bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lake?  (Read 5298 times)

nightmare sasuke

Lake?
« on: March 18, 2006, 05:28:53 AM »

I was reading some answers to emails on Mike's website and he said that Gehenna will be the lake of fire. However, I always thought ::EDIT:: gehenna ::EDIT:: was going to be a physical judgment on Earth, and is alluding to the end of Isaiah were it mentions people looking down on the sinners corpses. Is it really referring to the lake of fire, or a physical judgment, or what?

Chris R

hi
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 08:57:29 AM »

Hello,

I can assure you the "lake of Fire" is not physical. there can be no flesh than can endure 10 seconds in literal flames.

Who is this Lake of fire? would be the question to ask.

For the answers Read Rays site and his "lake of fire series"

http://bible-truths.com/lake5.html

Peace

Chris R

Steve Crook

Re: hi
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2006, 09:10:02 AM »

Quote from: Chris R
Hello,

I can assure you the "lake of Fire" is not physical. there can be no flesh than can endure 10 seconds in literal flames.

Peace

Chris R

Just to tease a little bit....the called, chosen, and faithful ARE the Lake of Fire....for God is a consuming FIRE....as he is so are we...Praise the Lord for all is HIS glory!

nightmare sasuke

Re: hi
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2006, 05:40:53 PM »

Quote from: nightmare sasuke
Quote from: Chris R
Hello,

Peace

Chris R

I know the lake of fire is spirtual. But I'm not sure if gehenna is the lake of fire, because in Isaiah it makes it (gehenna?) sound pretty physical. Look:

Isa 66:24 And they fare forth and see the corpses of the mortals, the transgressors against Me, for their worm shall not die, and their fire shall not be quenched, and they become a repulsion to all flesh."

This says "corpses," so I'm pretty sure it's refering to physical bodies.

Could this be the gehenna? How do we know gehenna is the lake of fire or is not?

Chris R

hello
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 08:36:31 AM »

Hello,

Gehenna is the valley of Hinnom, it is a garbage dump on the outside of Jerusalem, Many things were thrown into this dump, including bodies of the dead.

The fire is not quenched, "put out" because if it were, it would lose it's usefulness, However the Fire Did burn itself out...therfore the fire was never quenched, but rather died out itself.

The worms did not die because there was plenty of food for them to eat, this to came to a end, when all that the worms consumed was gone , then the worms themselves would die out.

As for our corpses, "ye shall surely die" is not a myth, there really is death after life.

We must never confuse the "spitirtual" meaning of words such as "fire"
And what is really consumed in this fire. Wood Hay and Stubble are simply not "real" wood hay and stubble, this represents our chaff, and its comming out! all of it, every single impurity.

The prophecy in Isaiah is not  literal ,

And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh

Who is it that "shall go forth"?
How many men Transgressed against God? a billion? a trillion?
Why is it this "worm" does not die, is it because there is still food to eat?
This fire must not be quenched, it must burn itself out! taking with it ALL the chaff.

Is it "their" fire or it is "the" Fire. Is our God is a consuming fire.?

What does Abhorring mean? is it simply to mean repulsive? will we all get to the point when the flesh is abhorring,  YES!

Take a look for yourself.

Peace

Chris R

nightmare sasuke

Lake?
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2006, 05:24:28 PM »

I'll consider these things and see if I can get a better understanding. Thanks.

Mickyd

Lake?
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2006, 06:47:07 PM »

When the Romans destroyed the city, what do you think they did with the dead bodies? Do you suppose they burnt them in the city garbage dump....Gehenna? How's that for prophetic?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 20 queries.