all relate.  After all, there is no escaping it.  So, the big question is why?  Why must we die?  Not only once, but twice.  We all, who truly follow Jesus, die to self, of which only few in each generation do, and this is by our Fathers will.  Also, this physical body will cease to exist, in Gods timing.  

This is where faith steps in, faith in the unseen, the unknown.  True faith is not in things we can see, but in the things we can not see.  And the faith is a gift from God.  Trust, faith, hope, love are things we can not see, but we know are there.  Just like the wind when it blows, we can feel it, but we know not where it comes from.  

I think that is why it is so important for us to overcome the physical.  Yet, when the death of a loved one occurs, it is hard, almost impossible for us to see beyond this life we have now, because of the connection we had with our loved one.  That physical connection we have with each other is symbolic of the oneness between God the Father and His Son.  

Death is a vital part to this life, albeit hard to fathom at times.  Even our Lord suffered death.  But, we who live now have  hope in the ressurection.  This is the basis of the Rock of our foundation.

Leeney, I hope this is of some comfort to you.  God loves you, your family, your friends and even your enemies.  So do we.

God bless,

Gary

leeney

Thank you all---
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 09:38:25 AM »

I want to thank all of you for your responses.  You are all so wonderful.  I must admit that my faith had always been so strong until this happened.  And then I started having these terrible thoughts----what if this isn't true after all?  What if dead is dead, and that is the end of it?  What if I will never see him again?  I was so ashamed to even be going this direction; felt like a babe in the spirit.  And yet, I couldn't shake it.  God has worked so many miracles in my life, and here I am doubting Him when something goes wrong.  How easily I succomb when the devil whispers these things in my ear.  He sneaks in any way he can, doesn't he, when we are at our weakest?

You all have helped tremendously, thankyou thankyou, I am so very grateful.  I must stay strong, not just for myself, but for all those around me who loved my brother.  My mom especially, needs all the support she can get.  She herself is a strong woman, but this has really knocked her down a notch.  

Thankyou again, sincerely.  
leeney

davey C.

death of a loved one---
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 09:48:19 AM »

Hi pzavaski,to answer your question I would like to see in scripture where we go up into some heaven,or that it is a certain place.They will remember there ways and loathe them and there own backsliding will reprove them.Consider Jn.16:4Is Was And Will Be primarily IS.EZ,36:31Jer.2:19 love davey c.hope  these help

pzaviski2003

thanks
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 10:34:58 AM »

God Bless, thanks all, daveyc. for specific

gmik

death of a loved one
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 08:31:27 PM »

Our daughter suffered a miscarriage yesterday.  We were quite saddened but know that it was God's will.  My question to anyone is do the unborn children get in the first resurrection or do they go thru the Great White Throne judgement?  Leeny, I am truly sorry for your loss.

alucard

Re: death of a loved one
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 09:05:51 PM »

Quote from: gmik
Our daughter suffered a miscarriage yesterday.  We were quite saddened but know that it was God's will.  My question to anyone is do the unborn children get in the first resurrection or do they go thru the Great White Throne judgement?  Leeny, I am truly sorry for your loss.

chances are that they go through the throne but only to be brought to god and not really any punishment.more as they will learn righteousness and be brought to glory and leeny i'm sorry about your loss i for one have witnessed death to many times and i'm used to it,but through it all its only made me stronger and it makes you apresiate people more while their here.

leeney

death of a loved one---
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 08:34:22 AM »

Gena,

My first pregancy was a miscarriage.  I grieved mostly for myself, for losing a child I wanted so much.  But I felt sure in God, that this baby had gone right back to Him--safe and sound and pure.  I never had any doubts of that.  

I don't know how far along your daughter was; I was at 4 months.  I think the further along you are, the harder it is, as the baby starts moving and you may have seen pictures, etc., your love has grown.  I hope she has a caring doctor.  Mine was great.  Hopefully they will be able to give you a reason for this, and set things right, in preparation for the future.

leeney
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.