bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Five Reasons to Be Thankful  (Read 5805 times)

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member

Matt

Re: Five Reasons to Be Thankful
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2007, 08:00:14 PM »

How true!  I am currently taking an interpersonal communications class online.  We just had a discussion about how powerful the media is in molding our perception of the world.  The media is not a service, it is a business. As a business, the media’s goal is to make money, and a nice story doesn't sell as well as a controversial one because it doesn't get as much attention.

Have a blessed day everyone!
Matt

musicman

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2007, 09:48:48 PM »

I don't share your optimism.  I can separate sensationalism from real news.  However, one of the big problems with the media is we're not hearing about what's really going on.  Free press is quickly becoming a thing of the past.  Gas prices are strangling those who are unfortunate enough to have to commute long distances.  Little is being done about this problem.  The housing market is a disaster.  The gap between the middle and upper class is widening.  We're being lied to every which way.  Government spending is atrocious in what the spending is for.  And to top it off, people are continuing to die for nothing.  I think were screwed!!  I guess God knows what he's doing though.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2007, 10:07:58 PM »

Here's a link about the price of oil.

http://list.carnegieendowment.org/t/257536/1247190/45720/0/

I think were screwed!!

I agree. I use to get upset but lately I realize all is of God. If we go down it's because it's part of the plan.

Here is a link for better news:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=AlJazeeraEnglish

I know AlJazerra is not liked in the US (hated?) but it is easily the best news program for what's going on in the world (at least the English language version. No idea what they say in Arabic). I'm fortunate enough to get via satellite on my TV.

Dennis

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2007, 01:50:43 AM »

...if we go down its because its part of the plan...

I believe that to arrive at that wisdom takes many lashings from life, many beatings from experience and many encounters with stark raving mad fear that God willing, changes our perceptions from living in idealisms of the world to living in the reality of Christ.

I like how Ray also exemplifies this in one of his audios wherein he states that he prays all the time and before going to sleep he thanks God for his Condo, his wife next to him and his comfortable bed, his fridge, air conditioning etc.... :)

How many in the world are enjoying the niceties and luxuries we have as we are being changed into His Image? Some are destitute and calloused with ego driving self approvals, wealth warping perceptions of what power or success is when actually peace and appreciation I believe are the blessings of His Spirit made manifest in our lives surrounded by times of worldly troubles that are going to get worse!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

jER

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 02:50:53 AM »

Personally, I am thankful for a hot shower, food on the table, and my Pillow!
Sometimes, you just have to pass gas (the price of oil).

"In everything be giving thanks, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

JER
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 03:03:20 AM by jER »

Chris R

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 09:36:52 AM »

Hi Jer,

I'm right there with ya!..that is, until somone or something takes that away.

I'll admit i dont watch much news, it doesnt take rocket science to figure out how bad things are getting.

But it all has a purpose, and there is nothing we can do to thwart that purpose, As in the days of Noah, so will be the days to come.

eeeekk.

Chris R

musicman

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 10:15:28 PM »

Why is God so p'd off at all of us anyway?  I thought the church was growing by millions every year.

Patrick

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 11:00:20 PM »

Honestly, I'm enjoying the price of crude oil; it is my only "source" of income at this time.

musicman

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2007, 01:25:31 AM »

Honestly, I'm enjoying the price of crude oil; it is my only "source" of income at this time.

That's crude!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 24 queries.