bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wine and strong drink  (Read 8963 times)

jassy

Re: Wine and strong drink
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 02:15:14 PM »

Contrary to some of you I took to drink like a fluffy little duck to water. In my teens I was socially awkward, in my twenties I was a rebel without a clue and in my thirties I was chronically lonely.  Always a reason but never a justification.
I am allergic in a mild form to it so could never drink that much or that often but when I did I had a field day.

Now thank God I can just have a few, enjoy and leave it alone. One of the reasons is God surrounded me with non drinking friends or friends who keep it to a minimum and another is He showed me I can be a delight to talk to, I dont have to fight every injustice myself and I am never really alone. I often listen to people who beat themselves over the head because of abuse of alcohol at sometime in their lives.
God spared me from accidents or supposedly ruining others lives. Thankfully I was the main one who suffered. But I have people in my life who were not so blessed. Who had a harder lesson. And one of the reasons I dont beat myself over the head with any of my shenanigans is I dont judge. I keep very very quiet  when I hear of others who crossed the line. I understand, and shut up because but for the grace of God go I.

Alcohol is a wonderfull thing. It makes food taste good, It relaxes you when you  are stressed and thins your blood in case of heart problems. It also can be the greatest destroyer of family and well being known to man. Like the animals, its just another thing you must have dominion of and not be the slave of.
God must have know what He was doing when He created a substance which can be produced from most fermenting plant life.

judith collier

Re: Wine and strong drink
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2010, 04:25:47 PM »

Do observe one thing though. A person's tolerance will go up when alchohol is drunk in a consistent manner. Meaning if you drink alchohol everyday , let's say a few drinks, eventually the body will demand more as it has gotten quite tolerant of this level and the little buzzes don't come as quickly or not at all. There are exceptions to every rule and even the timing of tolerance.
Personally, I should know having come from bootlegggers, tavern owners and alchoholics and one who escalated swiftly!
Judy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.