bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Psalm 136  (Read 4350 times)

bwstaircase89

Psalm 136
« on: November 28, 2007, 08:32:55 PM »

Don't know if this was posted or not, but I will share it anyway!  :)

Anyone remember this Psalm?

1 Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good.
       His love endures forever.

2 Give thanks to the God of gods.

3 Give thanks to the Lord of lords:

4 to him who alone does great wonders,

5 who by his understanding made the heavens,

6 who spread out the earth upon the waters,

7 who made the great lights—

8 the sun to govern the day,

9 the moon and stars to govern the night;

10 to him who struck down the firstborn of Egypt

11 and brought Israel out from among them

12 with a mighty hand and outstretched arm;

13 to him who divided the Red Sea [a] asunder

14 and brought Israel through the midst of it,

15 but swept Pharaoh and his army into the Red Sea;

16 to him who led his people through the desert,

17 who struck down great kings,

18 and killed mighty kings—

19 Sihon king of the Amorites

20 and Og king of Bashan—

21 and gave their land as an inheritance,

22 an inheritance to his servant Israel;

23 to the One who remembered us in our low estate

24 and freed us from our enemies,

25 and who gives food to every creature.

26 Give thanks to the God of heaven.

(NIV)

It's interesting that his love (or mercy as the KJV translates it) endures FOREVER. Now, how can his love endure forever if he is torturing most of his children in fire forever?

Theologian: Well, God loves for sure! But he is also just. (Hell is just, huh?) He loves everyone. (The best way to show you love someone is to throw them into a furnace.)

I love when I find something like this in the Scriptures!

I was looking on gotquestions.org the other day and this interesting question came up:

"Does God love everyone or just Christians?"

Good question! Now, check out the answer! The person basically says that God loves everyone, even non-christians. Oh Really? Not according to most of Christendom!

"Does God love everyone? Yes. Does God love Christians more than He loves non-Christians? No. Does God love Christians differently than He loves non-Christians? Yes. God loves everyone equally in that He is merciful to all. God only loves Christians in that Christians have His eternal grace and mercy – the promise of His forever love in Heaven. It is God’s love for all that should draw us all to receive His eternal love."

If (according to their theory) God loves everyone the same, then why does he ELECT some to be saved and some to be DAMNED? Once again, I know this isn't true in the sense that God doesn't predestine anyone to eternal torture. But, according to John Calvin, thats what he does! See what I mean? They (Christendom) can't say God loves everyone equally, they have to LIE!

Just thought I'd share that!

Love,

Pat

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 08:35:13 PM by bwstaircase89 »

Matt

Re: Psalm 136
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 11:16:48 PM »

How true!
It is sometimes difficult for me, having just come out of this way of thinking, to see everyone as liars.  Though the more I learn here, the less offensive it sounds to me.  I understand now that most do not lie on purpose, but they lie non the less.  I do not understand why God does things the way he does, but I am glad that I know He IS just and He IS love.

Years ago in Catholic H.S., I used to imagine myself asking God "why hell?, why do the opposite of what Jesus taught?", and I could never imagine Him coming up with a good enough answer. 

I feel privileged and honored to have the truth revealed to me here and with all of you!!!! :)

Matt

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 02:40:45 PM »

Hello Pat

I see what you are saying. It made me think of this list you might enjoy from http://bible-truths.com/lake2.html  Quote:

THEY SPEAK WITH FORKED TONGUE

Most all Christian theologians would claim to believe the first statement of Scriptural Truth that I present below, especially when I cite a Scripture verse with it, but they will then contradict and refuse to teach the second statement of Truth. Here are a few examples:

Do they believe the fire in I Cor.3:15 burns mans’ works, but not the man himself? Yes.

But do they teach that this same fire in Rev.20:15 also burns works, not the man? No.

Do they believe that God is the Creator of ALL? Yes.

But do they teach that God created EVIL as He says in (Isa. 45:7)? No.

Do they believe that God is absolutely and totally sovereign (Eph. 1:11)? Yes.

But do they teach that God exercises sovereignty over man’s supposed "free" will? No.

Do they believe that Jesus Christ IS the Saviour of the whole world (I Jn 4:14)? Yes.

But do they teach that Jesus Christ will SAVE the whole world? No.

Do they believe that presently Christ only has immortality (I Tim. 6:16)? Yes.

But do they teach the truth therefore that men’s souls are mortal and not immortal? No.

Do they believe that the original manuscripts of God’s Word were inerrant? Yes.

But do they teach us that the King James translation, which they say is "inerrant" has gone through THOUSANDS of error corrections since 1611? No.

Do they believe that the soul that sins shall DIE (Ezek. 18:4)? Yes.

But do they teach that souls of deceased sinners are actually DEAD? No.

Do they believe there are many cults today that need exposing? Yes.

But do they teach that Christendom, by its OWN definitions, is also a cult? No.

Do they believe that Sodom is "suffering the vengeance of eternal [aeonian] fire? Yes.

But do they teach that Sodom will be restored to their former estate (Ezek. 16:55)? No.

Do they believe in a future resurrection of dead people back to life (John 5:29)? Yes.

But do they teach that a resurrection is imperative for dead people to live again? No.

Do they believe the first half of I Cor. 15:22 that "For as in Adam ALL die?" Yes.

But do they teach the last half, "even so in Christ shall ALL be made alive?" No.

Do they believe that "...the end of the world [Gk: aion -- age]" ends in Mat. 24:3? Yes.

But do they teach that this same "aion -- age" in Matt. 25:41 & 46 will also end. No.

Do they believe that Jn 3:13 & Acts 2:34 are truthful Scripture (II Tim. 3:16)? Yes.

But do they teach this truth that "NO man," including David, has gone to heaven? No.

Do they believe ALL God purposed, spoke, and willed (Isa. 46:10-11), He will do? Yes.

But do they teach that God’s "will" to save all, I Tim. 2:4, etc., will be done? No.

Do they believe that Satan lied when he told Eve, "thou shalt not surely die?" Yes.

But do they teach the truth that sinners really do DIE at death as God has stated? No.

Do they believe that the Apocryphal books do not belong in the Bible? Yes.

But do they teach us that the 1611 so-called "inerrant" King James Bible contained fourteen such books, including "Tobit," "Judith," "The idol Bel and the Dragon"? No.

Do they believe that Christ is totally responsibility for our salvation? Yes.

But do they teach that "no man can" come to Christ of himself (John 6:44)? No.

Do they believe that Satan is the greatest sinner of all? Yes.

But do they teach Jn. 8:44 which states that Satan "sinned from the beginning?" No.

Do they believe Christ really died for the sins of the world? Yes.

But do they teach that Jesus Christ was dead when they placed Him in the tomb? No.

Do they believe the many Scriptures that liken death to "sleep?" Yes.

But do they teach that dead people are unconscious, "sleeping" till resurrection? No.

Do they believe that the last enemy to be destroyed [Gk: abolished] is death? Yes.

But do they teach that ALL death, including the second death, will be abolished? No.

Do they believe that all things are possible with God (Mark 10:27)? Yes.

But do they teach that it is possible for God to save nonbelievers after they die? No.

Do they believe that every tongue in heaven and earth will confess Jesus as LORD? Yes.

But do they teach that the Holy Spirit inspires this sincere voluntary act (I Cor. 12:3)? No.

Do they believe that good and evil are both in the same tree of knowledge? Yes

But do they teach that good and evil both come from the same root source? No.

Do they believe that God absolutely "knows all" (I John 3:20)? Yes.

But do they teach that God knows in advance ALL who will reject Christ? No.

Do they believe that God’s love will never fail (I Cor. 13:8)? Yes.

But do they teach that God’s love will never fail in saving the world He loves? No.

Do they believe the apostles spoke in foreign languages in Acts 2:4-11? Yes.

But do they teach that of the hundreds of thousands who claim to speak in tongues today, not one of them can speak in multiple languages which they did not already study? No.

Do they believe that the masses did not understand Christ’s parables (Mat. 13:13)? Yes.

But do they teach that Christ purposely didn’t want them to understand, (Vs. 14-17)? No.

Do they believe the Old Covenant contained the Ten Commandments (Deut.4:12)? Yes.

But do they teach a New Covenant which contains a much higher law (Heb. 8:8-9)? No.

Do they believe that God created all the spirits and messengers of heaven? Yes.

But do they teach that God also created Satan who was always His adversary? No.

Do they believe that loving our enemies means doing good and not evil to them? Yes.

But do they teach that God will never subject His enemies to eternal torture and evil? No.

There seems to be no end to the Scriptural contradictions of Christian beliefs. But we can learn from their mistakes. It is good for us that God makes us dig deep for the precious gems of His word. It really is like searching for hidden treasure. And I have never found a hidden treasure in God’s Word that has disappointed me. Each new discovery brings more appreciation for God and His plan of salvation for all.

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

bwstaircase89

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 06:25:05 PM »

Part 2 of the LoF is exactly what I thought of when I posted this!

The LoF has alot of info but is the most eye-opening series I have read in a long time!

Pat
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.