bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: For members who seem to have difficulty here  (Read 13302 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
For members who seem to have difficulty here
« on: December 11, 2007, 09:04:59 AM »

I copied Indianabob's post here because it speaks to the concept of this forum better than anything I could post.

To the members who seem to have a difficult time with the actions of the moderator's or studying the teaching of one man (Ray), I hope you can see something in this post.

Thanks Bob for your timely post.

In the Shadows

Friend Steven,

All that needs to be said has been said and I cannot add anything more.
I would however like to summarize what has become more clear to me personally.

Those that God has called out of Babylon, out of the organized church, are the only true believers.
As nice as those other folks may be, humanly speaking, they are still in Babylon and don't intend
to come out no matter what I may say to them.  So, I leave them alone spiritually and fellowship
with them ONLY as neighbors and members of the local community.  They are not yet God's chosen
and when they are they will seek me out just as I will seek them.

Therefore, it is obvious to me that my present task is to learn all that I can through prayer, Bible study,
sacrificial love toward all people and spiritual fellowship with the very few that God has bound me to
in this phase of my spiritual development.  It is now my task to work with others of like mind, IRON
sharpening IRON and not to correct or offer enlightenment to any who have not yet been chosen.
I am not an evangelist at this time, I am still and shall remain a student.

In this group I have noticed that there is ONE teacher.  One at a time is a good plan, it avoids confusion.
The rest of us, all of us, are students.  We can share our personal visions and our tests or trials
and share how we have struggled to overcome our own limitations and how God has worked on us,
sometimes without our knowledge until it suddenly became apparent and that is good.  However, we
need to consciously avoid the temptation to become teachers ourselves.   Why?

We are something like undergraduate students in God's University.  We all know that we shall become
Bachelors and Masters and Philosophers eventually (BA, MA, PhD) but for now we do not stand before
any other persons, outside the University, and present ourselves as competent instructors.

Yes, we do write theses and present them to our Teacher once per semester.  And yes we do present
our ideas and theses to one another for practice and to check the spelling and appropriate use of
words according to accepted meaning, but we are not graduates, we are not professors, we are yet
students and have not earned the right and are not qualified to speak for God.

This time of testing is to allow us to grow in knowledge and wisdom and the grace of our Lord.  We are
to grow in grace by exercising grace, by patiently enduring the daily trials that come to all who love
God more than self.  There will be time enough for us to teach in the resurrection to LIFE.

As Martin King has said, "I have gone to the mountain top and I have seen the promised land."
We few have been given the vision of God's true plan for mankind, we need to treasure it in our secret
place, our heart of hearts, until the time for its revealing is given.
It is a wonderful thought and that thought will motivate us to remain faithful until the end.

See King's final thoughts below.  (If he only knew the full story)

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 09:07:31 AM by Craig »

Deborah-Leigh

Re: For members who seem to have difficulty here
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 04:48:05 PM »

Craig

I believe this post given to us via Bob should not be lost but should be part of the Forum, perhaps not rules per se but certainly Forum Council :) It is inspired.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

psalmsinger

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 10:39:51 PM »

That is a most timely and understandable enlightenment from Indiana Bob.  Sometimes even the lowliest members of such a group may be ask to teach another to "tie their shoes" at some point or another like in kindergarten.  It is at that time that we are "the teacher" and will have someone either embrace the teaching of the Truth or be persecuted for it.  "Go ye therefore and teach all nations" may sometimes mean to explain the more simple concepts to those who ask......thank God that He provides teachers for every level as needed.

Rest in the Lord,

Barbara

Chris R

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 08:01:07 AM »

thank God that He provides teachers for every level as needed.

Rest in the Lord,

Barbara

Hi Barbara...

Thats a pretty cool statement, I had never thought of it that way! Thanks for teaching me something new!

Peace

Chris R

psalmsinger

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 09:33:18 PM »

Being ready to give an answer when asked is only accomplished through the work of Christ.  When it is time, the Lord will give us the boldness to speak the word without fear.  I certainly struggle with this and feel miserably inadequate when ask to share or give advice in a matter.

Rest in the Lord,

Barbara

dautyz

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 09:28:21 PM »

hi Craig,

As a new member here, I certainly appreciated reading the message.  I feel that we all have something to contribute to our path to Christ and I hope that we all will humbly do so.

yours,
Dautyz

Matt

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 10:23:46 PM »

It is posts like this that help sooth the aching in me when I realize that all I can do is sit back and read.  So many times I have stopped myself from responding to a thread, only to be glad I didn't when I found out I was wrong. 

I have such a desire to share, but find myself falling way short when it comes to my knowledge here.  It can be frustrating at times.  I will continue to read and read, understanding that it will take more time than I like.

I feel very privileged to be here and I pray for patience for myself, and anyone else in my shoes.
 :)
Matt

hebrewroots98

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 05:06:14 PM »

What a wonderful post; thank you all!!! Yes, we are SO BLESSED to be THE FEW in the whole wide world, who have been given these awesome secrets of the whole truth... and to be able to hold them near and dear to our hearts!!  Yes, these are the best treasures EVER given to mankind....I feel so prividledged; (PRAISE GOD!!! ;) ;D :o

sonofone

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2007, 03:32:04 AM »

I guess it's fitting that I should put my two cents in,since I may have been it's source of inspiration ;D

I was one who fit the topic of this post as have many who have come and gone.The funny thing is,I didn't realize it until I began rereading my post,and then I reread the statement I was supposed to read before joining :o

After seeing that I was way off from the intent of the forum I took a step back and remain back even now,only posting as I feel inspired or just to say hi.

I absolutely have no problem with the forum as it stands.There are other forums out here where you can post every thought and feeling that comes to your head and all are free to knock yourself out there.This site is designed to center around the teaching of the word of God as revealed by one man Ray.

I respect this and see no problem with it.I'm seeing new people join now and see why it is important to maintain this integrity.Every new person and seasoned person deserves the opportunity to share and grow in this newfound knowledge without the leaven of everybody's opinion,which is endless and usually yields no fruit.

Is it restrictive? Yes .But so what.Ultimately it is fair because it maintains the purpose and integrity of the forum,which is clearly stated before anyone decides to join.

So I'm still here yall :D

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2007, 08:54:18 AM »

Great posts everyone!

We attempt to have this centered on the articles presented on Bible Truths because that is what piqued the interest of 99% of the people who ultimately join the Forum, it was not my opinions or the opinions of anyone else that brought them here, keeping the integrity of the purpose of the Forum may seem restrictive at times but with all the wealth of information provided by Ray we should be able to explore many wonderful Truths together and witness as to the changes in our lives as we grow in the Lord.

Membership does not have to be an either/or thing, like sonophone stated if someone feels the need to debate a subject or just explore what is going on elsewhere they are still welcome to fellowship here. Yes, we must always keep in mind the guests and newer members who might be confused by conflicting, unscriptural opinions especially if the debates take a turn south and become ugly.

Thanks for all the positive responses!

His Peace to you,

Joe

Craig

• There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2007, 09:56:05 AM »

Steve, you were not the source but one of many.

Thanks for letting us know you get it, I wonder at times if anyone does.

Craig

aqrinc

« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2009, 04:56:02 PM »

Great one Craig,

See King's (MLK)final thoughts below.  (If he only knew the full story)

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

What a pearl, hidden in this so large field. Well i found it again through a Guest reading; and so here it is for a new Generation.

george ;D

« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 04:59:57 PM by aqr »

sansmile

• my beautiful grandchildren
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2009, 05:11:47 PM »

Hi all,
I am a person of few words, as most of you know, due to my lack of posting. But i do come into this forum daily as i learn so much from it. All the posts above are exactly why i do x
God bless and keep us all humble and all Glory to Him for the knowledge He has revealed to us. Many times I ask Him why me?? Would it have been better not to have had these things revealed to us?? No and again NO. He has chosen us and like all the chosen before us He is preparing us.
May He continue to use Ray to teach us these truths, and i know they are truths.........how do I know?  The Holy Spirit confirms.
God Bless
Sandie x
Walk in the Spirit

Marky Mark

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2009, 05:26:13 PM »

Hi all,
I am a person of few words, as most of you know, due to my lack of posting. But i do come into this forum daily as i learn so much from it. All the posts above are exactly why i do x
God bless and keep us all humble and all Glory to Him for the knowledge He has revealed to us. Many times I ask Him why me?? Would it have been better not to have had these things revealed to us?? No and again NO. He has chosen us and like all the chosen before us He is preparing us.
May He continue to use Ray to teach us these truths, and i know they are truths.........how do I know?  The Holy Spirit confirms.
God Bless
Sandie x

I am a person of few words

May He continue to use Ray to teach us these truths, and i know they are truths.........how do I know?  The Holy Spirit confirms.God Bless
Sandie x

Sandie x,,

You have said alot in the quote from above,may our Father continue to Bless you and hold you  :)

Peace...Mark

Ninny

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2009, 06:27:02 PM »

George, are you the one that brought this thread back? I love seeing these older threads since I only have been a member of the forum since last June, but like almost everyone else I've been studying and reading Ray's work for 3 years! Printed everything out like everyone else! It is easy to see why people forget what the purpose of this forum is, it seems like we sometimes forget what Ray teaches. I'm really thankful for the opportunity to share and belong here and as for that ole Indiana Bob whom Craig quoted in the original post? He is just full of good advice! Love ya, IBob!  :-*
Hugs to you, George for bringing this up again!
Kathy :D

charrie

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2009, 10:19:51 PM »

It is posts like this that help sooth the aching in me when I realize that all I can do is sit back and read.  So many times I have stopped myself from responding to a thread, only to be glad I didn't when I found out I was wrong. 

I have such a desire to share, but find myself falling way short when it comes to my knowledge here.  It can be frustrating at times.  I will continue to read and read, understanding that it will take more time than I like.

I feel very privileged to be here and I pray for patience for myself, and anyone else in my shoes.
 :)
Matt

I feel the same, Matt, when I first got to BT I began posting and quickly realized because I am such a new student it is best to read, learn, listen, enjoy the older students wisdom, learn some more, read more, etc...

It is nice when I put my 1.5cents in, but mostly I read and learn.  I enjoy coming here and although I don't say much either, it always feels like family.  Because there just ain't a lot of us out there. It is so wonderful to know I am not alone.

Charrie :-*

aqrinc

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2009, 12:07:12 AM »

Charrie,

Stop to think for a minute; there really really are only a few people who GOD Has Opened their
eyes, to see and ears, to hear. Chatting earlier i was moved to quote this very Scripture in Red.

Mat 9: 35-38 (MKJV)
35  And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
36  But seeing the crowds, He was moved with compassion on them, because they were tired and scattered like sheep having no shepherd.
37  Then He said to His disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few.
38  Therefore pray to the Lord of the harvest that He will send out laborers into His harvest.

george. :)

jerreye

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2009, 02:37:11 AM »

The harvest truly is plenteous, but the laborers are few.
Therefore pray to the Lord of the harvest that He will send out laborers into His harvest.

Boy, doesn't that just say it all? Amazing how Christ spoke the truth. It's just perfect!

Cheers,
Jeremy

meee

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2009, 10:27:53 AM »

I'm very new as you all know and have blundered a couple times here already. I have much growing to do spiritually. I recognized my one foolish post and removed it myself, as I saw it was me thinking ,using my own thoughts and not being led spiritually. It's hard because I want to join in, but I shall mostly be reading, studying,praying and seeking God's Will, and wait.
     Thanks for this thread, I'm sure we that truely desire God's Will be done and not our own ,will take this to heart.
      God Bless ya'll, luv & hugs,meee

Samson

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2009, 11:01:52 AM »

Thanks Craig,

As I was beginning to sip my first cup of coffee, I began to read and absorb this
                   pearl of wisdom expressed from an older thread from 2007 presented by Indiana
                   Bob, it was well appreciated, as are the comments that follow. Sometimes I read
                   the Topics presented from days gone by from an older post, hoping to stumble
                   upon good food for thought.

Kind Regards, Samson.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.