bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Christmas?  (Read 7020 times)

leeney

Christmas?
« on: April 30, 2006, 11:46:12 AM »

I have been reading these forums as much as time will allow.  I have so many questions, and no patience---I want to know it all now!

Would you all mind if I ask something here and there, rather than trying to find it in Ray's papers?  I've been reading so much my mind is screaming for a breather.

You don't worry about Communion, baptism, etc.  It is not necessary to do these things, am I correct here?  What about Christmas?  Is this a man made idea also?  

And if you WANT to do these things, is that ok?  Or does God frown upon them?

I was baptized in college--my own decision, in public, by a Presbyterian minister, in a Methodist church, I was sprinkled rather than immersed because that is just how this particular church did it (to me it was all the same, as I felt that it was what was in your heart that mattered, not the physical details).  Now many people of different churches would, I'm sure, tell me what a farce that was.  But to me, it was as real as it gets, because I love God so much, and I wanted to do this to show my love for Him.  In my heart, I felt this was the greatest gift I could give to Him.  I believe this is how He took it, too.  Am I wrong in this thinking?

My kids were Christened as babies.  During that service they were also baptized, which I thought was just plain nuts, as they had no idea what was going on, and so spirtually, could not agree or disagree with it.  To me, this does not count.  But until today, I was very worried, as they have not been baptized yet, as adults (well, teenagers).  So, I guess I am asking----does this matter?  According to what I've read so far, it does not?  Am I on the right track?

leeney

orion77

Christmas?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 12:58:50 PM »

Leeney, I can understand perfectly.  It is good that God has put the desire to seek and learn of His truths.  Like a sponge, trying to soak it all up at once.  :lol:

In the book of Genesis, night always preceded the day, darkness then the light, and God saw that it was good.  We all learn first while under the night (darkness) then comes the day (light), the true light, which is spiritual truths.  No longer do we see Him after the flesh, but the spirit, which is light, life and truth.

We can not see these truths on our own, for it takes the Father to drag us.  To get past His death and into His life is a big difference between the called and the chosen.  Yet, many still love the darkness, keeping Jesus through carnal reasoning, which has caused all the divisions, false doctrines, and physical ceremonies.

I, too was babtized years ago.  I see nothing wrong with being babtized or not.  He has dragged me through the fire...this was a long hard trip, because of my own stubborness...I, now realize who I am...which is nothing, yet now with His Spirit in me, He has opened these dull eyes and deaf ears...and wow what an amazing journey it is!

Christmas, well that is just another carnally minded tradition.  You can do research and find out where it originates from.

Stay in His word, study, learn a little here and there.  It will all come together for you.

God bless,

Gary

Kevin

Christmas?
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 01:14:34 PM »

Christmas=Christ+mas=
Christ and the catholic mass

lilitalienboi16

Christmas?
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 03:39:22 PM »

Baptism, all those physical rituals are all shadows of spiritual realities that are complete through Christ. If i remember this correctly.

So what God really wants from you is not you to show your love by doing physical things, but by FOLLOWING HIS COMMANDMANTS. Jesus said it plainly.

You cannot serv two masters, this world or Him, if you are a friend of this world you are an enemy of Christ, i think He put that one plainly out like that also. I can't remember the exact verse quotes for these, but the're in the new testement.

Anyway Hes not gonna hate you for being baptised, or look down upon you, He loves everyone :)

Remember GOd is in COMPLETE AND TOTAL CONTROLE.

rvhill

Christmas?
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 08:55:10 PM »

I want a red rider bee bee gun :shock:  :twisted:  :mrgreen:

Kevin

Christmas?
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 09:03:05 PM »

You'll put your eye out kid.

leeney

Christmas?
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2006, 09:09:30 PM »

Hey, I grew up on a farm, with 3 brothers, and bee bee guns!  Very scary!  I kid you not!

leeney

nightmare sasuke

Christmas?
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2006, 09:13:39 PM »

Quote from: Kevin
You'll put your eye out kid.

I want the Vatican secret library! But Santa (A.K.A. Satan) is pagan and won't give it to me! Don't worry, I got him good—I sprinkled some Holy Water on my wish list that I sent to him for Christmas. The Easter bunny is going to be angry, too, though. He wouldn’t give me an omelet for Easter, so I sent him a half starved wolf. But I'll tell ya’, the shipping was ridiculous.

orion77

Christmas?
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2006, 09:15:04 PM »

I hear ya, Leeney.  BB guns, bottle rockets, soaken corn cobs.  We used to make forts up in the loft of the barn.  Luckily nobody lost an eye, but came close a few times.   :lol:

Gary

Kevin

Christmas?
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 09:24:40 PM »

Alright, since we are talking about beebee guns. You have to know what a Benjamin pellet gun is. I remember when I was a kid my older brother would shoot me when I would run across the yard Man that was Mean of him :twisted:
Nightmare I thought I seen reports of smoke rising in uncharted areas of the north pole. Are you the culprit?
I hope that wolf is full now. If he isnt maybe we can feed him the tooth fairy.

gmik

Christmas
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2006, 09:28:02 PM »

Boy this is a hard one for me.  I don't want to go back into legalism.   But I don't want to follow pagan customs either.  Can we just enjoy the lights and carols and snow and showing love to one another with gift giving.  I don't think that I am worshiping any old heathen diety.  My kids were NEVER taught anything about santa. Now with a granddaughter it will be hard to not celebrate-especially as my grown children are solidly grounded in a non denominational church.  I don't want this to be an idol of the heart but so far no red flags have gone up in my spirit to stop this. l Maybe the best way is to move to Florida and bask on the beach Christmas Day.  God will show me of this I have no doubt.

gmik

Christmas
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2006, 09:30:23 PM »

Hey Falcon/Rodger if you are out there reading in cyberland, I know you have a funny quip or joke or something really deep to share on these bee bee guns.  Where are you? I miss your posts!

zander

Christmas?
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 12:44:34 PM »

Christmas is a Pagan tradition that was celebrated years before the birth of Christ.  In around the year 350AD, the then Pope tied it in with Christ's birth, as so many pepole liked celebrating pagan Christmas, so the Pope decided that it would be a good idea to make all these people also beleive that it was celebrating Christ's birth.  Do a Google search on "Christmas Pagan"

ANother pagan tradition formed by the firm.

zander

Christmas?
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2006, 01:17:33 PM »

Becky,

Its not so much whether to cel;ebrate or not celebrate Christmas.  The truth is, there is nothing to actually celebrate.  Sure, i love (as well as most people) i love having the time off, because i see my friends, i go out and see family.  But only because i have the time off, and its welcomed.  But i wouldnt say i celebrate something that comes from Nordic tradition pre Christs birth.

Most pagan ideas came from Egypt.  The pagan ideas then filtered into the Church, here is what God says about celebrating such ideas.

"Thus says the Lord, LEARN NOT THE WAY OF THE HEATHEN…" (Jer. 10:2)

Deut. 12:30—"Take heed to yourself that you BE NOT SNARED BY FOLLOWING THEM, after that they be destroyed from before you, and that you enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serve their gods? EVEN SO WILL WE DO LIKEWISE."

Lev. 20:23—"And YOU SHALL NOT WALK IN THE MANNERS OF THE NATION, which I cast out before you: for they committed all these things, and therefore I ABHORRED them."

Lev. 18:3—"After the doings of the land of EGYPT, wherein you dwelled, SHALL YOU NOT DO: and after the doings of the land of Canaan, where I bring you, SHALL YOU NOT DO: neither shall you walk in their ordinances."

Sure Jesus did do some physical things in his ministry, but all these physical things that Christ did had a spiritual meaning and had to be physical to make his disciples understand.  For example, when he broke the bread and gave to his disciples, telling them they were eating his body, Jesus knew he had to do the physical act (of breaking and giving bread) to make the disciples understand the spiritual meaning behind it.  Its obvious that we dont inherit Christs body by taking physical holy communion.  All physical rituals are defunct in our spiritual growth.  It is from the inward out that we are judged on.  We "eat" Christs body Spiritually, not physically
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.