bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Isaiah 9:6  (Read 4411 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Isaiah 9:6
« on: December 11, 2007, 05:59:17 PM »

Hi Ray,
          The (Isaiah 9:6), is with regards to the scripture saying Jesus is called the mighty God and an everlasting father. Christians who believe in the trinity doctrine cite this as unequivocal evidence that the trinity is right and that Jesus is God and the Father. However I think its got some thing to do with the fact that Jesus has be given authority from God in proxy and eventually he will have to return it back to God(1 Cor 15:28) so presently those titles are appropriate but not permanent.
          Just wanted your opinion on my understanding so far and if there is anything you can add that will help me understand this scripture better. I know the word 'everlasting', probably shouldn't be in this verse, and that the Father of the ages is a better rendition. By the way it's not Helen its Jimi I'm using my wife 's e-m ail address, sorry for any confusion.
          Thanks Ray.

Dear Helen:  No, all of Jesus' titles are permanent, not "temporarily appropriated."  Jesus IS GOD, but remember that "God" is a title, it is not the first or last NAME of Jesus' Father, nor is Jesus HIS OWN FATHER. That is total unscriptural nonsense. Too big a subject for an email. Did you read my paper on the "Trinity?"

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.