bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Preacher and the Song Leader  (Read 4354 times)

Snowfire

The Preacher and the Song Leader
« on: November 24, 2007, 02:39:55 AM »

There was a church where the preacher and the song leader were not getting along. This began to spill over into the worship service. One week the preacher preached on commitment, and how we should dedicate ourselves to service. The song leader then led the song, I Shall Not Be Moved.

The next Sunday, the preacher preached on giving and how we should gladly give to the work of the Lord. The leader then led the song, Jesus Paid It All.

The next Sunday, the preacher preached on gossiping and how we should watch our tongues. The song leader then led the song, I Love To Tell The Story.

The preacher became very disgusted over the situation, and the next Sunday he told the congregation he was considering resigning. The song leader then led the song, Oh, Why Not Tonight.

As it came to pass, the preacher resigned and the next week informed the church that it was Jesus that led him there and it was Jesus that was taking him away. The song leader then led the song, What A Friend We Have In Jesus.

Beloved

Re: The Preacher and the Song Leader
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2007, 10:26:52 AM »

Pretty funny and it clearly demonsrates divisiveness of people and also the manipulation of the Word by christedom to make it fit self interests.

It seemed the pastor was trying to correct the situation but this sheep was not going to be led.... :D

Beloved

rjsurfs

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 11:08:28 AM »

That was really funny.  I like that one!
 :D

Sorin

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 12:57:13 PM »

Ha! Good one!  :D

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 04:04:27 PM »

Very funny!  ;D

It would not have happened like that in the last Church I came out of. The Worship Leader would have been fired! He works for the Pastor who is a rich farmer who employes most of his congregation :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.