bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great exciting news  (Read 6549 times)

Kevin

Great exciting news
« on: April 29, 2006, 02:04:37 AM »

I was flipping through the channels and I came across Benny Hinn talking. If we call in right now and plant our seed with his ministry for the Lords work we will get a wonderful free gift, a scene from the cross(that would be 200.00 please). For a wonderful gift of 35.00 we get a wonderful DVD. He said when we plant our seed we will be protected even during famine.
How sad :cry:

Joey Porter

Great exciting news
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 02:11:53 AM »

I wonder what Benny would do with this passage:

1 Timothy 6
3If anyone teaches false doctrines and does not agree to the sound instruction of our Lord Jesus Christ and to godly teaching, 4he is conceited and understands nothing. He has an unhealthy interest in controversies and quarrels about words that result in envy, strife, malicious talk, evil suspicions 5and constant friction between men of corrupt mind, who have been robbed of the truth and who think that godliness is a means to financial gain.

alucard

Great exciting news
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 02:37:23 AM »

yeah i've watched many ministries and so many have really made me angry becuase they can really hurt people.i don't know how many times i've heard them ask for insane amounts of money even quoting"even if it's your last dollar give your seed and all your problems will melt away". and hey here's some information on benny hinn i bet many don't know about or ignore.

There is not an area of Hinn's Christian doctrine, ministry practice, or even his personal background, which has not been the subject of controversy. At least one book, The Confusing World of Benny Hinn (ISBN 1-885591-94-2), published by Personal Freedom Outreach, is devoted solely to various issues surrounding Hinn and his ministry, and PFO's Quarterly Journal usually has at least one article devoted to the latest controversy surrounding Hinn. The Sword of the Lord also has a book for sale devoted to Hinn, and virtually every Christian counter-cult, watchdog, and apologetics teacher and ministry has extensive information and critique of Hinn.

As a proponent of Word of faith doctrine, Hinn is subject to the criticisms that accompany the viewpoint. These include; unsound Biblical doctrine, exploitation of the poor, a heavy reliance on personal "health and wealth," and so on. Also, his support of faith healing brings the accompanying criticisms of that viewpoint. Allegedly, Hinn visits the grave of Kathryn Kuhlman to receive the 'anointing' from God, and has been accused of practicing divination.

Investigations and exposés
In 2000, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's show Witness ran a two-part series about purported faith healers Benny Hinn and Reinhard Bonnke.

On November 3, 2004, the CBC's the fifth estate ran an exposé on Benny Hinn, revealing reports of fraudulent activity on his part.

Dateline NBC also ran an exposé on Hinn in December 27, 2002 and aired a follow-up investigation on March 6, 2005, which alleged that Hinn lives a lavish lifestyle, that his ministry uses only a small percentage of its revenues for charitable purposes and that claims of successful faith healing are unsubstantiated and, in some cases, false. Hinn responded to the allegations in detail in a letter on March 10, 2004. The allegations, however, are hard to validate, since Hinn's ministry claims a "church" tax exemption, as opposed to a religious non-profit exemption, which exempts Hinn and his ministry from having to reveal financial records (see below regarding an investigation into such exemption). Hinn lives in an oceanfront hacienda in Dana Point, California valued at $8.5-million. [2] [3]

The Dallas Morning News reported in July 2005 that Hinn was being investigated by the Internal Revenue Service as to his ministry's tax exempt status, specifically its designation as a church. Under IRS regulations, non-profit organizations must file for a "letter of determination" as to tax-exempt status and annually report information as to donations, expenses and salaries. However, churches are specifically exempt from reporting requirements, and do not need to file for a "letter of determination". However, they may simply claim tax-exempt status; the IRS must then prove otherwise.

The Trinity Foundation, a self-proclaimed "watchdog ministry" headed by Ole Anthony, states that its investigation "proves" that Hinn's ministry does not meet IRS guidelines for church designation, specifically that Hinn does not conduct "regular public worship services" at his headquarters (which Hinn lists as the church address; however, according to Anthony and Trinity Foundation access to the facility is highly restricted and not open to the public) or at any other location that Anthony or Trinity Foundation have been able to determine.

There is, in fact, a "World Healing Center Church" that operates in California under the leadership of Hinn's son-in-law Michael Koulianos and daughter Jessica.

The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported in August 2005 that the Tarrant County Appraisal District (responsible for determining the assessed value of real estate for tax purposes and for granting property tax exemptions) was reviewing whether Hinn's facility in Grapevine met the requirements for a property tax exemption. Specifically, the review would focus on whether the "church" designation, the same one Anthony and Trinity Foundation claim is false, was used to claim an exemption to which Hinn's ministry may not have been entitled. The review was requested by Anthony and Trinity Foundation.

Hinn's ministry has confirmed the validity of the reports regarding the IRS and Tarrant County reviews, but accused Trinity Foundation and Anthony of attempting to destroy "all Christian ministries in general" and specifically Hinn's.

Joey Porter

Great exciting news
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2006, 02:51:10 AM »

Here's a youtube link to a clip of Benny Hinn's luxurioius spending being exposed on NBC Dateline, as mentioned above.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgyZpea2d8c&search=benny%20hinn

bowlbyx

Great exciting news
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2006, 10:43:58 AM »

Matt 6:1-2
6:1 Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2 Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward .
KJV

shibboleth

Great exciting news
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2006, 11:07:48 AM »

I have done some research on Hinn and other so-called "faith {fake} healers." One thing they all have in common is a charismatic personality. They can change their tone of voice and speech patterns to make you fell comfortable with them. If you are poor, they will appeal to your desire to be rich. If you are sick, they appeal to your desire to be well. They will sypathize with you on anything that is wrong with you. They are very good at putting on a persona that will make you feel good. I never could understand how people could be taken in by their shenanigans. I figured they must be desparated to go to such lengths for healing or wealth.

James Randi wrote a book called "Faith Healers" in the 1980's. Mr Randi went into these faith healers shows and exposed their phoney healing services. Many of the people in wheelchairs were  people who could either walk or planted there to bring about a so-called healing. You will never see a person paralyzed from the neck down on stage.  You will never see anyone who is blind on stage for healing. When a follow up is done on many of these healed people, it is found some have died and most have gone back to the Drs. because their sickness returned.

When Jesus healed it wasn't at a proposed time and place. He was just at a place when a blind man needed healing, or the woman with the issue of blood, or the dead girl he raised. He didn't pick and choose his sick people. It was an encounter set up by God, but there was no trickery involved.

Peter Popoff was shown to be a fake when James Randi exposed that he had a hearing aid in his ear and his wife was feeding him information about the sick people so Peter could call them out for their healing. How did Peter know about these peoples sicknesses? Before the show, someone from Peters organization was sent out to ask questions of the crowd of people waiting outside to get into the auditorium. Many people told the plant what their illness was, where they lived, and other information. The plant would write this down and Peters wife would give him the information at the right time. Peters ministry was exposed by James Randi on the Johnny Carson show many years ago. He lost credibility along with donations. But guess what? He is now back on television again giving away his miracle spring water.

Leroy Jenkins also was a faith healer in the 1980's who kind of faded away but he's back on tv again. These phony hucksters have never had to work a real job, so they are going to milk this cow for every last drop.

The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil. And I believe the worst kind of evil is to use Gods name to decieve people so they will give you money. Benny, Peter and Leroy are really just entertainers. People attend their services to have a feeling and to be entertained. I don't think many of the people who attend, actually think about why they are there. The American people want entertainment, and there are plenty of people to provide.

longhorn

Great exciting news
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2006, 12:20:57 PM »

Even with ALL this known by the general public, his FOLLOWERS are still in the millions.  

Love in Christ
Longhorn

gmik

great exciting news
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2006, 08:50:16 PM »

Thanks for that youtube link. Unbelievable....and yet it was not that long ago that I thought these hucksters were entitled......lavish lifestyles indeed....greed and avarice....and the love of money is the root of all evil.

Kevin

Great exciting news
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2006, 09:01:57 PM »

I remember about 14 or 15 yrs ago, Me and my wife use to watch Benny Hinn all the time along with the rest of TBN. I use to always think, If I get sick I would just get B.H. to heal me. What was I thinking? I feel for those that get taken in as I did. May God reveal to them the truth behind all these guys.

Sorin

Great exciting news
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2006, 11:41:34 PM »

Quote from: longhorn
Even with ALL this known by the general public, his FOLLOWERS are still in the millions.

Unbelievable! Unbelievable! how blind can they be!?

:x  :shock:

Andrew

Great exciting news
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 02:22:46 AM »

Rom 11:8  (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.

2Ti 4:3  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
2Ti 4:4  And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

zander

Great exciting news
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 12:38:55 PM »

UNBELEIVEABLE.  So Unbelievabel, that i am considering whether to beleive it.  :?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.