bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Make me a puppet  (Read 8445 times)

lilitalienboi16

Make me a puppet
« on: December 06, 2007, 02:23:05 AM »

Anyone ever feel like they just want to be puppet. That they don't care anymore, that they don't want free will, or even the ability to choose. I feel right now like i just want to be a puppet, i want to be a slave of Jesus Christ, im sick and tired of this and i can't seem to do whats right and it's insnaly frustrating and i have come to the point in my life now where i want to be a SLAVE, I WANT TO BE A PUPPET. I WANT TO BE A ROBOT. I don't care anymore, i can't and i wont make the right choices and it madens me.

So um... i wanna be a puppet.. make me into a puppet of yours Jesus! Make me a slave of yours, cuz i really don't care anymore cuz their is no hope in man and i don't care what anyone else thinks, if the only way to follow Christ is to be a puppet or slave or robot or whatever you wanna call it, than thats what i wanna be. I DONT WANT CHOICES, I DONT WANT THE ABILITY TO MAKE CHOIES, I WANNA BE A ROBOT NOW THATS IT....

Ok thanks for listening to my rant, feel free to share your thoughts and opinion on becoming a puppet.

sonofone

Re: Make me a puppet
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2007, 03:18:52 AM »

Let this mind be in you that was also in Christ Jesus.Be imitators of God,therefore as dearly beloved children.The goal is you decreasing that he might increase.that it reaches a int where it is no more I but Christ on the inside that is doing the work.

Kat

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2007, 12:45:39 PM »

Hi Alex,

I understand what you are saying.  This life is so frustrating because there is no good in us, none.

Rom 3:9  What then? Are we Jews any better off? No, not at all. For we have already charged that all, both Jews and Greeks, are under sin,
v. 10  as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one;
v. 11  no one understands; no one seeks for God.
v. 12  All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one."
v. 13  "Their throat is an open grave; they use their tongues to deceive." "The venom of asps is under their lips."
v. 14  "Their mouth is full of curses and bitterness."
v. 15  "Their feet are swift to shed blood;
v. 16  in their paths are ruin and misery,
v. 17  and the way of peace they have not known."
v. 18  "There is no fear of God before their eyes."

But it is God's will that all learn rightousness, but first we must see and live and experience sin :P

Ecc 1:13  And I applied my heart to seek and to search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under heaven: it is a sore travail that God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised therewith.

Psa 60:3  You have shown Your people hard things; You have made us drink the wine of confusion.

But in the end God will have all learn rightousness and come to the knowledge of His truth.

Isa 26:9  With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee earnestly: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world learn righteousness.

Isa 11:9  They shall not hurt nor destroy in all My holy mountain, for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD as the waters cover the sea.

Hab 2:14  For the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.

It's a process, it is very painful at this time. 
But it will turn out good, and we won't just be robots or puppets.  We will have the mind of Christ, but there will be all these individuals, with different personalities and different characteristics.  It will be great and far better than a bunch of puppets that are all just alike.  Hang in there Alex  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2007, 03:03:59 PM »

I kind of feel like Alex today myself.
Yesterday I tried to give blood and the nurse said my blood pressure was to high!
It was 174/104 thats stage 2 high pressure. She said more people die from this than
anything. I wasn't concerned about death but more of how to approach it.
Should I care about my health?? How do I not become consumed by all these dieting
plans and healthy plans. Is it a priority thing? When it comes to exercise and losing wieght
I feel I would be a vain person or maybe more vain than now! Should I be this concerned about
my outward appearance? If I am to be a more healthy person am I wrong for giving this kind of
attention to myself? I hope you all understand how I feel, sometimes I feel alone in thinking
this way. Sometimes I do just want to give up, call it a day, throw in the towel!!!!
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 03:10:21 PM »

Thank you all for your comments, and thank you kat for the scriptures.

I understand all that, but sometimes, more often than not, i feel like just giving in and letting God put me in chains and whipping me to do the right thing because i just cannot and will not do whats right. It drives me insane.

Here God is telling me whats right, but He won't give me the power to do whats right. So now im begging Him to enslave me and just FORCE ME to do whats right because i am going insane! Put me in chains, put me in the fire and force me to do the right thing and throw away the key forever. I'd rather be a slave and be able to follow Christ in all His commandmants and have Him living His life in me than to continue onward in this life chaseing after the wind and stumbling left and right.

I know we won't be puppets in the end... but right now... that doesn't sound so bad.. considering the alternative of what im living.

Thanks for listening to my rant and shareing your thoughts.

God bless everyone,

Alex

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 03:51:52 PM »

Hello Alex

You are not being too merciful towards your liability to temptations, weakness and failings. We are all in bondage to vanity, slavery to corruption and no one is yet perfect. Jesus shares with you/us our feelings of our weakness and failings not to enslave you/us but liberate you and us. There is a purpose in suffering through all this I assure you friend.

Perhaps the best to do is forget about how you feel and leave God to do the changes He sees are fit for you. So far you have seen, experienced and are suffering the fact that you are not God, you can not change and you have no free will. What an awesome privilege and discovery!

Peace be to you and may God comfort you in your needs.

Arcturus :)

pylady

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 10:43:49 PM »

Hi Alex,

Your post fits in so well with the book I've been led to study recently.  The inspired writer of Ecclesiastes felt very much like you that man's efforts on this earth are "vanity  and striving after wind". Eccl 1:14.   I've been reading this book because while rereading the Ray's LOF series, the part on free will, he talks about Eccl 3.  "There is an appointed time for everything."  Ray said that the point of this chapter is to show that God Himself causes all these events in our life at the time He appoints for us.  The chapter is a look at the tree of good and evil from which God makes us eat.

One thing I noticed, Alex, our Father wants us to experience good and evil.  Notice these verses:

Eccl2 :24 "There is nothing better for a man than to eat and drink and tell himself that his labor is good.  This also I have seen, that it is from the hand of God.  25.  For who can eat and who can have enjoyment without Him?:

3:12,13,22 a ""I know that there is nothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one's lifetime;  moreover, that every man who eats and drinks sees good in all his labor - it is the gift of God.   And I have seen that nothing is better than that man should be happy in his activities, for that is his lot."

5:18  "Here is what I have seen to be good and fitting:  to eat, to drink and enjoy oneself in all one's labor in which he toils under the sun during the few years of his life which God has given him; for this is his reward."

8:15  "So I commended pleasure, for there is nothing good for a man under the sun except to eat and to drink and to be merry, and this will stand by him in his toils throughout the days of his life which God has given him uner the sun."

9:7  "Go then, eat your bread in happiness, and drink your wine with a cheerful heart; for God has already approved your works.  (God has appointed these works to us in our lives.)

11:9  "Rejoice, young man, during your childhood, and let your heartbe pleasant during the days of young manhood.  And follow the inpulses of your heart and the desires of your eyes.  YET, know that God will bring you to judgment for all these things. 

11:10 "So, remove vexation from your heart and put away pain from your body, because childhood and the prime of life are fleeting.

What God is telling me when I read this book is yes He puts evil and adversity in our lives to teach us, but He also puts good in our lives.  And He wants us (commands us, for His desires are our commands) to enjoy, rejoice, be merry, have a cheerful heart, be happy, etc.

Alex, I am not trivializing the trials you are going thru.  But, please, also find the pleasure and joy of the good things He has put into your life.  Sometimes when we are young we can be too serious. 

Peace and joy to you,

Cindy  :)

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 05:31:21 PM »

Thank you moises for those words and thank you cindy for the scripture and post.

I honostly don't think i'm being to hard on myself, there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for what i do. I can't stand doing it, and yet i can't stop. This has been going on for atleast 2 years now and i'm just sick and tired of it.

Guess i really can't say much else... i wanna be a puppet.

God bless,

Alex

Kat

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 07:01:38 PM »

Hi Alex,

Something that just struck me, is you are wanting the easy way out  ;)
Are you saying you want to be a puppet, so you don't have to be accountable for what you are doing  :o
We all have to go through the these experiences of this life.  Just as soon as you think you are doing something right, then bang you do something incredible dumb.  That's just the way it is for all of us, this trying to do things right and messing things up again and again. Obviously God wants us to learn this lesson very well, that of ourself we can do nothing good. 

I know you really do want to be a puppet, but you are going to have to go the same route that the rest of us went, the hard way.  Because what you are striving for, the kingdom, will be so wonderful for a human being to obtain.  But the first resurrection is by far the greatest thing any human being can ever hope to obtain and it won't come easy for those who do.

Hang in there Alex, you don't know how close it is, it may be just around the corner  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 08:24:14 PM »

Hi Alex,

Something that just struck me, is you are wanting the easy way out  ;)
Are you saying you want to be a puppet, so you don't have to be accountable for what you are doing  :o
We all have to go through the these experiences of this life.  Just as soon as you think you are doing something right, then bang you do something incredible dumb.  That's just the way it is for all of us, this trying to do things right and messing things up again and again. Obviously God wants us to learn this lesson very well, that of ourself we can do nothing good. 

I know you really do want to be a puppet, but you are going to have to go the same route that the rest of us went, the hard way.  Because what you are striving for, the kingdom, will be so wonderful for a human being to obtain.  But the first resurrection is by far the greatest thing any human being can ever hope to obtain and it won't come easy for those who do.

Hang in there Alex, you don't know how close it is, it may be just around the corner  :)

mercy, peace and love
Kat

I don't know if i want the easy way out kat... all i know is im tired of hearting my Lord, i'm tired of hearting others around me, i'm tired of doing whats wrong. To be honost it never crossed my mind as to wether 'i don't want to be held accountable.' I know i am accountable, and i take full responsability, i'm just sick and tired of doing whats wrong all the time and it just hurts me to know i'm hurting others, and most importantly my Lord.

You said; Just as soon as you think you are doing something right, then bang you do something incredible dumb.

I give you an amen to that one... :/

Thanks for your words of comfort kat, i guess that's really what i need... to know their is hope. Sometimes things can seem so hopefless, though you know the truth is they aren't. It's hard to remember that though.

Thanks again for your comforting words.

God bless,

Alex

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2007, 12:03:20 AM »

I was re-reading your post cindy and i have to say i love this verse;

11:9-10  "Rejoice, young man, during your childhood, and let your heart be pleasant during the days of young manhood.  And follow the inpulses of your heart and the desires of your eyes.  YET, know that God will bring you to judgment for all these things. So, remove vexation from your heart and put away pain from your body, because childhood and the prime of life are fleeting."

I feel like God is talking to me in it...

Thanks again for the words.

In Christ,

Alex

pylady

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2007, 09:56:30 PM »

You're welcome Alex.

Remember, our Lord, Himself was once a young man of your age with the same or similar struggles.  He understands our struggles.  Can't you just feel the love and concern in His words to us?

Peace to you,

Cindy  :)

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2007, 03:11:24 AM »

Cindy

I also was lifted by the inspired verses you posted. Thank you!

Peace to you

pylady

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2007, 10:23:32 PM »

You're  very welcome, Arcturus.  I appreciate your taking the time to tell me!
This year as I watch the spirit of the world "joy to the world" celebration with eyes more open spiritually I see their joy is dead and sad, forced, pretend joy.
We know only the spirit of Christ brings real joy.

Joy to you,

Cindy :)

Sue Creamer

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2007, 03:29:09 PM »

Hi All,

Just a thought...a wise man once said...we are puppets, but we are puppets with minds that can think.

Hummm don't know how close I am to what Ray really said...maybe someone who has the know how can
find his comment on the subject?  Or did I just dream it?

peace,
Sue Ann

Kat

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2007, 04:35:20 PM »

Hi Sue Ann,

Here is the email I think you were referring to  :)

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4229.msg32197.html#msg32197 ----

Ahhh but you are wrong Sam. We are NOT "mindless puppets" as you suggest, but rather puppets WITH minds.  What a GENIUS God is--puppets.......w-i-t-h   M-I-N-D-S!   Marvelous!  I love it.

God be with you,
Ray
-------------------------------------------------------

Here is another email.  ActuallyI guess you could say that you already are kind of a puppet Alex.

http://bible-truths.com/email5.htm#puppets -------------

By the way, we are considerably more complex than a mere puppet.  But it is true that God controls us every bit as much as a puppeteer controls a puppet. And God is not ashamed to admit that this is the case. God says that a man CANNOT DIRECT HIS OWN STEPS, that the response of the tongue IS FROM THE ETERNAL, that ALL IS OF GOD, that God is operating ALL according to the counsel of His own will, that HE Himself is the CREATOR OF EVIL, it was God who planted the forbidden fruit tree in the garden than contained not only good, but a knowledge of EVIL as well, it is GOD who sets up the rulers of all governments, one can only come to Christ when God decides to "draw [Greek, drag] him to Christ," and a thousand and one other things. So why do we have trouble believing all these Scriptures?
----------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Sue Creamer

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2007, 04:51:41 PM »

Kat,

That's it....!!!  Ray sure doesn't mince words and I do so love it!!!!  Feels just like a good wine that soothes the stomach and the soul.

Thank you!!

peace,
Sue Ann

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2007, 05:15:31 PM »

Hello Sue Ann

All I could find was some email responses by Ray who uses the term Robots, not Puppets.

Here are the links.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2943.0.html

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4702.0.html

Peace to you

Sorin

« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2007, 12:59:43 AM »

Alex,

I can relate, because I too struggle with sin, and making the wrong choices, and with even my faith. I can't seem to make up my mind,
there's this constant battle going on inside my mind, and I can't seem to choose a side.

As for being a 'puppet', aren't we already? Albeit puppets with minds, but still puppets with the causation as the strings, and our choices
are the effects of the strings being pulled.

It is a strange thing indeed to think that we don't have free-will, and that all our choices are caused, but that's just the way it is.
Even the food we like, or dislike is determined by our taste buds, and there's nothing we can do about it. I will always choose a nice juicy burger over shrimp because I don't like shrimp, and I find it disgusting. So was that a 'free choice' uncaused by anything? I don't think so... lol

It was caused by the fact that I like burgers, but hate shrimp and I can not 'free-will' myself into liking shrimp.

Take care,

Sorin

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2007, 01:17:52 AM »

Hello kat and sorin. Thank you both for your posts.

I guess we are somewhat puppets... but sometimes i don't want to a puppet with a mind, i'd rather be a puppet without a mind because makeing the right choices is way to hard and apperently right now God doesn't want me to make the right choices.

Sorin, i know what you mean. I'm in school right now at college, where everything is about evolution. I get things thrown in my face left and right about evolution. Evolution this - that, we are evolving, our knowledge evolves, it's everywhere!!!! I am not armed with any knowledge to counter bat these arguments and it is frustrating. It doesn't help my faith, but God is greater and i have not wavered. Though i wish i could know how to answer all these questions and statements the evolutionist makes. It's tough stuff.

I'm strong because God is strong and so i am okay. These things will not cause me to falter unless it be the Lord's plan. Though i doubt that He has planned me to fall away because of evolution.

Well i pray the Lord see you through your trials sorin. It's hard sometimes to stay focused on Him but through Him nothing is impossible. This i know.

God bless,

Alex
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.