bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sell Christendom's books???  (Read 11185 times)

EZE

Sell Christendom's books???
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2006, 10:42:58 AM »

Ah Steve.
It appears I stand corrected - well said mate.
I still don't see the point in burning it though, terrible waste to me.

I recently chose to sell my 'Christian' nonsense on ebay.
Yes I can see the shocked expressions on your faces now, my oh my what was I thinking...

Steve is right though, scripturally speaking I should have burned them.
Oh well, at least now I know!

EZE

EZE

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006, 02:20:27 AM »

Actually Steve after some thought I'm not so sure you're right about this...

I mean, where do we draw the line with this?

Ok, what about if you live in a small country town and the only supermarket in town is owned by a false minister and all profits go directly to his babylonian church?
Am I to forego purchasing goods from there because he will profit from it? I mean really, by me purchasing from there I am in effect perpetuating his deception am I not? Should I burn his supermarket to the ground? That seems to be your logic Steve...

Ok, how about this one...
I live in an isolated part of the world and there is only 1 butcher in town and he's a practicing satanist. Before he kills the animals he performs a satanic ritual of some sort and offers the blood of the beast to Satan. What now Steve?
Should his butchery be reduced to ashes and he run out of town?

Actually Steve Paul addressed this exact issue in 1 Corinthians 10.
The scripture he used to justify eating such meat was 'The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof'.

Couldn't I say the same thing about selling Christendom's books Steve?
The earth is the Lord's mate, what's it really matter if I sell it or not?

Yes, the books were burned in the days of the apostles but when was the printing press invented Steve? 1600ish I believe.
By burning those books, they may well have 'quelled the tide' of deception for a good season.

Let me know your thoughts Steve and try not to be so derogatory in your response, I'm not a complete idiot.

EZE

EZE

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006, 02:25:35 AM »

Steve you said this - "...And I'm sure Ray and Mike DONT WANT THAT MONEY!"

Are you on first name basis with both Ray and Mike Steve?
Have you infact posed this exact question to them?
I'd like to know if you have...

Also Steve, you quoted Ac 19:19.
But Steve c'mon mate, 'no scripture is of it's own interpretation' - 2 Peter 1.20
Do you have a 2nd and 3rd witness for your 'burn the books' theology?

EZE

SteveB

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006, 12:33:02 PM »

Actually Steve after some thought I'm not so sure you're right about this...

I mean, where do we draw the line with this?

Ok, what about if you live in a small country town and the only supermarket in town is owned by a false minister and all profits go directly to his babylonian church?
Am I to forego purchasing goods from there because he will profit from it? I mean really, by me purchasing from there I am in effect perpetuating his deception am I not? Should I burn his supermarket to the ground? That seems to be your logic Steve...

Dude, your WAY, WAY FAR OFF. We were talking about SELLING 'ORTHODOX CHRISTIAN' BOOKS FOR MONEY. Not burning peoples supermakets to the ground! And if you cant see the differece between buying a FAKE CHRISTIAN BOOK  and  buying a HAM SANDWICH then, i dont know what to say.

Ok, how about this one...
I live in an isolated part of the world and there is only 1 butcher in town and he's a practicing satanist. Before he kills the animals he performs a satanic ritual of some sort and offers the blood of the beast to Satan. What now Steve?
Should his butchery be reduced to ashes and he run out of town?

Thats creepy mate! YIKES! But were not talking about butchers were taking about selling 'christian' books.

Actually Steve Paul addressed this exact issue in 1 Corinthians 10.
The scripture he used to justify eating such meat was 'The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof'.

Couldn't I say the same thing about selling Christendom's books Steve?
The earth is the Lord's mate, what's it really matter if I sell it or not?

Selling books that DAMN THE SOUL and eating a t-bone steak is about as far apart a Satan and Christ.

Pro 23:23 Truth, buy thou, but do not sell, wisdom, and correction, and understanding.

Yes, the books were burned in the days of the apostles but when was the printing press invented Steve? 1600ish I believe.
By burning those books, they may well have 'quelled the tide' of deception for a good season.

ITS ABOUT WHAT YOU DO NOT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE DO!

Let me know your thoughts Steve and try not to be so derogatory in your response, I'm not a complete idiot.  

Sorry is you took it that way but haveing the screen name 'EZE'(dont know if you know but 'eze' here in the states was a rapper who was drug abuser, homosexual who died of aids)  and the first word out of your mouth was 'homie' I didnt know what to think. So i thought a little 'humor' was in order. Sorry if you took offence.

Steve you said this - "...And I'm sure Ray and Mike DONT WANT THAT MONEY!"

Are you on first name basis with both Ray and Mike Steve?
Have you infact posed this exact question to them?
I'd like to know if you have...

Well with Mike maybe, Ray I haven't emailed to much because he so busy. But they are both humble men and I'M SURE they wouldnt mind. And NO i havent posed this question to them. BUT YOU CAN TAKE IT TO THE BANK THAT THEY WILL TELL YOU THE SAME.

Also Steve, you quoted Ac 19:19.
But Steve c'mon mate, 'no scripture is of it's own interpretation' - 2 Peter 1.20
Do you have a 2nd and 3rd witness for your 'burn the books' theology?

If you read my original post you'd see I STILL HAVE REFERENCE BOOKS OF ORTHODOX 'CHRISTIANITY'. I WAS MAKING A JOKE OUT OF THE BURNING THE BOOKS!(even though i did burn my JOhn Hagee books) I wasNT saying you MUST BURN ALL YOUR BOOKS! EVEN THOUGH THATS WHAT GOD IS GOING TO DO TO ALL THE LIES WROTE IN THOSE BOOKS!

So here is a few verses that show about 'IDOLS OF THE HEART' (I.E. MONEY)

1. Act. 19:19

2. 1Jo 5:21  Little children,5040 keep5442 yourselves1438 from575 idols.1497 Amen.281

3.1Th 1:9  For1063 they846 themselves show518 of us what manner of entering in we had unto you, and how ye turned to God2316 from idols1497 to serve1398 the living and true God;

4.2Co 6:16  And what agreement hath the temple of God2316 with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God;2316 as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in1704 them; and I will be their God, and they shall be2071 my3427 people.

5.1Co 12:2  Ye know1492 that3754 ye were2258 Gentiles,1484 carried away520 unto4314 these dumb880 idols,1497 even as5613 ye were led.71, 302

6.Rev 2:14  But235 I have2192 a few things3641 against2596 thee,4675 because thou hast there1563 them that hold2902 the3588 doctrine1322 of Balaam, who taught1321 Balac904 to cast906 a stumblingblock4625 before the children of Israel,2474 to eat5315 things sacrificed unto idols,1494 and2532 to commit fornication.4203

7.Rom 2:22  Thou that sayest a man should not3361 commit adultery,3431 dost thou commit adultery?3431 thou that abhorrest948 idols,1497 dost thou commit sacrilege?

Peace...Steve

EZE

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006, 08:45:55 PM »

Steve thanks for your reply.
None of the scriptures you quoted though back up your position that we should burn these books though... Yes, we should 'keep ourselves from idols' but where is the implication we literally burn the heresy?
Btw, there's no need to HAVE EVERYTHING YOU QUOTE IN BIG WRITING... I am not blind.

You also totally missed the points I was making re the supermarket and the butcher and you blew it off as though it's not even related.
Are you so narrow minded Steve? Yeah, I'm really on about ham sanga's Steve... It was the principle behind where the funds go - It's absolutely related - same re the butcher.

Your concern is with the 'things of Christendom' is it not?
You're saying we should burn the books yes?
What about the Cd's, DVD's, Tapes, poster's etc? They have to go too?

What next Steve? Where do we stop?
My point with the 2 illustrations is where do we draw the line?

You don't seem to have an answer for that Steve. It would appear that you're just trying to emulate Ray by taking quotes of mine and throwing scripture at it... Hardly condusive to a good banter is it?
It comes across as totally over the top in most instances and especially when what you're quoting has no real relevance your point.

Let me know Steve

EZE

Btw, I am not an American (thank God) and have no idea about the whole rap scene over there... Sorry to have caused offense with my user name

SteveB

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006, 11:10:51 PM »

None of the scriptures you quoted though back up your position that we should burn these books though... Yes, we should 'keep ourselves from idols' but where is the implication we literally burn the heresy?
Btw, there's no need to HAVE EVERYTHING YOU QUOTE IN BIG WRITING... I am not blind.

Dude, you DO HAVE need of me to write in BIG WRITING because you missed completely what i said. So i'll try again...

If you read my original post you'd see I STILL HAVE REFERENCE BOOKS OF ORTHODOX 'CHRISTIANITY'. I WAS MAKING A JOKE OUT OF THE BURNING THE BOOKS!(even though i did burn my JOhn Hagee books) I wasNT saying you MUST BURN ALL YOUR BOOKS! EVEN THOUGH THATS WHAT GOD IS GOING TO DO TO ALL THE LIES WROTE IN THOSE BOOKS!

It was a JOKE!!! BUT, it is no sin to burn them! There your books, you could make paper airplanes out of them for all i care. Just dont sell them.

You also totally missed the points I was making re the supermarket and the butcher and you blew it off as though it's not even related.
Are you so narrow minded Steve? Yeah, I'm really on about ham sanga's Steve... It was the principle behind where the funds go - It's absolutely related - same re the butcher.

This had nothing to do WITH BUYING THE MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It had to do WITH SELLING THE MATERIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has to do with purpetuating the LIES and trying to make some money back on the sale. And then jusitify it by saying 'well i could give it to Ray or Mike'.

This is the question my friend and YOU MISSED THE POINT.

Man, you didnt even read my post so i'll try again...

I STILL HAVE 'CHRISTIAN' BOOKS AND AM NOT SAYING DONT BUY THEM. I'M SAYING DONT SELL THEM!!!!!

Pro 23:23 Truth, buy thou, but do not sell, wisdom, and correction, and understanding.

You don't seem to have an answer for that Steve. It would appear that you're just trying to emulate Ray by taking quotes of mine and throwing scripture at it... Hardly condusive to a good banter is it?
It comes across as totally over the top in most instances and especially when what you're quoting has no real relevance your point.

Let me know Steve

Yes I am trying to emulate Ray as he emulates Christ. And ALL my quotes WERE VERY RELEVANT. It was about the idol of mammon. Selling the Word(which is forbidden) for money and then trying to justify it. So read them again, please.

EZE

Btw, I am not an American (thank God) and have no idea about the whole rap scene over there... Sorry to have caused offense with my user name

I kinda figured that out thats why i called you 'mate', mate.

Peace...Steve

hillsbororiver

« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2006, 02:16:22 PM »

Quote from: EZE

Let me know Steve

EZE

Let's keep it civil, it is possible to make a point without being offensive.

Thanks,

Joe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dennis Vogel
Site Admin

Posted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Please read this before posting.    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This forum is primarily a place for people of a like mind to fellowship and discuss what they learn on bible-truths.com. Others are welcome as long as questions are respectful and carry no agenda. If you seriously disagree with Ray or Mike, please email them directly.

If you come here to teach us, please take your teaching elsewhere.

Please do not make sport of persons who email Ray or Mike. Leave any criticism of the individual to Ray or Mike. But feel free to express your scholarly views about the email, or any subject.

No preaching (including preaching via links). No name-calling.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Harryfeat

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2006, 03:59:25 PM »

Hello Brett,

I just can't force myself to throw away or burn a book.  [I must have been a librarian in a prior life :lol: ]

Please do not do anything behind your wife's back.  She is probably on to you anyway.  

The only solution that I could come up with was to donate your books [if you think they are of value] to a worthy bible school student. The only requirement would be that the student challenge the doctrines and theologies expressed therein.  You can devise the way that is done either by comparison to the BT discussions or just in general how they compare or comply with the doctrine of Christ.  

If you sell them on Ebay you could put a surgeon general warning sticker on each one that says.... Beware: reading the contents of this book will give you less truth, peace and warmth than smoking/burning it.

feat
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 21 queries.