bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bible Software  (Read 7381 times)

Fabruk

Bible Software
« on: December 02, 2007, 09:44:23 PM »

Hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows any good Bible software or Bible sites where we can get the translations Ray uses in his studies.
If there is a software that would be awesome because i think carrying 5 different versions of Bible whenever you are on a work trip is quite hard.
I will appreciate any help.
May God bless  you all .
Fabio

Gregor

Re: Bible Software
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 10:55:11 PM »

Here's a couple sites you may find helpful:
www.biblegateway.com
www.concordant.org

ciy

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2007, 11:22:50 PM »

E-Sword is great. 

Fabruk

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »

Thank you guys, I got Esword but I was wondering if you can get the versions Ray uses on Esword. Does anyone know?

psalmsinger

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2007, 08:03:08 AM »

McClintock and Stong's Cyclopedia is a 25 volume bible encyclopedia available on cd for around $25.  For the money it is the best bible history that I have found. It is in Adobe Acrobat format.   http://www.ageslibrary.com/

I have used E-Sword with all of it's attachments as well and it is good, but  I mostly stick with Biblesoft out of habit I guess.  I'm thinking to get the concordant version one of these days.  I really like the translation and I'm hoping they will finish the Old Testament in my lifetime. 

Barbara

Fabruk

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2007, 05:42:36 PM »

Thank you for the link Barbara, I also like the Concordant translation. Hope people will get used to it soon.
God Bless

fe32k

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »

I hate reading the concordant version. It is boring and requires a 2200 on the SAT's to understand. I normally read the KJV and reference the Concordant along with other bibles like rotherhams, Young's, Diagolott, etc. The CLV is available on E-sword, just not sure if it is a legal version so I won't post it here until I am sure.

Peace bros and sis's,
Roy

GODSown1

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2007, 05:46:08 PM »

Woow! Roy  :D,
                    Strong word hate lol!  ;D, But! wow! Thanks All, I needed more stuff 2 study wit  :D, yep! GOD Bless uZ All...
                    muchLOVE!! Pera

Evan600

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2007, 09:35:42 PM »

This is a link that I found a while back.  Now I have pretty much every version that I've needed so far.

http://www.esnips.com/web/Modules/

I was most interested in Rotherham, which is on this site.

Hope this helps!

- Jason

Chris R

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2007, 06:59:25 AM »

Hello Folks,

I have learned that once you discover four basic principles in each of these translations, you can use any of them to learn.

1). God has not endowed mankind with a "free will".

2). God will not burn anyone in a literal fire for all eternity.

3). God is sovereign, in that He is the creator of Evil and Good.

4). All bibles are translations, and have mistakes, errors, and need to be studied and not just casually read.

Anytime a translation crosses over these four principles, then it is worth the study to see what is being said.

I mostly read the King James version, [ because it is the most popular] and find it a masterful piece, very well written, in a very poetic manner, Once you can see passed the mistranslated words of "Hell", "Eternal", Destruction, Damnation and a few other mistranslations, the book really does come alive.

www.blueletterbible.com

Is fairly good, but the commentaries are opinions from Christian ministers, pastors, and clergy, and offer little help as to truth.

Chris R

chav

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 07:27:07 AM »

Hi Fabio

Here is a useful link http://www.scripture4all.org as well as the original hebrew/greek you get the AV but you can also add Concordant and Young's literal translation as a comparison
If you have PDA you can also get a download of Rotherams MKJV from
 http://www.olivetree.com

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.