bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: For members who seem to have difficulty here  (Read 13268 times)

charrie

Re: For members who seem to have difficulty here
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2009, 03:45:14 PM »

Much appreciated verse, thanks, George

Charrie :-*

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2009, 12:47:00 AM »

That is truly a keeper Craig!!
I remember that post during my first year here.

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2009, 09:23:15 PM »

Thank you Craig,

I'm pleased that my comments could be helpful.
I normally don't write that way.

As I recall the event in my memory, the words just flowed out as one thought in response to Steven and others. 
I didn't edit or add anything to the original so if it is helpful our Lord deserves the credit for giving me the words.

Indiana Bob

I copied Indianabob's post here because it speaks to the concept of this forum better than anything I could post.

To the members who seem to have a difficult time with the actions of the moderator's or studying the teaching of one man (Ray), I hope you can see something in this post.

Thanks Bob for your timely post.

In the Shadows

Friend Steven,

All that needs to be said has been said and I cannot add anything more.
I would however like to summarize what has become more clear to me personally.

Those that God has called out of Babylon, out of the organized church, are the only true believers.
As nice as those other folks may be, humanly speaking, they are still in Babylon and don't intend
to come out no matter what I may say to them.  So, I leave them alone spiritually and fellowship
with them ONLY as neighbors and members of the local community.  They are not yet God's chosen
and when they are they will seek me out just as I will seek them.

Therefore, it is obvious to me that my present task is to learn all that I can through prayer, Bible study,
sacrificial love toward all people and spiritual fellowship with the very few that God has bound me to
in this phase of my spiritual development.  It is now my task to work with others of like mind, IRON
sharpening IRON and not to correct or offer enlightenment to any who have not yet been chosen.
I am not an evangelist at this time, I am still and shall remain a student.

In this group I have noticed that there is ONE teacher.  One at a time is a good plan, it avoids confusion.
The rest of us, all of us, are students.  We can share our personal visions and our tests or trials
and share how we have struggled to overcome our own limitations and how God has worked on us,
sometimes without our knowledge until it suddenly became apparent and that is good.  However, we
need to consciously avoid the temptation to become teachers ourselves.   Why?

We are something like undergraduate students in God's University.  We all know that we shall become
Bachelors and Masters and Philosophers eventually (BA, MA, PhD) but for now we do not stand before
any other persons, outside the University, and present ourselves as competent instructors.

Yes, we do write theses and present them to our Teacher once per semester.  And yes we do present
our ideas and theses to one another for practice and to check the spelling and appropriate use of
words according to accepted meaning, but we are not graduates, we are not professors, we are yet
students and have not earned the right and are not qualified to speak for God.

This time of testing is to allow us to grow in knowledge and wisdom and the grace of our Lord.  We are
to grow in grace by exercising grace, by patiently enduring the daily trials that come to all who love
God more than self.  There will be time enough for us to teach in the resurrection to LIFE.

As Martin King has said, "I have gone to the mountain top and I have seen the promised land."
We few have been given the vision of God's true plan for mankind, we need to treasure it in our secret
place, our heart of hearts, until the time for its revealing is given.
It is a wonderful thought and that thought will motivate us to remain faithful until the end.

See King's final thoughts below.  (If he only knew the full story)

Well, I don't know what will happen now. We've got some difficult days ahead. But it doesn't matter with me now. Because I've been to the mountaintop. And I don't mind. Like anybody, I would like to live a long life. Longevity has its place. But I'm not concerned about that now. I just want to do God's will. And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over. And I've seen the promised land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight, that we, as a people, will get to the promised land. And I'm happy, tonight. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2009, 10:23:01 PM »

our Lord deserves the credit
....your cup runneth over!

Arc

aqrinc

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2009, 10:26:51 PM »

Bob,

That is some good cooking, Thanks for the taste. GOD Is Always Ready For Us.

george. ;D

judith collier

« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2009, 03:53:37 AM »

I love to hear from Indiana Bob because of his dignity and careful choosing of words from the Spirit and his apparent non-judgement of us, always polite and truly informative.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.