bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4273 times)

markn902

Hello
« on: December 02, 2007, 02:19:54 PM »

Hi everybody this is my first post on the forum. I am intrigued by what I have read so far on the website and I have a question. What are other people doing about church? are people getting together?
what advice would you give someone who believes the truths on the website and doesn't want a part of churchs preaching lies..but still wants to go to church? any good ones out there?

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 03:03:39 PM »

Hello Markn902

It was difficult for me to leave the Church as I believe it may be for others to let go of that sentimental sensual feeling of belonging. This is one of the needs psychologically of humankind. So it is no small thing to be separated from the Church of Christiandom that plays on this "feeling" and sentimentality.

We here in BT on this Forum are scattered throughout the world. I am in South Africa and may not have the opportunity of EVER meeting anyone physically but I can say I do know that my brothers and sisters here have the unity of spirit in belief and acceptance of what we have been taught here through the rich teachings and revelations freely given to us here through our teacher who is Ray Smith.

Here are a few links you may like to consider

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4591.0.html

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3446.0.html

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1304.0.html

WELCOME TO THE FORUM!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

markn902

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 04:45:52 PM »

Thanks for the links  ;)

GODSown1

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2007, 04:58:22 PM »

Hey! sup! Markn902,
                         Jus a quick Welcum!! 2 da Forum, its so Awesum! how GOD is bringn (draggn) woteva!  ;D all here 2 dis forum, 1 feelz so Blessed!  :D, I hear wot U r sayn (brother/sister??)  :) , I believe woteva! U feel GOD is inspiring/ prompting U 2 do, den Id say u would do it (Obedience), well n e wayz woteva U do it Will b of GOD, well welcum again great 2 meet U, Peace 2 U & urZ...
                          muchLOVE!! Pera

iris

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2007, 05:57:58 PM »

Hi Markn902,

Peace and Love
Iris

Phil3:10

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2007, 06:12:15 PM »

Welcome Markn902,
It was most difficult for me to leave the so called established church. I just began to realize that GOD was never there. My leaving has however been the best thing to happen to me spiritually as it directed me to this site and to other studies which confirmed to me lies of Mystery Babylon. Church is not a place you go, church (ecclesia) is within you. This forum will open many opportunities for you as it has for me.
Phil3:10

markn902

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2007, 06:21:21 PM »

Thanks for all the welcomes
I am ok with not going to church myself I really was thinking more about my little boy. I really do not know how to do this as I was raised as a JW and I feel like that got me close to God as a young person.
I want to do the right thing as a parent. Oh well I guess life isn't supposed to be easy!

rk12201960

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 06:51:28 PM »

Hi Mark and welcome.
As a JW you know how hard it was in school. You know the birthday thing holidays etc....
Just think your child won't be pointed at and made fun of. I know fellowship at the Kingdom Hall must have been a big part in your life and all so you know how to get around the holidays and stuff, you just have to go one step futher and plan  things for your kids  with Jehovah's help as this is the true place where Jehovah directs not Babylon the great.

Here is where you can "make the truth your own." (that was my favorite song)
we have great brothers and sisters here and I'm sure you will draw off of their wisdom as we will with yours, we all fit together.
Anyway, God bless you and yours and hope to see more posts from you.

Randy
« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 06:56:22 PM by Randy »

Kat

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2007, 09:32:20 PM »

Hi Mark,

I am glad you have joined us here  :)
The church was a big part of my life for many years.  I am not bitter now, because I learned a very valuable lesson while there.  I learned first hand of the deception that they are under, I don't think I could have understood it so well if I had not experienced it.
About your child being in church.  I think your parents believed the church was teaching you the truth as a child.  But you know it is the synagogue of Satan  :P  That hour or two that your child would be with them, I think would be better spent with you teaching him.  I'm sure you could find some good children's books to use.  But mainly pray for guidance.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Beloved

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2007, 01:56:06 PM »

Hi Mark

I am way behind in my hello's ...computer glitches

MARK

Read Read Read, Pray Pray Pray Study Study Study Post Post Post

All of us are Followers of Christ and all of us are learning to be members of His Body so like Paul   

Phi 2:2 
Fulfill ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind

Beloved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.