bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Great Pics From Shuttle Mission  (Read 5050 times)

hillsbororiver

Great Pics From Shuttle Mission
« on: December 15, 2007, 12:16:25 PM »

An old friend sent me the link to these pictures from a space shuttle mission (Endeavour), extraordinary clarity, check it out;

http://www.texasjim.com/NASApix/NASA%20pix.htm

Peace,

Joe

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Re: Great Pics From Shuttle Mission
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2007, 12:33:04 PM »

I've seen these before Joe, great clarity.  I wondered if they were real because the pictures of space did not show stars.  I wonder why?

Craig

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2007, 01:10:30 PM »

I also wonder why the American Flag appears to be waving in the wind on the pictures of the landing on the Moon ;) Great photo technology though, if that is what it is.  :D

Patrick

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2007, 02:35:31 PM »

I also wonder why the American Flag appears to be waving in the wind on the pictures of the landing on the Moon ;) Great photo technology though, if that is what it is.  :D

;) ;D
A paragraph form "Windows To The Universe"; On July 20, 1969, two Apollo 11 astronauts planted an American flag on the surface of the moon. The flag was a standard 3-foot-by-5-foot nylon flag that was altered by sewing a hem along the top. A telescoping crossbar, hinged to the flagpole, was extended through this hem so that when the flag was planted on the Moon, it would stand out instead of hanging limp against the flagpole (as it would normally do, since there is no wind on the Moon). When the flag was planted, astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin had a little trouble getting the telescoping crossbar to extend to its full length, and so it ended up being a little shorter than it should have been. As a result, the flag was bunched up slightly and looked like it was actually "waving in the breeze."

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2007, 02:48:50 PM »

Oh! That makes sense. Thank you. :D

What about the film footage of the flag waving ??? Is there an explanation for that as well perhaps? :) Maybe it was just bumped and there was a perpetual motion effect. If so then perpetual motion does exist then, in a vacuum....?  Where's Einstein?  :D :)

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

gmik

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2007, 10:57:00 PM »

Beautiful pics.

We are puny compared to His creation!!!

musicman

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 02:32:31 AM »

The reason that you can't see stars in those photos is because our sun's light is far too overwhelming to allow for the starlight to enter ones perspective in space.  We only see the stars at night because our sun isn't large enough to radiate light from the other side of our planet.

For those who believe the moon landings' footage took place in the desert, I believe Buzz Aldrin would disagree.  Didn't he punch somebody who asked him if they actually went there?  Also there was a movie (and a mission) called "Apollo 13".  Why would they have gone through the trouble of a failed mission if they knew that they weren't going there anyway?  I think they went!!  I also believe that Moslem extremists crashed planes into the Trade Center towers.

Oh, and about evolution. . . .

It's a crock!!

OJ did it!!!

Never mind!!!   

eggi

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2007, 01:27:50 PM »

I think this interview says it all. At least he (Buzz Aldrin) didn't punch this interviewer in the face!
 :) ;D :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKedyQQkZQ

God bless you,
Eirik

It appears he did punch someone... Not good...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQKxAqpjroo
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 01:30:15 PM by eggi »
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.