bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opened my eyes  (Read 4371 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Opened my eyes
« on: November 28, 2007, 08:49:26 AM »

Hello, Mr. Smith. I am a Church of Christ member and have been for over 30 years. I was also raised in a Church of Christ home where my dad was an elder and a preacher for 40 years. I must admit your scriptural reasoning has made more since to me than all the years of CofC preaching that I've heard my entire life. I am nearing 50 years of age now and have been experiencing a great deal of doubt, spiritually.
I investigated a web site that intrigued me where an ex-CofC preacher had turned atheist. I was shaken by some of the things I read and it caused a flood of old memories to come rushing back. I had suppressed things in order to please others, family, and make life more bearable.
I was baptized into Christ with water baptism, immersion, and for the past 30 years have been living a LIE!

Your site was so refreshing to me and for the first time I realized the Bible does make sense, it's people who mess it up!
With great caution I have tried to show and illustrate some of the truths taught, from your material, to a few of my closest brethren but I met with stubborn refusal to give up a life long doctrine. The teaching you presented on Hell was particularly interesting!!! I, through your instruction, have begun to study with a greater desire to search out the wonderful truths of God's Plan For Man.

I still assemble with the Church but with a better understanding of what God wants and commands.

Thank you so much!!!

Ed
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.