bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Word  (Read 4573 times)

Mickyd

The Word
« on: April 29, 2006, 10:09:56 AM »

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made." John 1:1-3

So God spoke everything into exsistance...

Genesis 1 (Whole Chapter)

Now....the first part of Genesis 2

"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made. These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens, And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground. But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground. And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." Genesis 2:1-7

Everything was spoken into exsistance (Including the dust of the ground) but, man was formed from the dust of the ground. So how are we created in the image if God? The truth is that it is a process...we are BEING CREATED in the image of God. That we have the ability to speak and understand speech. This is what sets man above all creation. It is the capasity to think in abstract terms. But, by forming us from the dust of the ground, God subjected us to the ways of the natural...

"For the creature was made subject to vanity, NOT WILLINGLY, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope, Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God." Romans 8:20-21

"Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual."
 1 Corinthians 15:46

We are not a spiritual man having a natural experiance...but rather a natural man having a spiritual experiance. In essance, we are BORN SPIRITUALY DEAD. So then, what is the second death? And what is the first ressurrection?

Re 20:6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the SECOND DEATH hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

So just what is the first ressurrection?

"But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God." John 1:12-13

"Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born? Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit." John 3:3-6

This can be accomplished now....How? By being baptized in the truth if God's word.

"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish." Ephesians 5:23-27

Physical baptizium in physical water is a ritual of the oganized church...it is NOT nessassary and falls under the catagory of the "Traditions of Men". As also does circumcision of the flesh...

"For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God." Romans 2:28-29

Thus we become "spiritual Jews."

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light: Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy." 1 Peter 2:9-10

But, all this in this time of death is only the beginning....we have not yet begun to live.

"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him." 1 Corinthians 2:9

So what is left? What more can we do?

"According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved. In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself: That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him: In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will: That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory." Ephesians 1:4-14

We are the purchased possession. Jesus Christ paid this price in full for all mankind. So when do we recieve our inheritance? In the fullness of times.

"And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness, by the RESURRECTION from the dead:
Romans 1:4

"For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his RESURRECTION:" Romans 6:5

"There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory. So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." 1 Corinthians 15:41-45

We are allready spiritually dead from birth. Becomming spiritually aware is the first resurrection in which the second death has no power. The second death is what we precieve to be the first because we do not know that we are allready spiritually dead.

"For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be." Romans 8:6-7

"O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?" Romans 7:24

"Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" Matt 7:13-14

So where do even start to look for the strait gate?

"So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a FLAMING SWORD which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life." Genesis 3:24

The word of God is symbolized throughout the scriptures as both FIRE and a SWORD. So....the very thing that calls people to God is the very thing that is keeping them from finding the tree of life. For "Many are called but few are CHOOSEN." The Church are the many called...but the chosen few come out of the called.

Indagator

The Word
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 06:54:21 PM »

Good one  :) .  It runs along the lines of the notes I took on "spiritual" eden and the symbols involved in Adam and Eve being banished, etc.

Phil

Few are chosen
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2006, 08:27:51 PM »

I agree that few are chosen.  I can tell that by looking around me (even at church).  
So, if I believe that I am one of those "few" that are chosen, then what?
I am studying the Word, trying to allow God's will to transform me, and trying to share the Good News.  What else should I be doing?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.