bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Matt 28:19  (Read 5042 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Matt 28:19
« on: November 28, 2007, 08:47:15 AM »

Hi L Ray

I have a question on which I'm not sure about. The other day someone said to me that Matt 28:19 were only given to the disciples and that it is not for the church as a whole.

Is there any truth in it or is it a lie?

Blessings

Dear Gerhard:  Learn to think and to use your mind and to pay close attention to the words and to think about the meaning of the words, etc.  Let's read Matt. 28:19 together:

Mat 28:19-20-- Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Notice that they were to go to all nations.  Did the original apostles go to "all nations?  No, of course they didn't, so how could this be fulfilled in their short lives?  Then it is stated:  "...baptizing them in the name of the FATHER, and of the SON, and of the HOLY SPIRIT..."  Did the Apostles EVER baptize ANYONE in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit?  No, no they didn't. They baptized in the name of Jesus only.  Therefore, this section of your Bible is not even Scripture in the first place.

Next Jesus say, "...lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world [Gk: aion--age]."  Did the age end when the Apostles died?  No, no it didn't, and so neither has the command to "teach all nations."

God be with you,
Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.