bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Sell Christendom's books???  (Read 11186 times)

Brett

Sell Christendom's books???
« on: April 30, 2006, 05:56:22 PM »

Hello,

I was student pastor of theological but I left Babylon. I have so many books on my shelf that belong to Christendom (carnal mind). I wanted to get rid of books but my wife told me that I should sell books because I spend close to 1,000 or at least. I am affraid to sell books because in 2 Cor. 2:17 Paul said,

"For we are not as the MAJORITY, who are http://PEDDLING the word of God…" (Concordant Literal New Testament).

My books is not real truth, it belongs to Christendom/Babylon. I don't sell the real truth like Ray and Mike have.

Is that okay I sell (untruth, Christendom) that are not relate to 2 Cor. 2:17? Let me know if you have experience or knowledge.

Thank you

SteveB

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 06:24:24 PM »

My books is not real truth, it belongs to Christendom/Babylon. I don't sell the real truth like Ray and Mike have.

Is that okay I sell (untruth, Christendom) that are not relate to 2 Cor. 2:17? Let me know if you have experience or knowledge.

No man, dont do it. Selling this crap will perpetuate the LIES! Burn them is was i did with most of my orthodox books.

Not all orthodox books are all bad. I've learned FACTS from orthodoxy, so keep the books like that and the rest, BURN! :twisted:

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 06:52:08 PM »

Quote from: SteveB

No man, dont do it. Selling this crap will perpetuate the LIES! Burn them is was i did with most of my orthodox books.

Not all orthodox books are all bad. I've learned FACTS from orthodoxy, so keep the books like that and the rest, BURN! :twisted:

I was thinking the same thing,

Don't spread the lies and hatred, just get rid of them. God will take care of you and your family completely, wether it be income problems or not. You will be fine :)

shibboleth

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2006, 06:57:01 PM »

I have been in a number of denominations and have spent much money on books, tapes, videos, tracts and other things to learn more about the new church I was in. After I left each church, I gave much of my material away. The things I kept were mainly for reference in case I had a question about what Christiandom teaches, I could find it in my books. I don't think I could sell any of this stuff. But I would give it away, if I thought someone would use it  only for reference purposes. Anymore, I just don't feel right about selling Gods stuff.

Sorin

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 07:18:31 PM »

I know that hell does not exist, but I do think it would be great to burn all those books and be like " burn in your christian hell". :lol:

Brett

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2006, 10:22:44 PM »

Thanks everyone. I appreciate your feedback. All I need to know what you have learned. I planned to threw them away but my wife wanted me to sell it. Maybe I should sneak and threw books away and hope my wife will not find out  :roll:, but she may find out  :oops:.

Most of my books like commentaries, theologians, general christains books that are no truth in it. And I plan give some books back to my old church (Babylon) that they gave me. I keep few books.

Ray and Mike are the only straightforward truth.

Mickyd

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2006, 07:49:17 AM »

I don't think that there is anything wrong with hanging on to these books...Even though they may be wrong on a great many things, there is still much to be learned from them. I have many books that I keep around just for referance.

eutychus

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 10:09:56 AM »

Ac 19:19
Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver

ertsky

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 10:26:53 AM »

:lol: Sorin

it would be great to burn all those books and be like " burn in your christian hell".

i would be there, casting finney's biography into the flames yelling "take that  finney"

condemn me now if you can, carnal fear inspired unspiritual writings LOL!

f

classic  :lol:

i'd like to chase the real charles finney around the room armed with a teaspoon and wrap him on the forehead with it everytime he accused someone of being backslidden because they missed a prayer meeting LOL! (just kidding, just kidding)

Laren

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 10:27:33 AM »

Quote from: Brett

Statements like this scare me.  Only one truth.  Keep searching.  Never trust man.  

Pro 3:5  Trust in Jehovah with all thy heart, And lean not upon thine own understanding:

Pro 3:6  In all thy ways acknowledge him, And he will direct thy paths.

SteveB

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 12:28:44 PM »

Statements like this scare me. Only one truth. Keep searching. Never trust man.

Pro 3:5 Trust in Jehovah with all thy heart, And lean not upon thine own understanding:

Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, And he will direct thy paths.

"never trust man" may be true but God uses the foolishness of preaching thru MEN to save His people.

Laren, you know of any lie that Ray and Mike are teaching? Inquiring Minds...

1Jo 4:6  We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby,  know we the spirit of truth,and the spirit of error.

1Co 4:16 I beseech you, therefore,-become imitators of me.

Peace...STeve

Laren

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 02:49:43 PM »

Statements like this scare me. Only one truth. Keep searching. Never trust man.

Pro 3:5 Trust in Jehovah with all thy heart, And lean not upon thine own understanding:

Pro 3:6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, And he will direct thy paths.

"never trust man" may be true but God uses the foolishness of preaching thru MEN to save His people.

Laren, you know of any lie that Ray and Mike are teaching? Inquiring Minds...

1Jo 4:6  We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby,  know we the spirit of truth,and the spirit of error.

1Co 4:16 I beseech you, therefore,-become imitators of me.

Peace...STeve

Steve, I'm not saying they are teaching any lies, at least not purposely.  
They teach what has been revealed to them.  But the revelation of Christ in each of us is a process, a process of going through the seals described in the book of Revelation.  As far as I know, noone has gone through to  completion of these, and Christ is not fully revealed to any of us.  What we see is in part, not in completion yet.  Fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith.  Full truth, is only in Jesus, not in man's teachings.

Brett

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 12:40:21 AM »

Quote from: Laren

Statements like this scare me.  Only one truth.  Keep searching.  Never trust man.  

Pro 3:5  Trust in Jehovah with all thy heart, And lean not upon thine own understanding:

Laren,

I understand your point. Even I was fully trust in God's words but could not percieve His words in SPIRIT. For long years, I had percieve God's words was in FLESH, not in spiritual things. It was God's own best time. Until, I found them without my intending and they SHOWED very plain and simple truth of God, now I could see the very real truth. They show more verses to verses plus matching spiritual things with spiritual WITHOUT their own intertrepting like the Christendom does (1 Cor. 2:13; 2 Pet. 1:20). Of course, I trust God daily but He also used Noah, Moses, prophets, John the Baptist, Jesus [God], apostles and now today we are to test in spirit whether if man is from God or not (1 John 4:6). I didn't know what Rich and Lazarus parables means (even I was stupid student pastor) but Ray showed the deep of parables and Greek words of define of Rich man and Lazarus, now I finally thank God to showed me the real means. If I don't find Ray's site, then for sure I would preach with threat that Rich man has gone to Hell eternal! I do want to be damnable and heresies.

Jesus is our savior but not only for us but also for the WHOLE WORLD! 1 John 2:2.  O:)

Hope this makes sense.

Laren

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 01:56:15 AM »

Quote from: Laren

Laren,

I understand your point. Even I was fully trust in God's words but could not percieve His words in SPIRIT. For long years, I had percieve God's words was in FLESH, not in spiritual things. It was God's own best time. Until, I found them without my intending and they SHOWED very plain and simple truth of God, now I could see the very real truth. They show more verses to verses plus matching spiritual things with spiritual WITHOUT their own intertrepting like the Christendom does (1 Cor. 2:13; 2 Pet. 1:20). Of course, I trust God daily but He also used Noah, Moses, prophets, John the Baptist, Jesus [God], apostles and now today we are to test in spirit whether if man is from God or not (1 John 4:6). I didn't know what Rich and Lazarus parables means (even I was stupid student pastor) but Ray showed the deep of parables and Greek words of define of Rich man and Lazarus, now I finally thank God to showed me the real means. If I don't find Ray's site, then for sure I would preach with threat that Rich man has gone to Hell eternal! I do want to be damnable and heresies.

Jesus is our savior but not only for us but also for the WHOLE WORLD! 1 John 2:2.  O:)

Hope this makes sense.

Yes, makes sense, and i agree.   :D  :D

Brett

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 06:46:48 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
In my opinion I do not think any book should be burned! I would have to say that these books you have could be used to help you to refute the lies they contain! I would go through them and I would refute the lies with the truth and these could really be a good learning for you! I would combat the writtings in these books with the truth of God's word and make notes beside each lie that you see or read! Put the scripture verse beside each lie you come across with the truth of God's word and you never know when you may have to confront someone on the teachings these books have!! They would be a good way for you to study and really dig deep into the truths of God!! I do believe you could really get some good "meat" from God's word to refute this christiandom literature!
 Just my opinion!!
 It would kinda be like really seeing what God has brought you out of!!

bobby

Thanks bobby. I appreciate you shared with your opinion. I keep some of books for in case to refute Christondom.

Lightseeker

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 07:14:07 PM »

I know I'm jumping in a little late but would like to just share a couple of things.  

I once was studying a 'famous' book on the cults, so I could go out and argue against them.  The Spirit tapped me on the shoulder and said, "Major in the light, and don't worry about the darkness."  I've never forgot that word.

It's been said that Augustine was on his death bed with friends gathered around him.  He slipped away...and then suddennly his eyes popped open, he set up in bed and said, "All that I have written is but straw."

I don't know if this story is true or not.  But it is certainly thought provoking.

ECC 12:12  And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

SteveB

« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2006, 04:50:11 PM »

They teach what has been revealed to them. But the revelation of Christ in each of us is a process, a process of going through the seals described in the book of Revelation. As far as I know, noone has gone through to completion of these, and Christ is not fully revealed to any of us. What we see is in part, not in completion yet. Fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. Full truth, is only in Jesus, not in man's teachings.

Laren that first statement is no/yes equation. Either yes or no is the answer.

I'm aware of the process of the Revelation of Jesus Christ but HE USES THE FOOLISHNESS OF MEN TO REACH HIS GOALS.

So how can you say 'not in mans teaching' by that your saying dont trust RAy and Mike because there men?

That a contradiction, man.

Laren

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2006, 05:40:20 PM »

They teach what has been revealed to them. But the revelation of Christ in each of us is a process, a process of going through the seals described in the book of Revelation. As far as I know, noone has gone through to completion of these, and Christ is not fully revealed to any of us. What we see is in part, not in completion yet. Fix your eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith. Full truth, is only in Jesus, not in man's teachings.

Laren that first statement is no/yes equation. Either yes or no is the answer.

I'm aware of the process of the Revelation of Jesus Christ but HE USES THE FOOLISHNESS OF MEN TO REACH HIS GOALS.

So how can you say 'not in mans teaching' by that your saying dont trust RAy and Mike because there men?

That a contradiction, man.

PM me if u want more explanation, this board is not the place

EZE

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2006, 08:33:56 AM »

Ok word up Homies... Getting back to the topic at hand 'Should we sell Christendom's books?'
Y'know what? Why not - sell that rubbish off and make some coin.
You may even decide to donate the profits to Ray and Mike's web hosting.

These books are going to be purchased anyway and it's not as though you're selling truth is it? Nay - tis not.

What's this bizarre nonsensical idea about burning them?
Really, what possible long term benefit is that going to have?
Yeah that'll really help won't it, you've burned your copies now the world is a safer place... Hello?
There is an invention call the printing press people - these books are still being printed by their thousands.
Kind of like this Christian I know who borrows books from the library and blacks out any offensive language she finds in them with a biro thinking she's somehow doing the world a favour...

If you're really serious about showing people truth then write a scriptural refutation to 1 or more of these books.
I have - check out the following link -

http://squarecircles.blogspot.com/2006/04/keys-to-financial-excellence.html

EZE

SteveB

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2006, 09:52:29 AM »

Ok word up Homies... Getting back to the topic at hand 'Should we sell Christendom's books?'
Y'know what? Why not - sell that rubbish off and make some coin.
You may even decide to donate the profits to Ray and Mike's web hosting.

Yo HOmie(lol!) YOu dont sell lies Homie you BURN THEM! :twisted:
And I'm sure Ray and Mike DONT WANT THAT MONEY!

These books are going to be purchased anyway and it's not as though you're selling truth is it? Nay - tis not.

What's this bizarre nonsensical idea about burning them?
Really, what possible long term benefit is that going to have?
Yeah that'll really help won't it, you've burned your copies now the world is a safer place... Hello?

Hello...this is from the Bible homie...

Ac 19:19
Many of them also which used curious arts brought their books together, and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of silver

There is an invention call the printing press people - these books are still being printed by their thousands.
Kind of like this Christian I know who borrows books from the library and blacks out any offensive language she finds in them with a biro thinking she's somehow doing the world a favour...

This makes a lot cents. Well Hustler magazine is still being printed so if we have on of those we shouldnt get rid of it right? Which is worse spiritual adultry or physical adultry?

My Homie Jesus dont play dat!Word :D
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.