bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi !  (Read 5754 times)

offthechimney

Hi !
« on: December 07, 2007, 03:10:33 PM »

My name is Gary and I have been a youth leader at an Assemblies of God church for 5 years. Last night I sat down with a couple of my friends, whom are also youth leaders, and tried to share some of the Truth that we here have discovered. It's amazing to me that their minds and hearts are totally closed to something that is contrary to what they've been taught. Please keep me in your prayers, I want to be a part of His body as far as the church is concerned, but I want it to be a healthy body, preaching healthy doctrine. I pray that I will meet and have fellowship with some of you here too. I'm new to this forum so I hope to get to know you
 God bless you, Gary :)

Kat

Re: Hi !
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 05:48:43 PM »

Hi Gary,

Welcome to this fellowship of Believers  :)
I'm glad you have joined us in striving to grow in the knowledge of His Truth.  One thing I think you will realize pretty quick, is you can't make a blind person see.  Until God opens their eyes, you will never get them to understand.  You can plant seeds of Truth, in hopes that their eyes will be opened.  But your church will soon grow tired of your heresy and you will be tossed out, if you keep on with it. 
Well you will find plenty here that embrace the Truth.  So you can get the fellowship that you desire, though it takes getting use to, not being in person. 
Hope you will share with as and ask questions as need be.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 06:38:57 PM »

Welcome to the forum Gary. 

You have been led to the right place if you are seeking "healthy" doctrines from God's Word.  The study material on BT is an abundance of healthy, spiritual food.  I hope you continue to grow in understanding, as well as find the fellowship you desire.

Rene'

iris

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2007, 12:35:43 AM »

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum!!!
I hope you come back often and praise God for all He's given us.

Pease and Love
Iris

Chris R

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 09:57:59 AM »

Hi Gary,

Welcome to bibletruths forum, how much of the site have you read?

Chris R

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 12:44:47 PM »

Hello Gary

Welcome to the Forum!

I have learnt and am still learning that before we can give to others the Truths we have here, we have to digest, integrate and become the Truths we have here. Then we have to find out not everyone eats our food.

There is much comfort here in the like mindedness of fellow brethren.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 06:20:22 PM »

Welcome Gary.

I attended the Assemblies of God for about 14 years.

Thank God for your eyes being open. If your friends don't have their eyes opened though by God, you may have a rough time of it.  I hope not.  God Bless your love for your friends.

Just keep reading Ray and the forum (searching the scriptures as the Bereans) to keep your batteries charged.  Read Ray's article on witnessing too.  It is most freeing.

Ray wrote something to the effect that....when he looks at his cat's face itis hard to believe in a God that would torture people forever.....
Sometimes things like that can get a person to think more than a bunchof scriptures.

Matt

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 10:51:33 PM »

Weelcome gary!
This is a safe place to share, and ask all the questions you may have!
Make sure you read the rules thoroughly (trust me :D) and enjoy the fellowship!!

Matt

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 02:16:27 AM »

Hello, Gary, "offthechimney"

Good to have another new voice.

I'm Indiana Bob and we are having an ice storm in my part of Northern Indiana.
How's the weather in your area? 
We hope to hear much more from you and please feel free to share your thoughts.

I'm an oldie but a goodie at age 72, but I am not too old to learn from younger minds.

Please share a few questions.

Bob

rjsurfs

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 11:09:19 PM »

Welcome Gary,

I want to be a part of His body as far as the church is concerned, but I want it to be a healthy body, preaching healthy doctrine.

That sounds painful if you hope to teach healthy doctrines in a church of man...   ;)

I encourage you to read the entire Lake of Fire series... it really sums up what binds us here.

Glad you've joined!

Bobby

STORM

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 09:20:59 PM »

Hi Gary and welcome!
I am a newcomer here as well as you. I have had many experiences with people where God has opened up some truth to me that would benefit all, only to find that it was not received by the others. This can be rather frustrating at first, but it happens to all of God's elect. But God is good and orders all these things for our benefit and his glory.

Heb 13:12  Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.
Heb 13:13  Let us go forth therefore unto him without the camp, bearing his reproach.
Heb 13:14  For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.
 God richly bless you Gary!!!

mrl1970

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 02:12:40 AM »

It's amazing to me that their minds and hearts are totally closed to something that is contrary to what they've been taught.

Hi Gary

I work in a grocery store and people have a problem when an item gets moved from one shelf to another. You should not be too surprised when someone finds it difficult to accept God's Truths which contradict what they have been taught. Imagine how much more difficult it is for these same people because their belief system (church doctrine) is based on a lie. The deeper these people are in the Babylon system  the harder it must be. While it is true they are blind to the Truth, it is still hard for people to accept change in any form.

Luke 8
  5 A sower went out to sow his seed: and as he sowed, some fell by the way side; and it was trodden down, and the fowls of the air devoured it.

6 And some fell upon a rock; and as soon as it was sprung up, it withered away, because it lacked moisture.

7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprang up with it, and choked it.

8 And other fell on good ground, and sprang up, and bare fruit an hundredfold. And when he had said these things, he cried, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.

9 And his disciples asked him, saying, What might this parable be?

10 And he said, Unto you it is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God: but to others in parables; that seeing they might not see, and hearing they might not understand.

11 Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.

12 Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

14 And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

15 But that on the good ground are they, which in an honest and good heart, having heard the word, keep it, and bring forth fruit with patience.

Hope this helps.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 02:55:13 AM by mrl1970 »

Phil3:10

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 04:48:14 PM »

Welcome Gary,
I am new to this forum but have found it to be a well-spring of truth. Don't expect your friends to grasp your new found truths. Just continue to love them and give them the very best example of CHRIST in you.
Phil3:10

Sue Creamer

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 10:56:07 AM »

Hi Gary,

Welcome to the forum and greetings from Maryland!!!
peace,
Sue Ann

Beloved

« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2007, 02:12:21 PM »

Welcome Dave

It sounds like you may need to spend time in Taursus like Paul did before he was ready to preach. No problem because we all need to go there from time to time. It is nice to know that there is a place where some of us can share what God is doing in our lives.  SO WELCOME

Regarding being part of a healthy body..I leave that all up to the Lord the Great Physician

Eph 3:20 
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power (Spirit of Christ)that worketh in us

Beloved
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.