bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi all.  (Read 4839 times)

Truth101

Hi all.
« on: December 16, 2007, 08:40:19 AM »

Hi all,

I have been reading on bible truths.com for about 4-5 years. I've read and studied most of the articals 2 or 3 times and always find more treasures I just never saw the first time.

When I first found the site it was through my mother inlaw who found it very interesting but had some issues with it since she and I were "christians". She new my struggles with the popular doctrine of Christianity and she herself had issues as well. I left church and any study for (funny how it was this many) exactly 7 years at which point God had pointed me to Rays site. At first I was in search of any flaw in the teaching but began realizing I wasnt finding any. I studied till my eyes dried out every day cross referencing over and over with excitment. I spent a good 2 years straight with my nose in my monitor. God had surely grabbed hold of me.

I had left the church 7 years before I found Rays site after praying and telling God there was no way I can continue studying his word after witnessing the mass deception merely in fundimental beliefs and questioned the whole concept of hell and eternal torment. There was just something not right with it all.

One of my biggest issues with eternal death was that truely it would be better to be born before Christ lived. I say this because Christian doctrine teaches that while Christ was in the grave He went and preached to all the dead and lead them out of captivity. Now if He did this for those who lived before He came to the earth, what of those who live after He was crucified? Did they just fall on the wrong side of the coin so, too bad!!!?

With this in mind I struggled with God being just and fair, balanced. So as you can see I had to say to God what I did. "I will not study and I will not go to church until you (God) show me the true path, the absolute truth of your word, not The divided denominationalism I have witness up until now."

After finally studying everything on the site I came to the conclusion this was it, this was the truth. While coming to this conclusion I went through the most humbling experience of my life as probably most of you did as well. I was firm in what I believed I was even prideful of all that I learned and studied, I could out quote out teach most of the pastors I was under. That is why I was completely humbled and ashamed. I spent the next 6-8 months madder than HE- double hockey sticks . Mad at the fact I was lied to for such a huge part of my life. Living and teaching these lies for over 20 years.

God removed that anger from me. About a year and a half ago I found myself in that same wilderness again not knowing what to do with what I had recieved. I again looked to God and said "let your will be done Lord, I dont know what to do with this. I found myself on debate forums depating myself into an early grave so to speak. I soon found that there was no point in debating with those who have not or will not recieve the truth. I have binders and binders of my debates I printed out. Theres alot of good stuff in there but I truly know what casting your pearls before the swine is now.

Anyways, now I find myself here in this forum desiring to grow more now that I actually have fellowship with like minded brothers and sisters. I am so greatful for this forum, you shall hear more input and probably a thousand times more questions from me.

If you actually read this long post I hope my testimony helps another in some way.

God bless all,

Dave

chav

Re: Hi all.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »

Hi Dave welcome

After finally studying everything on the site I came to the conclusion this was it, this was the truth. While coming to this conclusion I went through the most humbling experience of my life as probably most of you did as well. I was firm in what I believed I was even prideful of all that I learned and studied, I could out quote out teach most of the pastors I was under. That is why I was completely humbled and ashamed. I spent the next 6-8 months madder than HE- double hockey sticks . Mad at the fact I was lied to for such a huge part of my life. Living and teaching these lies for over 20 years.

I can certainly concur with the above. It also came as quite a shock to my system when I too realised that the world of certainty I thought I inhabited was  in fact an illusion.

Anyway welcome to the forum.

Dave UK

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 10:13:32 AM »

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Forum Brother!

I had to smile while reading the portion of your introduction that dealt with your attempt to spread the Good News to those who cannot see or hear, so many of us have been there and experienced virtually the same thing. It truly underlines the fact that it is God who opens one's eyes and ears, He may use us at some point but we do not force the action, we patiently wait for questions while we prepare ourselves and ready ourselves to provide an answer in His time.

We need to pray for the spiritual strength to be a good example in words and deeds so those around us can detect something different about us, perhaps even a certain godliness that will pique their curiousity as to the source of our strength.

1Pe 3:15  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Very happy to have you among us.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Kat

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 10:54:27 AM »

Hi Dave,

I'm glad that you have joined us here  :)
You did take the long way around I see, but the experiences I'm sure have given you a more solid foundation on which to stand.  It is good to have the fellowship of this forum, to discuss the many questions that come to mind after we come to a knowledge of the truth. 
As with you I continually re-read the articles, every time I have receive more understanding.  I hope you will share with us more, as we seek the mysteries of the kingdom.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Rene

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 12:32:14 PM »

Welcome to the forum Dave.

I enjoy reading the testimony of those who arrive at BT.  The circumstances may be different, but the stories sound familiar. 

The forum is a safe place to come and share as you continue to grow in truth and understanding.  Those "spiritual pearls" you have been blessed to receive will not be wasted here. 

Rene'     

Beloved

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 01:31:12 PM »

Welcome aboard Dave

Isn't it wonderful that the Father has this plan and it so much bigger than the selfish sentiments that our fellow carnal christian are peddling to the world out there about our Savior. 

Like Ray says the Bible is a paprable but unfortunately we still all struggle when we read the poor translations of it and learn to discard all the man made traditions that we have accumulated.

It is nice to have a place where we can share our thoughts and begin to learn to fellowship like members of His body.

Psa 34:8 
O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him

Beloved

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »

Welcome to the Forum Dave! ;D

Craig copied one of our members posts wherein Bob wrote the following :

We are something like undergraduate students in God's University.  We all know that we shall become
Bachelors and Masters and Philosophers eventually (BA, MA, PhD) but for now we do not stand before
any other persons, outside the University, and present ourselves as competent instructors.

Yes, we do write theses and present them to our Teacher once per semester.  And yes we do present
our ideas and theses to one another for practice and to check the spelling and appropriate use of
words according to accepted meaning, but we are not graduates, we are not professors, we are yet
students and have not earned the right and are not qualified to speak for God.

This time of testing is to allow us to grow in knowledge and wisdom and the grace of our Lord.  We are
to grow in grace by exercising grace, by patiently enduring the daily trials that come to all who love
God more than self.  There will be time enough for us to teach in the resurrection to LIFE.
http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?action=profile;u=3;sa=showPosts;start=15

It is wonderful to be part of this team that is helping us to articulate and integrate the deep truths we have received via Ray. It is so very different to be studying Rays teaching in the absence of training and exercise of the truths that the Forum most certainly provides and blesses us to receive, serve, encourage, edify and fellowship.

Just as an aside. While reading your beautiful testimony, I recalled crying almost pitifully while standing next to the podium as the Priest delivered his sermon. I had no clue why I had this reaction. I do now! :D

Peace to you

Arcturus :)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2007, 02:10:01 PM by Arcturus »

Phil3:10

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2007, 02:55:14 PM »

Welcome Dave,
It is truly amazing to me how so many people come to the Bible-Truths and the Forum web sites. Most are dismayed with the church system and GOD has touched their hearts to search for HIS truths. John 6:37, 39. 40, 44 becomes so vivid when we all come to believe the truth that no man can come to Christ, except the FATHER which has sent CHRIST draw him.
John Bunyan said it is best to be taught by GOD. "Read and read again, and do not dispair of help to understand the will and mind of GOD though you think they are fast locked up from you.  Neither trouble your heads though you have not commentaries and exposition.  Pray and read, read and pray; for a little from GOD is better than a great deal from men.  Also, what is from men is uncertain, and is often lost and tumbled over by men; but what is from GOD is fixed as a nail in a sure place.  There is nothing that so abides with us as what we receive from GOD; and the reason why the Christian in this day are at such a loss as to some things is that they are contented with what comes from men's mouths without searching and kneeling before GOD to know of HIM the truth of all things. Things we receive of GOD'S hand come to us as truths from the minting house, though old in themselves, yet new to us.  Old truths are always new to us if they come with the smell of heaven upon them."
We can only abide in HIM and continually pray for HIS grace and HIS teaching. I do think this is what personally I am receiving outside the Babylonian system. I am so grateful to Ray and all involved for sustaining me as I grow in HIM.  I am sure you will find the same.
Phil3:10

Truth101

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 03:03:44 AM »

Thanks all for your welcome.

I know without a doubt I am in the right place. While in the church I struggled to find a sign of any denomination absolutely walking in ONE spirit and ONE accord in absolute agreement. Well now I know without a doubt that this is the Lords own. Theres no debate, no struggle, no disagreements or hostility. This is the place for me. It is the place the Lord called me to so long ago and to me it feels as though I have reached the promised land even though its only the first step. As I've grown more and more those thoughts seem to only grow stronger. It is by this beautiful unity of spirit and mind that I feel at home and as home, I need look no further.

God bless all, and thanks again for the welcome.

Dave
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.