bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus Christ is, was and will be in every generation  (Read 5416 times)

Kat

Jesus Christ is, was and will be in every generation
« on: November 27, 2007, 10:15:53 PM »

This is a little snippet from the transcript of the Mobile conference, audio 5.  There is so much in it about the Apostles and the Scriptures they were writing. 

The is, was and is to come aspect of Jesus Christ has been brought out in another thread, so I thought I would would start a new topic, as Ray gave some insight into this subject.  There is much more about this on the audio/transcript.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,5815.0.html ------------

I’ll give you a little insight into Revelation.  This book is the testimony of Jesus Christ, which is the Spirit of prophecy. 

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show unto His servants, even the things which must shortly(quickly) come to pass: and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John;
v. 2  who bare witness of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, even of all things that he saw.
v. 3  Blessed is he that reads, and they that hear the words of the prophecy, and keep the things that are written therein: for the time is at hand.
v. 4  John to the seven churches that are in Asia:
Rev 1:8  I am the Alpha and the Omega, says the Lord God, who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty.

He just keeps repeating this over and over.  That He existed, He was killed, resurrected and He now is and He will come.  Everything in this book is and was and will come, see.  To every generation who reads this, He’s coming to you.  He came in the pass, He is coming now, He’ll come in the future.   How does this happen quickly?

It happens to you when you are born and have grown up big enough to read these pages and God opens up your mind.   Then you have just so long to change your life, get rid of the beast, get rid of the carnality in you.  That’s got to be done quickly, because at best we live, you know….well some of us live longer, but you live to maybe 80.  If I live to be 130, my life would just now be half over with.  Think about it. 

So Jesus Christ is, was and will be in every generation, that was and is now and will be.  This is a work in progress.  This is about US. 

Listen when they are closing the lid, it’s your last generation, you know.  I don’t care if you were born in the 300’s or 800’s or 1600’s or 1900’s, that’s all you get, that short period of time.  So these thing have to be done quickly.
v
v
Acts 1:7  And He said to them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father has put in His own power.

This was the last time, before He was taken up into heaven, out of sight.  The Father knows, but in Rev 1:1 you have, “God gave Him (Jesus Christ)” that revelation.

God gave the revelation to Jesus Christ.  The whole book of Revelation is that testimony of Jesus Christ and has everything to do with His coming in us and coming back to the world. 

Rev 5:10  And You made us kings and priests to our God, and we will reign over the earth.

He coming back to use us to convert all the nations, we will be kings and priests and we will reign with Him and it says on the earth for 1000 years.

Rev 20:4  …And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

But it is not a 1000 years, that’s a symbol for something.  I think I know what that something is now.  I know when the 1000 years ends.  But that is another subject for another time. 
-----------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Jesus Christ is, was and will be in every generation
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 05:48:35 PM »

Hello Kat

Thank you for posting this excerpt.

Ray writes "Judgement is not reserved exclusively for the wicked..."http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html

For some  NOW is judgement now on the House of God and for others in the LOF.

Quoting Ray:
And so judgment is upon the building of God’s house as each individual believer is framed and fitted for the calling that God has for each individual. This judgment began in the days of the Apostles after the resurrection of our Lord. It continued generation after generation down through the age until today when it yet continues. And it will continue still further until the entire harvest of firstfruits is completed. Remember we already learned that if we would judge ourselves now, Paul said we would not be condemned with the world later (I Cor. 11:32).http://bible-truths.com/lake6.html

I believe this also may unite with Christ being Is, Was and Is to come Who is ONE Christ and Who is not over there yesterday, partially present today and coming tomorrow.  Could it be that some will see ONE Christ as yesterday and no tomorrow LOF direction and others will see ONE as yesterday today and Is to come Judgement NOW as ONE and so be spared from the condemnation with the world later?

Compare that the yesterday today and tomorrow Alpha and Omega of Christs being. Is this beingness  perhaps  more visible to those  who walk in judgment now than to others for whom this is invisible to  be revealed later through the LOF? Perhaps there is some connection? I believe there could be.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 05:50:43 PM by Arcturus »

fe32k

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »

TIMELY post Kat!! I wanted to ask a question in the three days three nights post but I was afraid it would derail the thread. This "was, is and will be" doctrine that Ray has been teaching us has been applied by many here quite loosely, I think. Where in fact does this apply? To all the scriptures or to revelations only or to Jesus words only? In regards to the "three nights three days" thread, I do not think it is applicable. I see people use this as a fixed formula for all scripture and I do not think it is, I also don't think that that is how Ray intends to teach it (But of course I can ask him and probably will). I just think people should be careful when applying a certain formula to all scripture because things do not always work out that way unless stated. God is performing a strange work here and it is not governed by a simple specific formula. Sure we should always see the spiritual of God's word, but even a "spiritual" interpretation can be misinterpreted. I could be 100% wrong here of course, but I think it's a legitimate question to discuss and get clear.

God be with you,
Roy

Kat

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 09:50:33 PM »

Hi Arcturus,

Compare that the yesterday today and tomorrow Alpha and Omega of Christs being. Is this beingness  perhaps  more visible to those  who walk in judgment now than to others for whom this is invisible to  be revealed later through the LOF?

I think that Christ is everything to humanity, alpha and omega, the beginning and the end, first and the last, who lives and was dead and alive for evermore, who is, was and is to come. 
And as you suggest, I think He is only visible, known or is truely a reality to His chosen few. 
I think many have come to know Him in a superficial way. They have read about Him in the Bible, prayed to Him, but I do not think they have a relationship with Him.  They are destined for the LOF, where they will come to know Him.

Mat 7:21  "Not everyone who says to Me, "Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
Mat 7:23  And then I will declare to them, "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'

Hi Roy, this is the way I look at this.  If the spirit of Jesus Christ is indwell in any living person, He 'is' to them, now in this life.  If His spirit was indwelling in a person who is now dead, He 'was' for them, but is not right now while they sleep.  For those people who His spirit will be indwelling in the future, He 'will be' for them.  The is, was and is to come, is applied to all of humanity, but it is over the course of time.  It began at Pentecost when the Holy Spirit was first sent and will not end until all have received it.
That is the simplistic way I look at it  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

joyful1

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 09:56:44 PM »

Hi Kat.... :D

the above included this:

"But it is not a 1000 years, that’s a symbol for something.  I think I know what that something is now.  I know when the 1000 years ends.  But that is another subject for another time."

my question is this....does ANYONE have a clue as to what he means by that?

sincerely with love,
Joyce

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 02:04:40 AM »

Thanks Kat for the scriptures and insight.

Joyful1, I can not second guess Ray. He is unique!

As for what Ray wrote that you bring forward for discussion, what comes to my mind is that once every knee shall bow and Christ turns over the Kingdom and Himself back to God, I personally believe it is then that His reign will end and God will be all in all. This might be what Ray means  but I/we can not be sure.

I find that Ray can say a small sentence and invariably it is jam packed with rich invitations to think more, search more and discover more about God. Pretty wonderful hey! We are so blessed that Ray shares what he is thinking and seeing with us and that this Forum exists.

I too find it thought provoking  that Ray states that he knows when the 1000 years ends. Rather like knowing the end from the beginning and in that there is a teaching hidden and waiting to emerge also I think! We humans see from the physical and then the spiritual. Does God see from the Spiritual through to the beginning? Maybe He sees from both perspectives while man sees only from one side while and as man is in carnal bondage to vanity until God delivers him.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Chris R

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 08:29:13 AM »

Hi Kat,

Thanks for the article, i have given a little thought to the thousand year rule, but i don't have any idea what the thousand year parable might be, I can tell you that Scripture has long since told us that Christ will rule and what happens to cause this rule to end.

For he must reign [1 Cor 15:25]

Then he rules

And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all. [1Cr 15:28]

Then he sets down his rule 

It is between these verse's that are the thousand year rule and the scriptures seem to be silent, speaking only yet another parable.

But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.  [2Pe 3:8]

I hope Ray writes about it in the future.

Peace

Chris R

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 20 queries.