bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jesus calms the STORM  (Read 4287 times)

STORM

Jesus calms the STORM
« on: December 09, 2007, 05:06:32 PM »

Hello to all! My name is STORM; I'm 46, married, and live in the Florida panhandle. I was very hostile and not looking for God at all when I was seventeen-years-old. I kept finding all these gospel tracts with simple scripture verses on them---I had a whole stack of them---but I couldn't understand any of them. Then one night in January of 1979, a guy who lived in my neighborhood asked me to give him a ride accross town to a mutual friend's house. He was talking to my friend about Jesus; I was listening but not divulging that I couldn't understand the gospel. When we returned to our neighborhood, he came to my house for awhile. I told him that I just couldn't believe that Jesus was who he said he was. He asked if he could show me things in the Old Testament that pointed to Jesus as the messiah and I said yes. The first verse he shared with me was in Psalm 22........verse 16. When he read , "they pierced my hands and my feet", instantly God opened my eyes and gave me the gift of faith. Instantly I was humiliated over my hostility toward Him and saw that I had been rejecting Jesus. And just as instantly I was overwhelmed with the security of knowing that I was in his loving hands now. He sought me out for his good purposes.
     I have had many hard things happen to me in my life----And I praise and thank God for ALL OF THEM which he has always used for my good and his glory. I was very edified by what I found on the bible-truths.com website. God had already opened my eyes to some of the things and likewise I have often been shunned by religious men who are defending doctrines rather than letting the Word of God speak the truth to them. Still it is a joy to share these things with others----knowing that it is the Lord himself who just may open the eyes of another hostile man (like myself) to behold his glory and truth. Blessings to all!!!----------------------------------------STORM

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Jesus calms the STORM
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2007, 05:16:59 PM »

Hello Storm

WELCOME to the Forum and thank you for sharing your wonderful testimony!

I can relate to your being shunned :D I know the blessing of joy in finding like minded brethren or even seeing eyes opening to the Truth and to His Glory.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

Kat

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2007, 05:53:07 PM »

Hi Storm,

I'm glad you have joined us  :)
Thanks for your testimony, it is always nice to hear how other are having their eyes opened.
But at first all are enmity/hostile to God before He opens our eyes.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.

It is a wonderful thing when God begins to show us His Truths.  I hope you will continue to share and learn with us here.  It is such a joy to be among like minded Believers. 

mery, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 08:44:50 PM by Kat »

gmik

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »

Welcome Storm!  Thanks for sharing your testimony.  It is amazing the different ways God draws us to Him!  Please feel comfortable to post w/ all of us!

Matt

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 10:55:31 PM »

Storm, Welcome!  I love the association you made with your name and the title of your post! :)
I am looking forward to more clever and insightful posts from you!

Matt

pylady

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 11:04:35 PM »

Welcome, Storm. 

Thank you for your testimony.  It is good that you are here.

Your sister in Christ,

Cindy :)

rjsurfs

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »

Welcome Storm!  Much for us all to learn and share on bible-truths.com  Enjoy & Glad you've joined us.

STORM

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 09:23:49 PM »

Thank you all for the warm welcome! :) 

Rui

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 10:06:53 PM »

Hello welcome and thank u STORM for u testemony...My heart is touched and washed as i read it through my tear stained eyes: the excess of all the stormy waters of my own life...Sometimes it really doesnt take much , Just simple humility before our own creator...God bless and hope to keep u around...Rui :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.