bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing link in the evolution of the eye?  (Read 6331 times)

lilitalienboi16

Missing link in the evolution of the eye?
« on: December 04, 2007, 09:34:39 PM »

Has it been found? What are your comments and thoughts on this? Personaly i don't know what to think about it, their isn't much said in the article and i don't think their is any peer review work done from the scientific community on how reliable or how true this is.

Perhaps kat you can draw rays attention to this and see what he has to say about it all?

http://www.physorg.com/news115919015.html

God bless,

Alex

ciy

Re: Missing link in the evolution of the eye?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 10:53:38 PM »

This just proves the stupidity of the wisdom of the world.  They can study it from now til their imaginery hell freezes over and there is still no way for an eye to evolve.  Think about it yourself.  How is some supposedly simple no eyed animal going to ever know that there is a such thing as sight much less it little by little, atom by atom growing the nerves and lenses that it would require in order to see.
Another example of how the higher educated people are getting denser and denser.
CIY

Kat

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 01:07:29 AM »

Hi Alex,

I'm with ciy on this one.  The only thing that seems to say is they have found 2 different animals, with somewhat different eyes, for different uses.  Missing link  ???  Oh well they will keep on looking for that elusive missing link.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 03:23:33 AM »

Wonderful imput, and i agree!

I don't know.. theirs no way to give sight to a blind man... we need Jesus Christ! SO lets pray He returns sooooooooooooooooooon to the world =]

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:34:45 AM »

This search for the missing link is the holy grail of evolutionists, all I got out of this article is the fact that different creatures have different eye structures, some more complex than others.

A couple examples;

Most eyes have optical systems that are based on refraction by a lens or a cornea. However, there are two eye types that form images using mirrors. These are concave mirror eyes, similar in principle to a Newtonian telescope, and reflecting superposition compound eyes, where the mirrors are arranged radially in a square array. The concave mirrors are found in scallops (Pecten), where they allow the eye to see moving objects, and in a modified form in a few deep-sea crustaceans. The reflecting superposition eyes are confined to the long-bodied decapod crustaceans - the shrimps, prawns, crayfish and lobsters. Recently this second mechanism has found a number of uses in x-ray optics.

Fish eyes are different from our own. Their lenses are perfectly spherical, which enables them to see underwater because it has a higher refractive index to help them focus. They focus by moving the lens in and out instead of stretching it like we do. They cannot dilate or contract their pupils because the lens bulges through the iris. As the depth at which fish are found increases, the resident fish's eye sizes increase in order to gather the dimmer light. This process continues until the end of the photic zone, where eye size drops off as their is no light to see with. Nocturnal fish tend to have larger eyes then diurnal fish. Just look at a squirrelfish, and you will see this to be so. Some fish have a special eye structure known as the Tapetum lucidum, which amplifies the incoming light. It is a layer of guanine crystals which glow at night. Photons which pass the retina get bounced back to be detected again. If the photons are still not absorbed, they are reflected back out of the eye. On a night dive, you may see these reflections as you shine your light around!

And this is just for fish!

Peace,

Joe

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 02:56:46 PM »

The Missing Link is Jesus Christ. You miss Him and you get nothing! He who has eyes.....let him see... ;D

Well we are posting here on the board for light hearted banter ;D :D ;)

Apparently the Eagle has zoom lens eyes with the capacity of focusing in on small animals from a lofty height. That to me is quite fascinating!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

« Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 02:58:23 PM by Arcturus »

hillsbororiver

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 09:10:47 PM »

The Missing Link is Jesus Christ. You miss Him and you get nothing! He who has eyes.....let him see... ;D

A big AMEN! to that Arcturus.

Peace,

Joe

musicman

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 12:21:27 AM »

Well we are posting here on the board for light hearted banter ;D :D ;)

Apparently the Eagle has zoom lens eyes with the capacity of focusing in on small animals from a lofty height. That to me is quite fascinating!

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

Remember, eagles have evolved way more than humans in their sense of sight.  Vultures and dogs have evolved way more than humans in their sense of smell.  But we humans have the ability to destroy God with our ricrapulous theories of naturalism.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2007, 12:22:57 AM by musicman »

offthechimney

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2007, 11:58:28 PM »

Evolution is garbage ! God created different creatures with similar design. That's all this story proves. Look at His word and believe..... it's that simple :P ;D

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 08:56:57 PM »

Has it been found? What are your comments and thoughts on this? Personaly i don't know what to think about it, their isn't much said in the article and i don't think their is any peer review work done from the scientific community on how reliable or how true this is.

Perhaps kat you can draw rays attention to this and see what he has to say about it all?

http://www.physorg.com/news115919015.html

God bless,

Alex

Something else to consider would be that we don't see entirely with our eyes.  We see with the brain, an organ that organizes and interprets digital input from the retina of the eye.  Baby humans actually see upside down at first until their brain inverts the image.   Objects moving from right to left appear to move from left to right across the verticle plane of vision.  Also, the brain has to interpret the movements of the objects seen through the lens of the eye since the colors are received at various wave lengths.  It is a very complex organ AND has to, had to work usefully and correctly the first time or the user animal would have died from bumping into its environment.

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 22 queries.