bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: From the email section  (Read 7128 times)

Sorin

From the email section
« on: December 12, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »

The one titled: Adultery

"Mr. Smith, I have had a strong calling from God since I was a young boy.  I grew up Methodist, Southern Baptist, Moravian, and Non Denominational.  I never was comfortable with what was taught in the church and early on started to pose questions that would go unanswered.  I am an married adult now and I love to study Gods word and tell people about the truth, but I always miss the mark when it comes to giving myself fully to God who is tugging away at me.  Sounds like I have to get the beam out of my eye because I love to tell people whats wrong with them. Im the type of person who knows allot about Gods word and wants to give myself fully to Him but never does.  My love of drinking and hanging out with my friends gets in the way.  I recently went to a party without my wife and had too much to drink and ended up committing adultery.  I am so ashamed.  I never thought I would do such a horrible act.  What do I need to do?  Is it over between me and God?  Will he continue to call me?  Can I ever be the child he wants me to be?  I am very scared Mr. Smith and would appreciate your feedback.   God bless your Heart,  Chad

Dear Chad:  "What do [you] need to do?"  REPENT.  How do you repent?  Only God can bring you to repentance (Rom. 2:4); only God can drag you to Christ (John 6:44); only God can accomplish His achievement [workmanship] in you (Eph. 2:8-10).  You must come to really hate your sins before you (through) God, will truly repent of your sins and stop doing them.  You obviously are not there yet.  Pray that God brings you to that place in your life.

God be with you,

Ray
"

-------------------------

This guy is much like me, in that We both feel a 'calling' from God, yet we both can't seem to give up drinking {and in my case even smoking} and well, basically, the pleasures and or desires of the flesh. And as Ray said, we must come to really hate our sins before we truly repent of them and before we will stop doing them. I guess I am also 'not there yet' because my repenting has been in vain, because I end up doing the same things I repented of all over again.

I used to always believe that we had free-will, that our lives are not preordained, that I am the captain of my soul, and in total control of my life, but after discovering Ray's site, I no longer believe that to be true. I believe that my life could not have been any different
then it was, and everything that happened was meant to happen, was supposed to happen. I used to also believe that God had nothing to do with our lives in terms of what we will be when we grow up, when we will get married, and with whom, whether it will be a good marriage or one that ends in divorce, but apparently He is in control of that too. And also, I never knew {since church never teaches} that God creates evil... and that we are the beast. So The Holocaust was supposed to happen, there is no way Hitler could have chosen to be something else, someone that 'loves Jews' and dark colored people. It was all of God, for He creates evil.

I really don't know where I'm going with this, and it appears I've strayed a bit from where I've started-but thank you for reading.

-Sorin
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 11:53:36 PM by Sorin »

M_Oliver

Re: From the email section
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 10:06:32 PM »

Dear Chad:  "What do [you] need to do?"  REPENT.  How do you repent?  Only God can bring you to repentance (Rom. 2:4); only God can drag you to Christ (John 6:44); only God can accomplish His achievement [workmanship] in you (Eph. 2:8-10).  You must come to really hate your sins before you (through) God, will truly repent of your sins and stop doing them.  You obviously are not there yet.  Pray that God brings you to that place in your life.

God be with you,

Ray[/i]"

-------------------------

This guy is much like me, in that We both feel a 'calling' from God, yet we both can't seem to give up drinking {and in my case even smoking} and well, basically, the pleasures and or desires of the flesh. And as Ray said, we must come to really hate our sins before we truly repent of them and before we will stop doing them. I guess I am also 'not there yet' because my repenting has been in vain, because I end up doing the same things I repented of all over again.

-Sorin

There once was an Apostle who knew this same thing...

Sorin I have to admit YOU DO put yourself out there for everyone to see.  That takes a set of you know what.  The few of our generation don't do it quite as good as you do.  Know it has a purpose.  Be glad about that.  I'm in your camp brother, not with everything, but with alot.  I'm beginning to see that the few chosen is widdled down even further by weeding out those who THINK they have overcome.

Mark 

Sorin

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 10:31:18 PM »

Hi Mark, thanks for those words and your honesty.

God Bless,

Sorin

Prosizz

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 03:40:46 PM »

I am not sure if you are trying to find an excuse to your sinful life when you state that "I believe that my life could not have been any different
then it was, and everything that happened was meant to happen, was supposed to happen."
, yet I will also testify that I am still struggling with  my daily carnal life. I always wonder if I am excusing myself when I console myself with word like "The gross mistake I just made was suppose to happen". I feel sometime that somethings in my life I should have control over, which I think I do sometime but certain whims and desires I fall prey to daily.Why, I can't explain. It is just hard.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 04:03:56 PM »

I believe what this Thread highlights for us all to read and see, is the process via which we are supposed to experience our sins before we are caused to hate, loath and despise them via judgement on ourselves.

It is all good! :) and that is not to say that sin is good or the process is painless. Sin is not good, pain is not pleasant and God's ways are not the same as the carnal ways of man who would prefer to learn comfortably. Like the chicken who gives the egg. Well that's fine but the Pig who gives the Bacon. Well that's got to hurt. Many are called to journey through this process but few come out hating their sins hence many chickens and cowards. Many find ways to compromise through self justification and cluck their way through the chicken pens and never know the pig pen of suffering filth of sins desired to be removed and to be delivered from.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

M_Oliver

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 09:47:12 PM »

God Bless,

Sorin

Your welcome.  Thank you.

Mark

Sorin

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2007, 11:05:35 PM »

I am not sure if you are trying to find an excuse to your sinful life when you state that "I believe that my life could not have been any different
then it was, and everything that happened was meant to happen, was supposed to happen."
, yet I will also testify that I am still struggling with  my daily carnal life. I always wonder if I am excusing myself when I console myself with word like "The gross mistake I just made was suppose to happen". I feel sometime that somethings in my life I should have control over, which I think I do sometime but certain whims and desires I fall prey to daily.Why, I can't explain. It is just hard.

Hi Prosizz,

Even IF I were 'trying to find an excuse'; would it really matter to God? Will He then say to me, well you have a really good excuse, therefore you're excused?

But I'm not 'trying to find an excuse', because I chose to do all those things out of the abundance of my own heart, which is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked. Who can know it? Jer 17:9

As for feeling that there should be somethings in your life that you should have control over, well you do, you have the ability to choose, but not the ability to make an uncaused choice. You do however bring up a good point, but since we lack free will, and our lives are preordained, and since God Is Sovereign, then that's just the way it is.

As Ray said: " We have the ability to choose, but in the end we will make the only possible choice we could have made"
or something to that affect, correct me if I misquoted him.

So that's what I meant by everything that happened was supposed to happen, and I guess it was all for a reason, a learning experience if you will...

Peace,

Sorin

Sorin

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2007, 11:09:00 PM »

God Bless,

Sorin

Your welcome.  Thank you.

Mark

Thank you too Mark.  :)

eskimojerry

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 12:27:00 PM »

Sorin, I feel that I truly relate to what you are saying. Thank you for your honesty. You know, it baffles me. I learn all these spiritual truths that Ray relates to us and yet, I cannot attain that which I've learned. In my soul, it seems like it is the biggest thing that I want, but in reality, its just not possible for me to attain that now. And I thank God that I'm not beating myself over that anymore. There is still that striving for that goal...

Sorin

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 08:37:01 PM »

Sorin, I feel that I truly relate to what you are saying.

Well, that's good.  :)

Quote from: eskimojerry
Thank you for your honesty.

You're most welcomed.

Quote from: eskimojerry
You know, it baffles me. I learn all these spiritual truths that Ray relates to us and yet, I cannot attain that which I've learned. In my soul, it seems like it is the biggest thing that I want, but in reality, its just not possible for me to attain that now. And I thank God that I'm not beating myself over that anymore. There is still that striving for that goal...

I know just what you mean...

Take care,

Sorin

M_Oliver

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2007, 11:18:46 PM »

You know, it baffles me. I learn all these spiritual truths that Ray relates to us and yet, I cannot attain that which I've learned.

Will those WHO HAVE please anounce themselves!

Holding my breath...
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 22 queries.