bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lot's Wife  (Read 5087 times)

Becky

Lot's Wife
« on: April 28, 2006, 11:25:20 PM »

OK... I understand why Lot's wife should not have looked back at Sodom but can anyone help me see if there is some spiritual signifigance to her specifically turning into a PILLAR OF SALT??    :-k

Thanks everyone!

Becky

alucard

Lot's Wife
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 12:12:03 AM »

yes i've heard of a spiritual side to the story.

the idea was that people would abandon their ways that were not right in the eyes of god like pagan religions,theft,ect. and never turn back such as we are not suppose to go back to the chuch after we leave it and the moral of what she did was that she turned back toward the evil city of sodom and thus payed for it.

Now for turning to salt i'm not really sure that holds any spirtual reference but i'll look and tell you if i find something

alucard

Lot's Wife
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 12:35:28 AM »

i couldn't find anything to important about salt but here's what i could find.

Several questions are proposed concerning Lot's wife being changed into a pillar of salt. Some suggest that being surprised and suffocated with fire and smoke, she remained in place, as immovable as a rock of salt.

Others say that a column or monument of salt stone was erected on her grave, or that she was stifled in the flame and became a monument of salt to posterity; that is, a permanent and durable monument of her impudence

Finally, a literal interpretation is that she was suddenly petrified and changed into a statue of rock salt, which is a soft rock or a halite.

The alleged name of Lot's wife is Edith.

eutychus

Re: Lot's Wife
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 10:55:22 AM »

Quote from: Becky
OK... I understand why Lot's wife should not have looked back at Sodom but can anyone help me see if there is some spiritual signifigance to her specifically turning into a PILLAR OF SALT??    :-k

Thanks everyone!

Becky

Luk 9:62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Luk 9:51 And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,

Jhn 11:25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

Becky

Lot's Wife
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 12:28:34 PM »

Interesting, thank you... that's what i was thinking.. i looked at the hebrew translations this morning and this helped me too... Does this sound right?

Pillar of salt=established as disappearing as dust/pulverized

pillar
H5324
נצב
nâtsab
naw-tsab'
A primitive root; to station, in various applications (literally or figuratively): - appointed, deputy, erect, establish, X Huzzah [by mistake for a proper name], lay, officer, pillar, present, rear up, set (over, up), settle, sharpen, stablish, (make to) stand (-ing, still, up, upright), best state.

salt
H4414
מלח
mâlach
maw-lakh'
A primitive root; properly to rub to pieces or pulverize; intransitively to disappear as dust; also (as denominative from H4417) to salt whether internally (to season with salt) or externally (to rub with salt): -  X at all, salt, season, temper together, vanish away.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 16 queries.